Search results

1. rexrider

2M Blue On A Denon 47F

I had moved equipment around while I was playing with my new Grados. But now that I have settled down, I wanted to put everything back in its place. Since my 2M Blue was displaced by a Grado M+/8MZ combo on the 1210M5G, I decided to mount the 2M Blue on my 47F. The 47F has been using a Denon...
  2. rexrider

Grado 8MZ: Does A Higher Spec Body Make A Difference?

Why yes, yes it does. I seem to have fallen in this rabbit hole of Grado carts. I started with a Grado Black. Then upgraded the Black with an 8MZ stylus. My review of the Black/8MZ is posted here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=409307 At the end of my review of the Black/8MZ, I...
  3. rexrider

Grado Black With 8MZ Stylus

I had recently tried out a Grado Black which I talked about in this post here http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=405538 When I set out on this little endeavor to find out what Grados were like, I had to decide whether I would start at the bottom with a Black, or go for a Gold...
  4. rexrider

I Can't Believe I Found it! Microscope!

Well..sort of a microscope. Here I thought this was long gone. But it was found in a box that I have not looked in since moving to AZ. Which was 8 yrs ago. Many years ago when I was a just a kid, I ate a lot of Life cereal and surrendered some allowance money to order this. The box is...
  5. rexrider

My First Grado (Black1) and Review

Recently, I have been exploring different carts. I have been curious about the Grado Prestige series. But I was always hesitant due to mixed reviews out in the world of the internet. I posted a request for advice on what to purchase. Go cheap on a Black and see if I like it? Go all in for a...
  6. rexrider

Grado Carts - Questions and Advice?

I have been a big fan of the Denon DL-110 and 160 for several years. However, I have since been moving away from them and getting a taste of other carts. I recently mounted a Ortofon 2M Blue on my 1210M5G. I have been very happy with the Blue and have no desire to replace it. But I do have...
  7. rexrider

New Ortofon 2M Blue - Post Break In (or close to it)

I had recently purchased an Ortofon 2M Blue and posted a "first impression" review here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=394673 I had promised I would post a follow-up review after using the cart for at least 50 hrs (give or take a few hrs). Rather than have the update buried in...
  8. rexrider

New Ortofon 2M Blue, My First Impression Review

I have been on a search for a cart to ultimately replace my Denon DL-110s. Had Denon not discontinued the DL-160, I would have never looked any further and lived in blissful ignorance. But they did so I dropped down to the DL-110. Certainly not a bad place to be but always had sense of wanting...
  9. rexrider

What Can A Phono Preamp Do? Clearaudio Nano.

Apparently, a lot. Apparently, I did not know what I was missing. After playing around with some carts (Dl-110 and M97xE), I came to the conclusion I needed a "real" preamp and put it at the top of the "shopping list". I was looking at a Pro-ject Phono Box II mostly because of its price...
  10. rexrider

Shure M97xE vs. Denon DL-110. A Review and Ramblings (Long Read)

Shure M97xE vs. Denon DL-110. A Review and Ramblings (Updated) Update in post #12. All of my notes for the LPs I listened to have become null and void. My on board preamp was "mucking up" the Shure. So I picked up a new Shure M97xE. My previous experience with the M97xE has not been good...
  11. rexrider

I Miss My Denon DL-160

So I pulled out my old DL-160 that I had stashed away and forgotten about. It has very high mileage on it but I left it mounted on it's own head shell as a spare. I had replaced it with a DL-110. I did not have the money at the time to get the 160. Some time after that it was announced the 160...
  12. rexrider

Anyone want to see the inside of a DL-160?

I did.... My Denon DL-160 had a lot of mileage on it so I decided to go ahead and buy a replacement (thx to Yogi-Comp). So I was sitting here looking at the old one, wondering what goes on inside this little blue cube. See, I have had this "condition" since I was a little kid. I am compelled...
  13. rexrider

I Think I Just Wore Out My First Stylus

I think I wore out my Denon DL-160 So last Thursday I got my new Technics 1210M5G. I pulled the Headshell and cart right off the the old Technics 1310 and mounted it on the M5G I didn't really catch the problem at first since I was still tweaking the new TT. Got the tracking weight dialed...
  14. rexrider

New Technics SL-1210M5G

New Technics SL-1210M5G....Updated pg 2 I finally got my new SL-1210M5G. I have been wanting a 1200Mk2 for quite awhile now and finally pulled the trigger on a new TT. I was all set to buy a new 1200 but was not aware of the 1210M5g and its improvements over the 1200mk2 until reading about...
  15. rexrider

Follow-up On DL-160 And New DL-110

This is a two part review. The first part is a follow-up on a Denon DL-160 MC cart I purchased back in May. Rather than trying to dig up the old posting I decided to just start a new one. The Second part is about the DL-110 I just bought for my second turntable. I will get back to that in a...
  16. rexrider

Another Denon DL-160 Review

I just received my Denon DL-160 MC phono cart today. Just installed and I am listening to the first LP. The cart is installed on a Technics 1301 for now (office system) but the cart will later be installed on a Denon 47F that is part of my main system. Lets start with what I was using. I have...
  17. rexrider

Any Thoughts on a Sumiko Pearl Cart ?

I have a Denon 47f TT that currently has a AT 440MLa mounted on it. The problem is it is very bright. brighter then bright for that matter. I am well aware that the 440MLa is bright in general but it just seems to really light up on the Denon. To the point that I don't care to listen to it. I...
  18. rexrider

Life Expectancy of a TT Stylus?

This is a two part question. 1. What is the average life expectancy of a TT stylus. I have seen 500 hrs listed in Denon TT manuals. Is this about right? 2. Is there anyway to tell if a stylus is near the end of its life? Other then hearing distortion (which I would rather not get to). I...
Back
Top Bottom