Search results

1. edwin

6sn7 and 6sl7 installation

Planning to tube roll these tubes on my amp. Noticed though that the pins are all the same, does this mean that I can just plug into the socket in no special order? Thank you.
  2. edwin

6RP15 tube

Is the 6RP15 tube the same as an EL84? Thank you for any help.
  3. edwin

Passive radiator cover

Is it a bad idea to put wire a wire mesh woofer cover for the radiatore? I just want to protect the radiator from the prying fingers of my grandchildren. Thanks
  4. edwin

Forte iii or forte iv

For a price difference of $1500 should i get the forte iii instead of a forte iv? Is the forte iv really a big improvement over the iii? Thank you for any advise.
  5. edwin

Heresy iv or forte iv

I am planning to purchase either a heresy iv or forte iv. I will be using either my Leben cs300 tube or my Yamaha M85/C85 Amps. Due to space constraints i can only place speakers at a maximum of 25 in from wall to front of speakers and about 6.5 feet distance between the outer edges of bith...
  6. edwin

Forte IV

Has anyone done a comparison of the forte Iv or any other fortes with a yamaha speaker? Am thinking of getting a forte iv but would like to get feedbacks before i take the plunge. Planning to pair this with my Leben tube amp. Thank you.
  7. edwin

C-85 stupidity

Mistakenly set power supply to 110volts instead of 220v. Preamp stopped working and burning smell. I guess i just fried the power supply. Can this be fixed? Thank you for any help.
  8. edwin

5751 Tube identification

Can you help me identify these 5751 tubes? Thank you.
  9. edwin

8bq5 in lieu 6bq5

Hi, Can I use 8bq5 tubes as a substitute for 6bq5? If yes, any sonic difference? Thank you
  10. edwin

Funke tube rating

Planning to get tubes, question in a funke tester which is better a tube with rating of 3.1 or 3.5 ? Thank you
  11. edwin

5751 for 12ax7

Is it safe to use 5751 for 12ax7? Thank you
  12. edwin

Fisher x-100a question

Can I substitute EL84's in lieu of the 7189? The service manual states 340V as the voltage of the 7189. Thank you
  13. edwin

Denon dp-3000 with Fidelity research FR-54 arm

Does anybody have a pdf manual of the denon dp- 3000 and a manual/mounting template for an FR-54 arm? Having a problem logging in to my vinylengine account. Thank you
  14. edwin

Intermittent sound

Can bad tubes cause intermittent sound? Somthing like music stops a few seconds then continues. Thank you
  15. edwin

baldwin 12ax7

Does anyone have the baldwin orange/red lettering? Any idea who made these? Any good? Thank you.
  16. edwin

Jan philips or GE jan 5751

Has anyone had any experience with the tubes? Which is the better one? Thank you
  17. edwin

Yamaha c85 or mm85 problem

noticed a volume drop in my system. Used to listen around the 3 o clock volume dial and now have to crank it up to the 6 o clock position to get decent volumes . Sound also seems to be a bit muffled and not as detailed as before. Any idea on what should be checked? Thank you
  18. edwin

Speaker Crossover Capacitor value

Can I replace a 3.5uF value with 3.6uF? Thank you.
  19. edwin

a-2000a recap

Has anyone done a recap of an A-2000a? If yes, what are the caps needed. Thank you.
  20. edwin

M-85/C-85 output

Would it be better to limit maximum output of amp or control volume through the preamp to protect speakers from overload? Thanks
  21. edwin

m85/c85 or tube amp

has anyone done a comparison of an m85/c85 or any M series amps with a tube amp? Have no idea how a tube amp sounds and was wondering if going tubes would be a marked improvement. Thanks
  22. edwin

recapped ns690 III

Finally pushed through with the recap of my 690III . I thought there was nothing wrong with the crossovers but just decided to recap due to its age. Good thing though cause when we opened her up some capacitors were leaking with some sort of wax like material and some were bulging. I used all...
  23. edwin

Dynamat

Planning to cover the inside of speaker with dynamat and remove the fiber fill. Good or bad idea? Thanks.
  24. edwin

690III limit

The maximum power for these speakers is 80 watts. Presently am running my M-85 volume at the halfway mark, am i driving the speakers at more than the capacity since the amp is rated at 240 watts. Thank you.
  25. edwin

speaker capacitor question

Planning to do a recap on my 690's . While searching , I saw a 1.5uf 1000vdc mundorf m-cap for $103.54, 1.5uf M-cap supreme silver/oil 1000vdc for $57.00 and a 1.5uf 600vdc m-cap for $17.00. Will the $17 cap work or should I get the more expensive ones. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom