Search results

1. ericc129

Cornscala build

i know what ya mean.....I'd say it's mostly birch plywood but, a bit lighter etc.....FWIW, before this build, I never had assembled or built a cabinet before, and was literally winging it, aside from online info, etc. It's the best way to go, for sure. I also tried to get baffles from Crites...
  2. ericc129

Cornscala build

find a cabinet shop locally, I'm not sure if Crites still makes or ships cabs for assembly due to too many or much damage from shupping companies, etc. I was able to find one locally a year ago; I was attempting to test all sorts of variations, in order to lower the price of entry for my...
  3. ericc129

Big Horn Recommendation (Like a K-402, but slightly smaller and cheaper)

this is the big biradial, sitting on top of one of my bass cabs before I stained them, etc. I was referring to, oddly enough found a pic with it on the floor as well next to the 18 x 10 ZXPC for depth reference. I'm actually still not finished completely with the speakers due to wprk overload...
  4. ericc129

Big Horn Recommendation (Like a K-402, but slightly smaller and cheaper)

SMaller? like as in the length? I have a pair of what I think are horns built by community light and sound....not sure it's size in relation to the 400, other than it's like 25.5 inches wide and like mouth it 10inches tall. It sounded awesome with the venerable 2 inch PRV horn in prior...
  5. ericc129

Ha I'm going through some old messages as this douche sent me a broken adcom off of...

Ha I'm going through some old messages as this douche sent me a broken adcom off of BT.......anyway, hope all is well. I've been back in shreveport since the pandemic hit over by drug emporium off of e. kings hwy in south broadmoor
  6. ericc129

Adcom 5300 Schematics

unfortunately, he won't "because he knows he packed it very well" and has shipped much equipment before, denying any responsibilty. I just stopped communicating with him after other members contacted me regarding him in particular about being a known liar, etc. But yeah, I agree with you no...
  7. ericc129

Adcom 5300 Schematics

wondering if one of ya'll might be able to help me out over here. I had an AK member mail me a 5300 wrapped in bubble wrap; so you can imagine what happened. Anyway, I have the later model with the independent T2 transformer added to supply power to both boards. Bang was so bad the toroidal...
  8. ericc129

Adcom 5300

I can get the board with the T2 transformer unscrewed/ off their chassis stand offs the board an screws/standoffs are bent to the right when looking at the amp from the front (same direction wherein the main tansformer butted up against it in transit). As far as specs go......if I'm going to...
  9. ericc129

Adcom 5300

Outta curiosity, how was the recapping of your unit? EVerything pretty much easy, or I mean just in terms of access and replacing parts spec for spec? Or are there some things that I should know about......or perhaps need to upgrade specifically? I have the feeling I'm going to have to replace...
  10. ericc129

Adcom 5300

supposedly, it doesn't shorten the lifespan.......as long as the heatsinks stabilize at 50 degrees Celsius. Or "if one doesn't have a way to read the temp, its threshold would be when one can place their hand on the heatsinks for at least 10 seconds". yeah, I know.......I'm probably more...
  11. ericc129

Adcom 5300

Thanks, as I may have experience working and building amps, a lot of it was basically paint by number after getting soldering experience. But I typically have stayed away from power supply work, sans maybe using a SMPS etc,. Granted this is more of a voltage selecting/power standby situation...
  12. ericc129

Adcom 5300

in case link does't work : weideer Input AC 110V 50/60HZ Output AC 12V 10VA Power Transformer AC/AC Single Phase Transformer for Lighting Power Supplies, Audio Equipment etc. Various Small Power Supplies K-001 outta curiosity, for those who have original adcoms, did they use keratherm back...
  13. ericc129

Adcom 5300

SO would something like this be the answer? I wanna say the adcom had jumpers so it could be wired for 110 or 220 volts ac......and then from this stanby thermal protection it sends 12 volts ac into each board/channel . ...
  14. ericc129

Adcom 5300

I'll have to look into the 12volt transformer that was mentioned. I repair equipment sometimes but usually spend it building speakers. But I'm at the finish line in that area and now am just trying to figure out which way I wanna go. I've got ACAs and SET Tube AMps for 2 channel. But with a...
  15. ericc129

Adcom 5300

FWIW I picked up an AMC 2100 amp for 20 bucks.....good lord. Talk about value, even for normal prices but are getting harder to find. I had one in mint condition that I passed on as well for this adcom....But yeah big toriodal supply and basic roomy setup like Pass amps.....Smooth and clean...
  16. ericc129

Adcom 5300

yeah, I somehow missed the scratches. I just looked at the money shot of the innerds.....only because I've had stupid mishaps with my gear and scratched the hell outta one unit by accident. But yeah, I've been looking for various similar type purchases.....and already have a GFA 535....that I...
  17. ericc129

Adcom 5300

Yeah, you'd think I'd know the rules by now; but didn't want to shame him at least while there's a chance he will do the right thing. But hell, I'd love for any and everyone to tell redstarjedi that shipping an adcom power amp in a loose box of styro peanuts is not packed well. Yeah he wrapped...
  18. ericc129

Adcom 5300

He won't file a claim because "he knows he packed it very very well" and therefor my responsibility; and mentioned that besides, the USPS is notorious for denying claims. It was insured but he doesn't know the amount but said it was probably a little more than I paid for it. But, he's the one...
  19. ericc129

Adcom 5300

there's so many of these amps I figured I'd find a parted out board somewhere, but nope......plenty of entire left or right outputs with heatsinks though.
  20. ericc129

Adcom 5300

Sunfire Junior Transformer (substitute) click image to zoom Part #: 44005802 Category: TRANSFORMER Available: in stock Location:H Description: Sunfire Junior transformer 120V. Substitute. Pins will not fit in the board, requires hardwiring.
  21. ericc129

Adcom 5300

yep, Pio 1980 that seems to be the case. I've looked through adcom parts catalogue and theres a sunfire transformer replacement. But it says the pins won't match so it wold have to be hardwired. But yeah I'm sure it vibrated the whole way here along with the drop. The box is over twice the...
  22. ericc129

Adcom 5300

Here ya go.....it's strange some amps don't even have said board. But that's the lil transformer /autoformer etc. I set it on the heatsink....the missing soldered legs are rattling around in the case as well. I've never had a single item packed and delivered in such a way from AK. There was a...
  23. ericc129

Adcom 5300

ill take pics soon as I can
  24. ericc129

Adcom 5300

yeah, it's not the HUGE toroidal transformer.....well that did slide a bit to the right; but the lil small elcor transformer on a small board on the front right.....in the front, but on the opposite side of the power switch. it had like 8-10 windings soldered into the PCB.....and yeah, it 100%...
  25. ericc129

Adcom 5300

So, I'm really hoping somone on here can help me out in trying to fix this heavy paper weight that someone sent me on barter town. Even after paying 80 bucks for shipping and it was sent cross country in a big box 1/4 full of styrofoam peanuts (and wrapped once in bubble wrap)...
Back
Top Bottom