Search results

1. T

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

What an album!!!
  2. T

Mono press

Why are mono pressing so sort after or are they. What's the difference?
  3. T

Name the brands in your audio system.

Denon Pioneer Kenwood Asia Yamaha Rotel Onkyo
  4. T

CLEANING VINYL - The AK compendium of fact, fiction and collective wisdom

I just use sterile h2o (as in medical industry) and cloth wipe, for really poppy ones I hose then down with garden hose then sterile h20 clean again....works OK 4 me
  5. T

Get the hose out

That's the whole point there not that bad now
  6. T

Get the hose out

Well it works me, I've only started doin it, maybe 5 records and these include DSOTM, cat stevens eagles...so to bring them back feels great....remember they were sitting in box maybe getting thrown out...now not perfect but definitely listenable
  7. T

Get the hose out

Hey all, merry xmas, rip george (what a shocking year for artist...they all must want it too end) Anyway back yo the reason for my post, I've got a box full of good titled albums they sound terrible, pops, crackles, skips... Too bad to listen to/ offload...i clean my records just with distilled...
  8. T

Mono pressing

Hi all and merry xmas, I'm sure this has geen discussed b4 but can help me understand what mono recording on a record is, I've heard its all vand instuments recorded at once, where in stereo they record all instuments separately then put them together for final piece, ? Am i in the right...
  9. T

Marantz pm 42 opinions please

Seen for $50....buy or deny?
  10. T

Marantz pm 42 opinions please

Hi can't find much on net re this amp. Any opinons would be appreciated ☺
  11. T

This what wrong with world 2day

Sorry bout the triple repeat photo...didn't realise i attached x3
  12. T

This what wrong with world 2day

I'm from sydney and stumbled upon this quiet park on the harbour....walking into this park this sign greeted me. I just though it was funny and good to share with u folk....we need more amplification not less ☺
  13. T

Kenwood kr a 4030 opinions please

Can i get some opinions on this amp please
  14. T

Where's.......Tom Petty

When cd's took over in 90's there was less vinyl production so bands like nirvana, pearl jam, radiohead etc are hard to find.....i guess types of records not given away...hence not seen at op shops
  15. T

Where's.......Tom Petty

I've been digging at a reasonable rpm last couple of years and one artist i have never come across and would like to add to my collection is tom. Which artist has been side stepping you?
  16. T

Back up label

Hey all, The other day cleaning a new record (elton's 2 low 4 zero) the label on side 1 just peeled off- to my surprise there was another (cleaner/brighter) label underneath....is that common...don't imagine people perl off labels for the fun of it
  17. T

Teac a 313 dc

Hi all, Just bought the above amplifier for $8 oz Been in the market for something and had not luck so just jumped on this as cheap....how they rate?. I mean can't go wrong with Japanese made eh????. Sold as is so may not even work Cheers
  18. T

Best pressings?

Hi all, wondering which are the top 5-10 pressings labels. I see blue note mentioned alot (never been lucky enough to find one). Id be interested in your responses
  19. T

which pressing

Ok so that means 1st pressing right?. So theres loads of 1st pressing.....most Countries have their own.right? Cheers
  20. T

which pressing

Sorry if this a rhetorical question, but can AK clear me up about how to tell which pressing i have. I use discogs but still dont quite get it. E.g. i have ziggy stardust, australia made by rca, LSP 4702, which is on discogs.....tells me made in 1972 ( which appears year of release ) so does...
  21. T

can't judge a book by its cover but......

I think u can tell so much from a cover/gatefold that if you find it interesting and it grabs u attention (the artist/band is unknown to u)it invariably is good.....u agree??? Here's example of one i found the other day
  22. T

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Great aussie album
  23. T

un-warping

Hey there AKers, Can i get some tips from u guys/girls on how to unwarp (if possible ) some of my records. I've heard of placung placing between two glass panels and putting out in sun?or there is a dewarping machine?. What has worked for u Cheers
  24. T

What turntable did you buy for $10 or under?

Denon dp1000 good working condition $25
  25. T

Sargent peeper laughing

Hi there got copy of sarg pep LP the other day which has been on my want list for a while, which by the way sounds awersome. At the end of side 2 when ladt song done and needle about to hit deadwax there is i think 2 people laughing for couple seconds. My is an aussie press, is this a standard...
Back
Top Bottom