Search results

1. rollcentre

New Kenwood & Kensonic fan - Accuphase c-200s variant

I've been going down the Kenwood and Accuphase rabbit hole lately. I got the 700 supreme stack set up in my system and am really enjoying it. I'm using a Sony X777ES cd player and Technics SP10 turntable into the supreme preamp. I have the Trio version of the power amplifier that's currently...
  2. rollcentre

Vintage QSC power amp, TRS balanced input to unbal. RCA conv.

Quick question- this is my first go with balanced TRS, my understanding has two signals one + and one - and also a ground. I'd like to convert to RCA inputs. I have the RCA jacks installed with the ground installed as originally done on the TRS (barrel to chassis). I am wondering which signal...
  3. rollcentre

Mitsubishi DA-R20 receiver, and STK power pack questions

I've got a Mitsubishi DA-R20 that's currently working (for me) however the previous owner said it had problems with dropping both channels after it been powered on for a while. I do notice that the output section STK-1060's are running what seems to me to be too warm. At idle with no input, the...
  4. rollcentre

Marantz Model 32 amplifier

I just picked up a '70 Marantz 32 amplifier, and I need a bit of help troubleshooting. It's in decent shape, and checked out on the variac & DBT. On the variac the relay will energize at about 90v. I checked the DC offset and it was fairly high. One channel was 175mV and the other in the 90s...
  5. rollcentre

Geph0007 rocks!

I bought a hard to find infinity EMIM driver from a speaker system he decided to part out. I got it quickly, and it's a very nice one! I wouldnt hesitate to buy more from him.. Thanks Keith! -Keith
  6. rollcentre

New to Phase Linear. Lots o pics

Hey guys, I came across a few classic phase linear pieces. I have been reading up here and I know there's a pretty polarized opinion of the stuff. I must admit, I've always been fond of the big 400 power amp with the huge meters. I'm pretty stoked to have two of them now. The phase linear 2000...
  7. rollcentre

70's phase linear stuff

I've come across a small local hoard of phase linear gear. I talked to the owner a bit over the years, and didn't realize he had the full kit. He has a pair of 700Bs a pair of 400s and a phase linear 2000 preamp. He also has a pair of Andromeda speakers. I also believe there are wood cases for...
  8. rollcentre

Marantz champagne rack mount set

There is a Marantz PM500 integrated amplifier, a tuner, and a timer, all with optional rack mount handles and matching rack. The owner says he'd like to get 400 for the whole set. It is currently all working as well. I forget the model of the tuner, but I believe I had a small vcd display off...
  9. rollcentre

Jbl 5232 crossover system

I found a pair of these two channel rack mount electronic crossovers. One is loaded with 1200hz cards, the other is loaded with 7000hz cards. --This is actually the label affixed to the cards which are seen thru the window of the front panel of the crossover. This was part of a massive...
  10. rollcentre

Magnepan MG-IIIA and crown DC300

I have a pair of Magnepan MG-IIIA. I've had them for a while and really love them. I have been using Mcintosh MC2300s to power them and have been considering adding crown DC300 to the amp collection. The magnepans are nominal 4 ohm load but can dip much lower at certain freq. Or so I'm told. The...
  11. rollcentre

School me on crown- particularly the DC300

A buddy of mine came into a bunch of crown gear, it was part of a triamp system and it's all immaculate. There's a IC150A preamp, a Crown DC300, a DC300A , and a couple D75(I believe) small amplifiers. I am primarily interested in the original DC300. I've always wanted to give one a go and...
  12. rollcentre

My new JBL 4401 and first refoam!

I found these earlier this week. It was a lot of fun working on these little JBLs. I spent about an hour or so on them every other evening for about a week. I oiled the cabs with a mix of turpentine and BLO applied with 4 ought steel wool. I replaced the spring terminals with binding posts, then...
  13. rollcentre

Too good to be true?/ heads up in DFW Marantz 2245

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/dallas-marantz-2245-blackface/7252129331.html Seems too good to be true. Has anyone contacted the seller yet?. I'm rooting for it being real, but can't help feeling it's not. These just haven't been listed for that price around here in several years...
  14. rollcentre

Can you help me ID this antenna?

