Search results

1. 1-in-charge

Any other pioneers share the PLC-590 motor?

I'm adding this info for posterity in case someone in the future sees this old thread and needs a PLC-590 motor. I've recently been told that the motor from a PL-570 (circa 1970s) will work in a PLC-590, with a slight mod. Apparently the PL-570 was an automatic table. The PLC-590 was manual. I...
  2. 1-in-charge

Thank you guys. Great suggestions that I had not thought of. I have a motor from a PL-630 on its way. If that doesn't work, I will try that and keep you posted. It makes me sad every time I walk by it - very pretty table.
  3. 1-in-charge

xlbee - you were exactly correct. Here is a pic of my motor with bent spindle showing part number PXM-051. The search continues...
  4. 1-in-charge

Awesome! Thank you both for that great info. I'll post an update if those leads lead to success!
  5. 1-in-charge

Sometimes you have to re-bait the hook, so here goes: Let's make it a scavenger hunt. First person who finds a Pioneer table that shared this motor gets a $20 Starbucks gift card! (Of course, if the answer is, "This motor was not used in any other tables and no other motors are suitable...
  6. 1-in-charge

I have a Pioneer PLC-590 turntable (same as Japanese XLC-1850) (also referred to as "Series 20") with a destroyed spindle/motor thanks to a gentleman (I had to edit my prior description) who decided to ignore my advice and shipped the TT with platter in place. The motor is part #PXA-352 per the...
  7. 1-in-charge

Need help with tonearm selection for Ariston RD40

Will do. Many thanks!
  8. 1-in-charge

Need help with tonearm selection for Ariston RD40

I've fallen into possession of an Ariston RD40, but no tonearm. What thoughts do you have on what tonearm I should pair with the RD40? I'm listening to Jazz, some '70's rock, and whatever else fits the mood du jour through a Mac 1700 on Forte II's, if that helps. I suspect this will be a backup...
Back
Top Bottom