Search results

1. edwin

6sn7 and 6sl7 installation

Upon closer inspection of the plastic center , i noticed the pin you are referring to. Thank you all for your help.
  2. edwin

Yes it does. Just wanted to try the RCA 6sn7 and 6sl7 smoked glass tubes. Just wanted to be sure before i install the tubes.
  3. edwin

I am using an Allnic T-1500 II SET
  4. edwin

My amp uses both tubes. Unlike a 12ax7 where the pins enter the socket in a certain way, the 6sn7 looks like it will enter the socket in any order due to the pin configuration. Just wanted to be sure that this tube was designed to fit the socket in any order.
  5. edwin

Planning to tube roll these tubes on my amp. Noticed though that the pins are all the same, does this mean that I can just plug into the socket in no special order? Thank you.
  6. edwin

6RP15 tube

What i have is a Toshiba 6RP15. Found this data on the net but can’t figure out what the data means or if the el84 and 6RP15 are compatible. Somebody knowledgeable might be able to make use of this. https://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~up2j-knst/tube/tb-power1.htm
  7. edwin

6RP15 tube

Is the 6RP15 tube the same as an EL84? Thank you for any help.
  8. edwin

Passive radiator cover

Is it a bad idea to put wire a wire mesh woofer cover for the radiatore? I just want to protect the radiator from the prying fingers of my grandchildren. Thanks
  9. edwin

Forte iii or forte iv

Finally decided and purchased the forte iv. Can’t wait to finally have a new speaker after living with my Yamaha 690III for the past 40 years. . Thank you all for your help.
  10. edwin

Forte iii or forte iv

For a price difference of $1500 should i get the forte iii instead of a forte iv? Is the forte iv really a big improvement over the iii? Thank you for any advise.
  11. edwin

Heresy iv or forte iv

Thank you all for your comments. I could not audition these speakers as there are no dealers in my city. I had to rely on your comments to help me make my decision. I only heard how they sound theough you tube. Based on your comments, i will definitely be gwtting the fortes. Thank you all.
  12. edwin

Heresy iv or forte iv

Thank you. Good to know 8-12 in. Is fine. Will pull the trigger.
  13. edwin

Heresy iv or forte iv

I am planning to purchase either a heresy iv or forte iv. I will be using either my Leben cs300 tube or my Yamaha M85/C85 Amps. Due to space constraints i can only place speakers at a maximum of 25 in from wall to front of speakers and about 6.5 feet distance between the outer edges of bith...
  14. edwin

Forte IV

You are right, no dealers in my area. In general, do horns sound shrill? Am not really into a rock thpe of music or rather light jazz / vicals/ pop type music. Looking for that relaxing type of sound.
  15. edwin

Forte IV

Has anyone done a comparison of the forte Iv or any other fortes with a yamaha speaker? Am thinking of getting a forte iv but would like to get feedbacks before i take the plunge. Planning to pair this with my Leben tube amp. Thank you.
  16. edwin

C-85 stupidity

For the benefit of those of us who has a multi volt unit, i suggest you use the lock locate below the voltage selector. I would not have had this problem had i checked / known earlier .
  17. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Sorry just read your latest post. Will try the rewind route first thanks
  18. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Where can i get this transformer? Thanks
  19. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Will rewinding transformer result to a decrease in audio quality? Thank you ans stay safe
  20. edwin

C-85 stupidity

By the way, my c85 is the international version with the 110-220v toggle switch at the back. I must have moved the toggle while dusting my preamp.
  21. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Reason to believe transformer was fried. Opened the cover and saw black soot. If fried, can transformer be repaired? Thanks
  22. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Mistakenly set power supply to 110volts instead of 220v. Preamp stopped working and burning smell. I guess i just fried the power supply. Can this be fixed? Thank you for any help.
  23. edwin

5751 Tube identification

I took a look at my old tubes and commpletely forgot that i had a pair of tung aols. True enough the tung sol 5751 is similar to this unidentified tube. I now remember that i tried this on my amp and Was not satisfied with sound . It was musical but it lacked bass and detail. Got these NOS . I...
  24. edwin

5751 Tube identification

If indeed mislabeled, is it safe to use on my amp which uses 5751/12ax7 ? Thanks a lot for the inputs
  25. edwin

5751 Tube identification

Can you help me identify these 5751 tubes? Thank you.
Back
Top Bottom