Search results

1. SteveMoose76

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Also got these Infinity Reference 2000.5 towers for $10. Not a bad day for garage sales!
  2. SteveMoose76

Picked up this beautiful Pioneer SX-737 for the tidy sum of $40.
  3. SteveMoose76

Those two buttons next to the tuning knob were clues that led me to believe it was an SX series model, but I'm not as familiar with these as I am with the later ones like the SX-780 and so forth. A buddy of mine swears by them and I need another receiver like I need a hole in the head, but I'm...
  4. SteveMoose76

Identity Crisis

Can someone with a good eye identify this receiver? It's at a garage sale 2 minutes from my house. Going first thing tomorrow morning to check it out. Not the best pic, but my gut says Pioneer SX series receiver.
  5. SteveMoose76

Going to a garage sale tomorrow morning about 2 minutes from my house. This is sitting there waiting for me. Texted the poster of the CL ad and says it's still available. Can't tell what it is from the picture, but my gut says early Pioneer. And probably at a great price. Any super sleuths help...
  6. SteveMoose76

Please show your pics of tube amps

Here is a little homemade job by a local guy. Got this in trade for a pair of older Fisher speakers. Tubes are 11bm8's in a push-pull configuration. Just a no-frills basic tube amp. Volume knob up front, a set of RCA's and speaker terminals in the back. Power is between 8-10 WPC. A nice little...
  7. SteveMoose76

Used $100 bookshelf speakers that can do good work with about 12wpc - please name some names.

I am a recent convert to PSB. It was love at first sound when I first heard them. I have the Stratus Mini's. They sound like a floor stander.
  8. SteveMoose76

My latest iteration

I never thought I'd love monitors, being a strong user of floor standers. These changed my mind immediately. Great bass for such little speakers. Very lively sound
  9. SteveMoose76

My latest iteration

Running a JVC JA-S77 integrated amp with a pair of PSB Stratus Mini monitors. Stands will be replaced soon with heavier ones source material is a Sony PS-X55, Teac CD player, and an Apple Airport Express base station for digital files. Will be swapping out the turntable soon for a U-turn Orbit...
  10. SteveMoose76

So I'm giving monitors a try!

Except for my smelly ass socks in the middle lol.
  11. SteveMoose76

A pic from last nights listening session with my JVC amp. These things love power
  12. SteveMoose76

Went with a friends suggestion and ended up falling in love with a pair of PSB Stratus Mini's. The sound that comes out of these smaller speakers is nothing less than amazing!
  13. SteveMoose76

Cleveland ohio

I'm in Cleveland and would love to get the group active and going again.
  14. SteveMoose76

Greetings: from Cleveland, Ohio

New guy here as well from Middleburg Heights!
  15. SteveMoose76

New guy from Cleveland

thanks, mate!
  16. SteveMoose76

New guy from Cleveland

Hey, folks! Got into vintage audio at the beginning of the year and it has been one hell of a journey so far. I started with an interest in expanding my listening options, so I turned to vinyl. This decision prompted me to listen to this media on the gear it was listened to when coming out, so...
Back
Top Bottom