I found this in the attic of a house I recently moved in to. Will this style antenna be a good choice for FM tuner? I have a mcintosh MR78 I now live in a lower profile single story ranch style house and I need a bit more height than what an indoor antenna can provide. I live on a hill, but...
  15. rollcentre

New house, same old system!

..and of course the stereo was one of the first things to unpack and start setting up. I had to share a pic of the progress. These components haven't been used much this year, but now with a dedicated room, hopefully that will change. &Thank the lawd!! No more stairs!!! for the gearheads-...
  16. rollcentre

Vintage Magnepan guidance

Hello, I am wanting to try out some Magnepan speakers! I don't know a whole lot about them, hoping to find some experienced users to help shed some .light on some things. I have about 480wpc to work with, and possibly even up to 700wpc if I can biamp. I listen to all kind of music. Jazz...
  17. rollcentre

Recap/ repair of 20 y/o CDP worth it?

I've got a Marantz universal player from the early 2000's (DV8300) it was a pretty slick machine in it's day. I still use it for CD/SACD/DVD and it sounds decent except for I notice that one channel will distort and clip on loud passages, particularly any transients that occur in the HF region...
  18. rollcentre

MPI-4... Got one! ...Finally

I was searching a while for the MPI-4. I found a unit that is fairly clean. This one must be an early one, the component date codes are '72-'73. IIRC, according to RR's site they were made til '75. The glass is perfect, so is the bezel-- which i removed temporarily as it was hanging on by a...
  19. rollcentre

Paging fellow mac-nut Cduarte

Last i talked to Chris he was going in for a major surgery a few weeks back. I haven't heard anything from him since. I'm friends with him on FB, and we are admins in the same group... I'm not sure if he's just been logged off for a while, but I know he's been a regular here- hasn't posted...
  20. rollcentre

Roe caps in c32

I am going to recap my c32, from what I gather this preamp was probably built in late 78 or 79. I notice that the little brown 10mfd-40v and 10-63 ROE caps on the tone control board, and a few other places. They are marked with + and -, I was under the impression that these were bipolar...
  21. rollcentre

846B beater Valencias

I found some Valencias locally, I ended up getting them in a trade for a piece of gear. I'm honestly embarrassed of posting a picture of them because they are pretty beat down. 846bs aren't the most attractive either, lol.When I got them I was a little disappointed in the sound when I plugged...
  22. rollcentre

Mx110Z or C20 with MR66

Hey folks I have a chance at getting a C20 and MR66 pair. Unfortunately it would be at the expense of my MX110Z. For those of you that have owned both and know what they sound like, was there any noticable difference in SQ? I would be sacrificing FM stereo, as there is no MPX decoder on the...
  23. rollcentre

Mx113 knob stuck, pulled out pot shaft

I've never had a knob so stuck it also pulled out the pot shaft, this is the center knob on the dual concentric tone control knob for the bass on the mx113. I have the knob and shaft in the oven now trying to heat up and separate the two. Will the shaft snap back in place, or is this pot junk now?
  24. rollcentre

Korean made ortofon rmg-309 copy

Hey folks, does anyone have any experience with the Korean made Ortofon RMG-309 tonearm copy? I think the mfg name or brand is Arpeggione. I'm having trouble find any good info on it. Thanks in advance
  25. rollcentre

Identification of this 6L6 quad

Hey folks, i came across a beater mc240 and it was equipped with these output tubes, they are all Realistic branded and 3 of the quad are identical and marked "JAPAN" they have dual o side getters and rather crude looking micas, but they test over 100 on my sencore MM3 emissions tester. One of...
Back
Top Bottom