Search results

1. S

Audio Community Phrases or Sayings that Make You Cringe.....

Ads with no price listed, but say "I have a good idea of the value", "no lowballers", then of course "excellent working condition just a bit of scratching when volume turned up" and "turntable not tested".
  2. S

Hawaii. Is it worth all the effort getting there?

You can't judge Hawaii by Oahu. Waikiki is South Beach meets Hawaii, and Honolulu is to much like any big city and is the only city on any of the islands with high rises. We did one trip there and 2 to the Big Island and while I enjoyed Oahu once was enough as it is to much busier and crowded.
  3. S

NOS Telefunken T23 Cartridge/Needle - $16.99 for TW-509

Most of those are made in China clones and there are some bad reviews for those - one 3 part youtube review on ruining records. These are W German production so look like a better one to try vs. the clones. I didn't get the TW-509 myself, decided my dual headshells are enough to navigate so...
  4. S

What I learned on Craigslist

I learned that a mid-range receiver makes a tube amp not worth considering. This guy is always pricing on the high side and does titles like this. PIONEER SX-525 STEREO RECEIVER * BEAUTIFUL TUBE-LIKE SOUND *
  5. S

NOS Telefunken T23 Cartridge/Needle - $16.99 for TW-509

No affiliation, I was looking into a Telefunken TW-509 turntable without a cartridge but they are proprietary and found a seller with a stash of them on Ebay at a very good price of '416.99. the other option is poor current production Chinese ones - quick google and yuck...
  6. S

The Official Elcaset thread!

Ebay for EL-4 belts. Only option for me with workable shipping fees.
  7. S

Just found this 6 year old post! I brought my El-4 into Centek Electronics a few days ago. I was encouraged when I was walking in the door on a snowy day, carrying the deck sideways with the name not visible and before I even got through the door, from about 10 feet away I heard "Is that an...
  8. S

Nice job with the stickers, I hope that goes well.
  9. S

With the door off, I was able to get the capstans turning when I manually pushed down on the switch on the bottom right. There are two switches - one on the far right and one a bit left of that. When I push down the latter one the dolby and tape selection lights come on and when I pushed the...
  10. S

From the service manual info, it looks like the EL-4 and EL-5 are the same except for the controls. It says "The mechanism section of this set is the same as ... the EL-5. EL-5 uses logically controlled feather-touch function buttons. However, this set uses five function switches and they...
  11. S

Great, I will pop the lid and take a look. I have mucked about with turntables but not a tape deck before. I know that when turntable belts deteriorate they can get gummy and leave quite a mess behind. Here's a picture of the stuff.
  12. S

Hi, I picked up an El-4 with a pile of tapes last weekend. The owner said it worked the last he used it, which was many years ago, but he had to push the tape down as the fingers or something were not picking up well. I am not sure if that makes sense, but it appears that it was reasonably...
  13. S

Stackable Components to Make Stand

Thanks Blue Shadow, nice Kenwood stack in the link. I like to keep an eye out for the not obvious when vintage hunting and this may be that type of equipment.
  14. S

Stackable Components to Make Stand

Bit of a clunky title, not sure how to describe it. The components in the picture look like they stack together, with woodgrain sides to basically make the stand in one shot. I don't know if this was just low end stuff like Emerson, etc., or some better companies sold systems like this as...
  15. S

Fisher Consoles 1959-1965

The TD 124 in this shape with that arm is around $800, so it was a good buy with the amp and tuner. The tape deck is not a high value one though. The equipment will need an overhaul so there is a good opportunity for the buyer to add a lot of value.
  16. S

Pictures of a very nice Teak Fisher console. It looked to be a home install, as it is a Danish teak crezenda or sideboard that was adapted. The turntable is a Thorens TD 124 with a wooden Grado tonearm, Fisher KX-200 tube Amp, Fisher km-60 Tuner and a Sony 262D reel to reel deck. The...
  17. S

Did Fisher have a Thorens TD 124 in any of their consoles or any Thorens? Looking through models on the Fisher website, there appears to be Garrard and Duals but I didn't see Thorens turntables. Looking at a console locally that appears to have a Thorens TD 124 turntable, Fisher X-200 tube amp...
  18. S

Shure Premier

If that is the original stylus, it would be the M75ED, per a previous thread. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/shure-premier-cart-yellow.558585/ Premier Yellow - M95ED - V shaped cart bottom, the others have a flat bottom Premier Black - M75ED Type 2 Premier Light Green - M70EJ...
  19. S

Dust Cover Cross Reference

Old thread, but thanks to the OP for the list of cross references, very handy.
Back
Top Bottom