Search results

1. ColinR

FRIED MODEL R Inductor Value

I would suggest ;) and don't ask about the source. For a B139 @ 200Hz 7mH, 3.5mH used elsewhwere. For the B110 1mH, 4mH, the circuit seems to be a cut-down version of something else and for the T27 in a "cut down aB section @3500Hz" 0.3mH - Rdc 0.55 ohm is normally used...
  2. ColinR

FRIED MODEL R Inductor Value

oops
  3. ColinR

KEF K1 Slimline

:D Glossary of terms: sleezeBay - eBay Audiodogging - Audiogon hi-fi magazine - Hi-fi World who lifted my contribution to www.soundfountain.com about Mordaunt Short MS-737s without prior permission or consent. sleeze and dogging you'll have to look up those yourselves :naughty...
  4. ColinR

KEF K1 Slimline

Like most of the KEF oddities produced by KEF and other designers you’re confusing rarity with value. They may be survivors, but serious collectors will already have examples and those like me who have a thematic collection based on a specific drive unit range or design philosophy of what I...
  5. ColinR

crack on top plate

That's a fault in the casting (from new), so live with it or put a bead of epoxy around the top of the magnet so no more moisture will ingress, cause corrosion and potential crack propogation. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not...
  6. ColinR

Replacing Peerless K040MRF in a set of IMF TLS 50s

See response at www.audioasylum.com . :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
  7. ColinR

The Quest for The KEF… Reference 107!

Although both Enrico Cecconi and David Smith lurk at www.hifiloudspeakers.info I'm afraid the designers and builders of professional KEF Kubes, KMI, Maidstone, etc have no more information. All that they have is already published here...
  8. ColinR

Kef based crossover, 4 way, do you recognise

As C7 - 0.47uF is missing they'll only work with three-way KEF Concertos, Cambridge R40s or similar. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and...
  9. ColinR

Goodmans XO/950/5000 - How to connect?

12dB/octave filters, all drive units should be wired in phase. As the terminal screws are at the bottom you reverse the middle image, so LHS, input- input+, bass- bass+, mid- mid+, treble- treble+, RHS. Connect the bass unit first with amplifier input on it's left, check you get bass notes...
  10. ColinR

Mordaunt Short Woofers Pageant Series 2...KEF B200 ?

If the cone is Bextrene then the drive unit will be a "badge engineered" Dalesford D50/200 unit, if it's doped paper pulp or something similar then it's a Mordaunt Short in house unit. KEF drive units were only used in MS 737, 727, some 700, 235 and some 400 designs. :music: This post...
  11. ColinR

Monitor Audio MA5

Due to high levels of plagiarism of my material (schematics, text and pictures) by individuals (sleezeBay, Audiodogging), BBS (diyaudio.com) and magazines (Hi-fi World) without permission for their commercial gain I’m no longer prepared to publish anything. The values you may require are...
  12. ColinR

Probable KEF Subwoofer dredged from depths of garage.

I'm up very early :boring: as I'm of to the Tonbridge Audiojumble in a bit. This page might be of some use as it leads to the setup guide. http://www.kef.com/html/en/explore/about_kef/museum/1990s/Reference_Series_Model_70/index.html Have fun :yes:. :music: This post or any other...
  13. ColinR

Kef 103.2 bass distorts at low levels

What a strange thing to do:scratch2:, did you want/need smaller boxes? The Carlton III has the same crossover circuit without the S-STOP as the 103.2. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing...
  14. ColinR

Stands that will hold large speakers

For something heavy and you want it a little taller I'd recommend a pair of bedside cabinets :D. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
  15. ColinR

Need a good Speaker Selector

All I can suggest is this http://www.btechavmounts.com/file/bt913-spec-sheet-120811-pdf for more than 4 pairs of speakers you'll have to look for an ex-shop speaker comparitor. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not...
  16. ColinR

B&O Beovox 5700 Studio Monitors

Yes, but I haven't done it yet :boring:. The bass and midrange have 12dB crossover slopes and the treble is a Bessel with a resistor just like the Ditton 66. As there is no serious corrective circuitry, I intend (one day) to set my 24dB/octave Behringer CX-3400 to 500Hz and 5kHz, bypass...
  17. ColinR

B&O Beovox 5700 Studio Monitors

Come on brain boxes :D. If your drive units and ABRs are held by clips, get some flex and a soldering iron and extend one bass unit's wires to make the pair "handed". Then mount the speakers on their sides on 20-24" stands a'la Gale 401. Regarding dust caps, an 80mm paper job with a...
  18. ColinR

What's wrong with piezo tweeters?

In piezo tweeters defence I have some of the bits from a BBC Research LS3/5a type design using a Motorola KSN 1036 and KEF B110B, so they cannot be all bad! :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing...
  19. ColinR

Cap Shelf Life

I think they'll have a best before date sometime in 2200! :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
  20. ColinR

Imf monitor tls 80

Just to clue you in, Malcolm Jones has sold Falcon to Jerry Bloomfield but is still involved on a part-time basis. Jerry used to refurbish the "big" IMFs and owns the rights to the name, more technical details I suspect will appear on the Falcon website in the fullness of time. The IMF...
  21. ColinR

KEF Kube 104.2

Your preamplifier does not have a tape monitor (monitor/source) button for off tape monitoring with a three head machine, so the only method you have for connection is between the pre and power amplifiers. As you're overloading the input stage of the KUBE you're going to have to play with...
  22. ColinR

Vintage Mordaunt Short Pageant Series 2

£192 odd quid, no way! $100 Australian would be a firm price if they're mint, boxed and have their instructions. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging...
  23. ColinR

Transport damage to drivers - how?

A DCR of 7.1 Ohms or whatever with a multimeter does not guarantee that a driver will work only that there is continuity in the voice coil. I have a KEF T27 SP1032 which has the correct DCR but it produces no sound as the voice coil is resting in the pole piece well, having been sufficiently...
  24. ColinR

rogers studio 1

Unless you're using 25-50W light bulbs forget them, as Rogers like most other BBC inspired designs have a fair amount of iron (autotransformers/inductors) in them that soaks up the current. :music: This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is...
  25. ColinR

Decca London Ribbon Tweeters -- project application ?

The pretty picture of one of my Mordaunt Short MS737s, their specs and the circuit diagram. An guess what they're playing :music:. This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or...
Back
Top Bottom