Search results

1. Willy6

Who sells the best foam surrounds?

So I have two pair of Infinity Prelude P-FR’s and one pair needs re foamed. I’m trying to figure out who sells the best foam because there are four 5.5” and two 4” midrange drivers in each speaker and doing some research some places cost almost twice as much $ for their foam so should I get the...
  2. Willy6

My Christmas present AU-111 arrived today

It needs work though.
  3. Willy6

P-2100 problem

I recently acquired two Yamaha P-2100's and one of them works fine but the other one is putting out 47vdc full rail to the right speaker terminals and about 7mv on the left.I have checked all and replaced some resistors i also replaced all electrolytic caps accept the big filters and all of the...
  4. Willy6

Sundholm 6000

Does anyone have any experience with this amplifier?
  5. Willy6

Question on the infinity Prelude's??

So you all know that the Prelude's woofer blows out the bottom towards left or right and my question is should they be pointing towards each other or should the woofers point towards a wall instead of each other if that makes sense?
  6. Willy6

P-2250

I recently acquired a pair of beat up P-2100's and a P-2250 that I'm going to recap.the P-2250 is plug and play but the 2100's both need work.So can anyone enlighten me on the P-2250 compared to the p-2100?I currently have the 2250 paired with a tubes4HIFI SP 14 preamp and it sounds pretty good.
  7. Willy6

RS-ll crossover recap.

I bought a pair of RS-ll's awhile back and the guy I bought them from refoamed all of the drivers but they never did sound right to me so now that I'm retired I decided to recap the crossovers and when I was looking them over I found that the mid range pot looks burned.Does anyone know of a...
  8. Willy6

1001A

Do the 1001A and 1001 model have the same tweeter in the back?
  9. Willy6

RS II's problem

Long story short I bought a pair of RS II's without listening to them and the guy I acquired them from stated that the woofers had the foam surround's replaced and when I hooked them up there was a noticeable vibration coming out of one of them so I found that one was rubbing and I re foamed it...
  10. Willy6

W-3M

Does anyone know of a good preamp that I can use with a HeathKit W-3M power amp?
  11. Willy6

AU-70

Finally found the time to do some work on this thing but now I need to figure out how to bias it without killing myself.
  12. Willy6

G-9700 Loudness button

A few days ago I noticed that the loudness wasn't working when I push the button in on my G-9700 so today I am scratching my head trying to figure out if it is the push button switch or the volume pot that is at fault or something else?
  13. Willy6

Prelude P-FR question

What kind of amplifier should I use with these speakers?Will they hurt any of my 70's Era sansui amps and recievers?
  14. Willy6

Solder

What is the best solder to use on vintage pcb's
  15. Willy6

KA-8004 Problem

My friend dropped off this KA-8004 and there is no output to the speakers?I set the bias to 20mv and the relay clicks but no sound to either side?I checked the pre in / main out switch and it works so not sure what the problem is other than its in the the pre amp section not the main amp.
  16. Willy6

Sansui 9090 hack

I blew my dmm fuse earlier today measuring the bias voltage on my 9090 and thought I blew up a lot more than I really did.long story short I was connecting the leads to fuse F07 on my 9090 when my wife walked up and started talking to me and bang I shorted the leads between F07 and F09 luckily...
  17. Willy6

9090 question

Are the front panel lights supposed to go out with the aux and phono functions?mine works on all other functions accept those.
  18. Willy6

Black flag caps

Can anyone tell me a good replacement cap for the infamous black flags?
  19. Willy6

PCB trace repair question

Has anyone used a trace repair silver conductive pen before?If so how well do they work?What are the pros and cons?
  20. Willy6

Protection circuit relay

Anyone know the replacement for an omron L Y 2 24v relay is?
  21. Willy6

Power supply capacitors

Does anyone use the LKG series Nichicon capacitors for the big main power supply caps?
  22. Willy6

G-9000 headache

I've been scratching my head on this for awhile. My G-9000 right channel output is lower than the left channel output..here is the left channel and the right channel pics
  23. Willy6

Nichicon UKT or UKA?

I'm trying to figure out the difference between the UKA and the UKT series and what applications are they both suited for?
  24. Willy6

Two amps one signal

What would be the best way to split a CD player or tuner signal through two different amplifiers.what I'm trying to do is run four speakers in my shop through one amp and four speakers in my house through the other amp all with the same audio signal.The amplifiers are two Yamaha CA-810's from...
  25. Willy6

Blasphemy Right?

Back
Top Bottom