Search results

1. mattstech

Cassette Phasing Issues at low Frequencies

I had a large (>100 C-60s) tape duplication job to complete, so I decided to align my master deck to the duplication.ca alignment tape to achieve a good treble response, to send the master tape out for duplicating. Output attached to scope, I turn the head screws until I get the most output I...
  2. mattstech

Sansui SS-2 Help

Hello my friends of AK! So due to being "temporarily laid off" as to current world events, I have decided to work on some projects of mine. This includes a pair of Sansui SS-2 headphones from the early 1970s, that i managed to score at a thrift store a while back. The problem: -Often times...
  3. mattstech

How do I clean these switches?

For the past week I've been restoring this very beautiful Yamaha CA-600. Cleaned pots, replaced some caps that have drifted off in value, centered bias... etc. etc. It sounds very nice now. Now, I really need some help with these 3 switches. I know where the contacts are, but it's impossible to...
  4. mattstech

My cassette deck stopped working... So I've started using this.

Yes, there are different classes of quality when it comes to cassette decks. One one side we have the high end, with 3 heads, the best version of Dolby at the time, tons of options and controls. Then on the other side, we have the plastic "junkers" This is pretty obvious hahaha. But my point is...
  5. mattstech

Sony GX59ES... Keeps going into protect?

Got this one for free, from neighbors cleaning out the basement. It was apparently part of a "stereo system" but... this is all that's left! Wasn't powered on for almost 15 years according to them From the early 90s, 80wpc I believe. Thick metal face, metal knobs. Part of Sony's ES line, which...
  6. mattstech

What's with vintage headphones?

Guys, I really need an opinion here. Anyone's two cents would seriously be extremely helpful because I don't have the best experience with any of this and really anything would be helpful! So, here it goes: I've had a very bad experience with buying professional headphones from the 1970's and...
  7. mattstech

Limiting output level of a CD Player?

So lately I'm finding that a few of my CD's are recorded so loudly that they cause distortion. I just got a new receiver (Sansui 350) and I find it has trouble with crazy high inputs. The output on my Pioneer PD-T510 is LOUD, much louder in fact than what my cassette deck or computer could...
  8. mattstech

Need help with Realistic Pro-1 Monitors

Got these headphones today for $1 at a flee market. I cleaned off all the rotten foam, however I find that they just don't sound right. On this thread, it seems other people praise these headphones due to thier sound quality...
  9. mattstech

Impressions on low end Sansui - Any thoughts?

I'm new to AK! :) So I've been collecting some vintage sansui equipment for a while now, and usually I end up buying low end Sansuis for quite cheap at local thrift stores and garage sales. Now this isn't their utter plastic 90s garbage, but I tend to find amps and receivers from the late 60s...
  10. mattstech

Vintage Speakers - Yamaha NS-410

Im new here, if this is in the wrong category, whoops! :D Anyway, a neighbour gave me a very nice pair of Yamaha NS-410s from around 1973. Best sounding speakers I have heard in my life. Not much bass, (85hz drop off) but the thing that makes them stand out is the nice flat response from around...
Back
Top Bottom