Search results

1. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

Hi Avionic. Sorry for the delay. Here is the verdict. I have gone audio repair crazy! First, I decided I couldn't do this kind of work out of the spare bedroom. That spawned a weekend garage project that took all of Sat and Sunday to complete, but I now have a dedicated work area along with...
  2. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

Thanks Avionic. Got it. You're right. I count five total. I will try and do some testing tonight/tomorrow
  3. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

Thanks Avionic. Ok. So how do I find these relay's? I have the service manual, but keep in mind I'm just a software guy trying to learn electronics. So, is this the guy you are talking about? It's the only orange/yellow relay I can see. If he is the culprit, do I just need to replace?
  4. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

It's funny you mention that. No, the mute button was also not working. A clue?
  5. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

I did. I can't detect any movement, or bad solder joints for the RCA's. They seem very solid with no "wiggle"
  6. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

More pics. This actually seems to be a pretty clean unit on the topside.
  7. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

Thanks Nashou. Those caught my eye as well, but it didn't look like the were attached to a trace. I believe they are beneath these two guys. I have also taken some more pics of areas that seem to be of concern. I have also read that possibly there are relay problems with this model, but I don't...
  8. seveb43

Yamaha C50 problems

Hello all, I recently purchased a C50 for repair. I don't have much experience, but I thought I would give it a shot. I really want/need to learn how to perform my own repairs. So, everything seems to function as expected, with the exception of the phone stages. It doesn't matter if I use 1, or...
  9. seveb43

Need replacement NEC transistors - NEC C1098 and NEC A636

Apologies for jacking this thread, but I'm hoping to get in touch with FootFungus. It looks as though I can't PM directly. I'm in need of a reputable SS tech, and I'm in the McKinney area. Please let me know if I can contact you.
  10. seveb43

Where is everyone sending there yamaha gear?

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping to get some solid advice. I have recently purchased a Yamaha M-80 that I would like to have restored. I have messaged avionic, but I'm not sure what his availability is. Anyone have a a recommendation for someone that does reputable work on these?
  11. seveb43

KEF 107.2 Help and Guidance

Here are some pics of the new setup
  12. seveb43

EUREKA!!! :banana: OK. So the connection on pins H & B didn't make sense to me (They are both black) So I reversed them on both crossovers and HELLO KEF's! I now have good tight bass. It is as others described "Laid Back", but very nice. I have a feeling that these woofers will need a little...
  13. seveb43

@frommerstop thanks for all the help, but I'm still not there. I'm seriously starting to think that whoever did the initial rebuild on these, did not hook the wiring back up correctly. Of course that's all I had to go buy, so I reconnected everything the same way. The only way I can describe...
  14. seveb43

Hey Jimmy, I'm using an Adcom GFA-5503 for my 2 Ch. side of things. It's rated at 375 Watts per Ch. @4 Ohms. Thanks, Brian
  15. seveb43

Didn't mean to post twice.
  16. seveb43

Hey dobieguy, Well i have to say I'm kind of heat broken right now. Spent four hours getting everything back together. I was meticulous. But I still have NO low end. There has to be something else wrong. The wiring to the crossover??? something! The MF/HF sound like I'm in a bed of rose...
  17. seveb43

Is there some way for me to check? Other than taking them apart?
  18. seveb43

How did your's turn out?
  19. seveb43

I have them! Just got back, and will begin assembly within an hour or so. I was going to start them tomorrow, but I can't wait now that I have them :D I've posted a picture of the re-worked woofers. Thanks again to all..more to come :banana:
  20. seveb43

Hello all. Sorry for the delayed responses. I've had a busy week. Once again thanks for all the comments, advice etc... On the fero fluid I guess I will just have to wait and see? I'm not sure how I could check it. Suggestions on this are appreciated. As far as the re-foam...alas I spoke...
  21. seveb43

Indeed I did. and it seems to be in MINTY condition as well. Once again I couldn't believe my luck when these showed up on CL. I found the add at around 7 PM on a Friday night. I was on the phone with him 5 minutes later, and 45 minutes later we had negotiated the deal. I drove two hours the...
  22. seveb43

Thanks to all for the information. This was very helpful. After reading the posts I decided to give freeman-tuell a call here in Dallas. They were very familiar with the KEF speakers and agreed to do a complete re-work of all 4 woofers with the correct doughnuts at $30 each. They had all the...
  23. seveb43

Thanks to all for the information. This was very helpful. After reading the posts I decided to give freeman-tuell a call here in Dallas. They were very familiar with the KEF speakers and agreed to do a complete re-work of all 4 woofers with the correct doughnuts at $30 each. They had all the...
  24. seveb43

OK so I guess it's decision time. I could order the kit, and attempt the re-foam myself with the correct parts, or ship them off. I took a quick look and the difference appears to be $80 VS $320 plus shipping. Knowing I'm on a budget, and that I have never done a re-foam what would you...
  25. seveb43

Thanks! OK, so these are definitely missing the doughnuts. So I guess I can assume that someone attempted the re-foam, and then did it incorrectly?
Back
Top Bottom