Search results

1. T

P/N 56665-7 Organ tube AMP

Thanks the Worthpoint page turned me on to shorting the model number. I got some hits off 56665. Still no schematic, but I know which wire off the POT is 16 ohms and which is 8. I also know a 9mh choke should work for the filter choke.
  2. T

I made a small blunder. One of the preamp tubes is actually a 12AU7. Any chance you know of a CONN amp and schematic with this compliment??
  3. T

Tom I made a small blunder. One of the preamp tubes is actually a 12AU7. Any chance you know of a CONN amp and schematic with this compliment??
  4. T

Unfortunately I do not know what organ it came out of.
  5. T

I do not know which organ it came out of. I bought it as you see it at a antique radio auction.
  6. T

I bought a organ Tube amp at an auction with the hopes of turning it into a guitar amp. After a days search I have not been able to find a schematic. The amp has a 12AT7 a12AU7, a pair of 6L6Gs a 0A3 and a 5U4G. The OPT is a K-58054. Photos are attached. Any Help would be appreciated. I am...
  7. T

1963 General Electric RC7531 TU367 + T15

Larry Thank you very much for the information. I assumed the chassis numbers as I have not taken it apart yet. It was the only GE RC7531 I could find on Radio museum. The unite was purchased and registered by my in-laws in 1963 and has GE RC7531A on the back of it. I guess I will have...
  8. T

1963 General Electric RC7531 TU367 + T15

I just got a console stereo receiver that was built in 1963 with a GE RC7531 TU367 + T15. Its all transistors. It has not been used in 10 years or more. I am wondering If I should preform a warm up like I would on a tube amp with a autotransformer starting at 40 VAC and increasing the voltage...
  9. T

THE end-all FIX for the Heathkit AA-100 integrated amp.

A thousand thanks To Gordon W. With the post and the revised schematic I was able to rebuild one of these. It now plays warm sweet tubular goodness!!! When I was rebuilding it I found a series of breaks in the Power amp board. I fixed them as I was going along. I did the recommended full...
  10. T

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

Glen Burnie, MD I have a Heath kit TC-2, tested and working.
  11. T

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

This thread is very informative. In regard to vintage equipment I contacted Craig. Below is there recommendation on treating contacts, switches, connectors and pots in old equipment from the 30's to the 60'. Craig's response is immediately below and my request form below Craig's response...
  12. T

Power off testing of OPT's

Thanks. I was more concerned about getting continuity between the input and output sides of the OPTS. Once I realized they are connected in the schematic I unsoldered one side and tested again and I'm not getting continuity, so I don't think they are fried. Rooky mistake.
  13. T

Heathket AA-100 with Broken selector switch sections

If you have a AA-100 or an AA-50 I might be interested in it to rebuild. What kind of shape is it in?
  14. T

My plan is to etch my own boards. I have printouts that need to be enlarged slightly of the selector switch PCB's. I scored a small lot of random heathkit selector switches that I can cannibalize the wipers from. Now I need to find a way to attach them to the switch section PCB's once I make...
  15. T

I have a Heathket AA-100 with 2 broken selector switch sections. I don't have the missing parts. I have the PCB drawing from the original manual that I can scale up for a PCB mask to do an etch. What I don't have are the "wipers" or contacts that go on the section PCB's and rivets to attach...
  16. T

What's a dim bulb tester?
  17. T

Top cover for a Heath kit AA-100

I am looking for a top cover for a Heath kit AA-100 AMP. I'm not concerned too much with the condition as long as the metal is intact and its not too bent up. I figure it will need a paint job as most of these red plated cooking the paint before they were taken out of service.
  18. T

[/ATTACH] Thanks for all the comments. I finally cowboyed up and unsoldered one side of the OPTS from the PCB so I could test. I'm getting Open between the input side and output side of the OPT's so they are not shorted. I wanted to do a test before investing time and money into re-caping...
  19. T

Chris, How do you join and post to market place?

Chris, How do you join and post to market place?
  20. T

Im a beginner and was only looking at the ohm meter instead of cross referencing the schematic to get a reason for the ohm meter readings.
  21. T

Century Tek I get what you are saying, the given you are assuming is the OPT is disconnected from the AMP. In my case it is not, and according to the schematic there is a path to ground from both the input and output side of the OPT via a cap and resister at a couple different points.
  22. T

Dave Thank you. I took a harder look at the schematic looking for a path between input and output side of the OPT's. They tie together at a couple of points to ground thru some resisters and caps. Since both sides of the OPT tie to ground that probably explains the high impedance to ground as...
  23. T

Is there a way to test the OPT’s on a heathkit AA-100 without powering it on? The code on the top of the transformers is 51-58 1386113. I am concerned because I get around 1 MEG ohm between the legs of the output side of the transformer and the legs input side. I am getting similar readings...
  24. T

I'm trying to find a top cover for the heathkit AA-100,I am also looking for what they refer to as wipers and rivets for the rotary mode selector switch sections. I need to remake 2 of these sections.
  25. T

Gordon W, thank you very much for the larger schematic.
Back
Top Bottom