Search results

1. slackie911

Repair/clean old ADS L880s?

Thanks for the tips everyone, I will probably leave them as it, and maybe put some cloth on the metal grills to keep out as much dust as possible. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, they're not in the best shape, the cabinets are dinged up and a section has broken up a little bit (luckily on the...
  2. slackie911

Oh okay, thanks for the advice!
  3. slackie911

I picked up a pair of old ADS L880s (not in the best of shape). They have some gunk on the mids and highs, I was wondering if there was a way to remove it without damaging anything? I was thinking perhaps some alcohol and cotton balls but I'm not sure. I attached some photos to show you what I...
  4. slackie911

Ren 80s - broken shorting strap

Thanks everyone, I used some needle nosed pliars to pull out the old plug, stripped the wires, and use it to make the connection. Cheers!
  5. slackie911

Thanks swechsler
  6. slackie911

Hey guys, So I recently moved houses and in the moving process the "shorting strap" that the previous owner of my Ren 80s had on, broke. You can see the photo here: https://imgur.com/a/ZktfwWq Question is, what the heck do I do? Not sure if I can just connect the speakers to my amp (aragon...
  7. slackie911

Infinity Infinitesimal 0.2 Amplifier How much Power

Have u guys every driven the early infinitesimals with a modern high-efficiency amp? I use my pair with a Aiwa Mini Amplifier but was thinking of getting a Denon PMA-50 for its upgraded abilities (digital audio so I can hook it up to my TV, bluetooth, etc.). Is anyone doing such a heretical...
  8. slackie911

Ren 80 & 90 Owners

That makes sense and sounds easy enough, I'll have to make sure to get a powered sub.
  9. slackie911

Ren 80 & 90 Owners

Cool, I didn't know that! Cheers
  10. slackie911

What are the good ∞ speaker models?

Wow that really is eye popping! Thanks for the advice re painting/sanding. I assume for the sanding method, I would want to use a block and apply even pressure in one direction (with the grain), in order to limit any scratches showing thru the paint. Cheers!
  11. slackie911

Ren 80 & 90 Owners

I've got the 80s and I would like to try this at some point, but I need to figure out how to do it. I just have a stereo amp. Also I thought you were supposed to set the sub to only handle the lower frequencies, but i have no idea how to do that. And the room they are in is pretty small...not...
  12. slackie911

Same here, my dream is for gloss-white cabinets, black fabric cover, and i'll spray paint white a set of spike feet.
  13. slackie911

Check the auction site, if you search "speakers spiked feet" a bunch will come up. Just make sure the size of the threads will work. They're not too pricey.
  14. slackie911

Infinity Renaissance 80 styles?

Thanks for your advice!
  15. slackie911

Infinity Renaissance 80 styles?

Hey folks...so what I am about to say may be considered heresy on these parts, but it is kind of a half-baked idea I've been having recently... So i have a pair of Ren 80s in the black (not piano black) finish, and I was wondering about re-finishing them into a high-gloss white finish. Has...
  16. slackie911

Mini Component system suggestion?

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a mini system (either amp + preamp or integrated), that can drive a pair of Infinitessimals 0.1s. Here is a link to the speakers: http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Infinitesimal_0.1_technical_sheet.pdf They can drop down to 4...
  17. slackie911

Infinity bug bites again...

I pumped up the volume when the wife was out...I think the bass fills out much nicer at higher volumes. The ribbons are excellent :)
  18. slackie911

Hey guys, Finally getting around to reviewing the Infinity Renaissance 80s: -the highs and mids are incredible. really lovely. -great soundstage. i feel immersed, and my setup isnt that great because my room forces me to keep these guys about 1ft off the wall (should be at least 3ft) -really i...
  19. slackie911

Recomend a home mixed coctail, martini ect.

Ten degrees below (the equator) 1 part dark rum (fleur de cana) 1 part rye whiskey (old overholt) 1/4 agave 1/4 allspice dram dash walnut bitter dash hellfire bitter
  20. slackie911

Happy Holidays!

Ditto! thanks everyone who has helped me here. Hope i can pay it forward. Merry xmas!
  21. slackie911

What I really need is the volume control to dial down the signal from my source (TV fixed volume output). It seems I can either get a DAC with volume control, or a preamp with volume control.
  22. slackie911

I don't think I need any gain, I think I need to dial down (attenuation?) the signal. I tried hooking the amp directly to the source (TV) and it was BOOM loud! No records so no phono needed...the hunt for hifi gear continues!
  23. slackie911

^^ ty :D
  24. slackie911

I picked up an Aragon 8008 to experiment with. Will eventually upgrade to a bigger amp when my wallet/listening space get bigger, but for now this should do well. One more question to you folks....do I NEED a pre-amp? Or am I going to blow out my speakers without one? I would be going...
  25. slackie911

Hey guys, these guys came in today! Pictures as promised. Thanks to all for the advice I've gotten from this forum, I hope to pay it forward! Cheers Also: aside from settling on an amp, I guess my next upgrade has to be a larger home with more room to show these guys off. This is an expensive...
Back
Top Bottom