Search results

1. etsuHoopsFan

Schiit Modius popping sound

I have a Bluesound Node 2i that I have connected to the Modius via coax out, then from the Modius to a Peachtree 220 amp via XLR. So I am using my 2i as preamp (variable out). I don't have a preamp in the system. I have just introduced the Modius into the system. Prior I had the 2i connected...
  2. etsuHoopsFan

California Audio Labs Icon MKII - Output Issues

Recently picked up locally a CAL CD player for next to nothing, near mint cosmetically. Seller said that it only worked as a transport using the coax output and that the analog RCA out did not work. Sure enough nothing from the RCAs. Hooked up via coax to my Rotel A12 and it worked and...
  3. etsuHoopsFan

Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30

Anyone currently have one of these units or have experience with one? I know they are old, but I am just looking for something that I can plug a thumb drive in with my CD collection in WAV format, then output it digitally to my Peachtree integrated. Will the NP30 also stream Spotify Connect and...
  4. etsuHoopsFan

HDCD and K2HD questions

I just picked up a NAD C542 and it is able to play HDCDs. Currently it is hooked up to my Peachtree Audio Decco2 integrated amp via optical output to the Decco2's DAC. It's my understanding that in order to get the benefit of HDCD (from an HDCD disc of course), I would need to connect the C542...
  5. etsuHoopsFan

Power cable - change IEC to C7

This is probably an easy question for most of you, but I'm a novice. Had a power cable laying around with the ICE connector. My sub has a C7 plug. I want to replace the IEC with a C7 connector that I have purchased but don't know where the wires go. The IEC currently has three wires...
  6. etsuHoopsFan

Subwoofer suggestions for a music only system

I am looking for a powered subwoofer for a 2 channel music only system in my home office. Looking for something with tight bass, not booming. Don't listen at high levels so does not need to shake the walls. In fact something that still puts out bass at lower volumes would be perfect. It will...
  7. etsuHoopsFan

My modest home office setup

Peachtree Audio Decco 2 Cambridge Audio S20 Bookshelf Speakers Polk PSW111 Subwoofer Belkin Bluetooth Receiver IMG_0173 by etsuHoopsFan posted Dec 10, 2020 at 5:08 PM
  8. etsuHoopsFan

What is the longest USB cable length I can use from my computer to a DAC?

What is the maximum USB cable length I can use to get from my computer to my integrated amp/DAC that is across the room?
  9. etsuHoopsFan

Apple TV as an AirPlay player

Can an Apple TV unit be used to stream just music via Airplay from my iPad to my Peachtree integrated using the ATV's optical out so I can utilize the Peachtree DAC? This would be for a 2.1 music system only, so I don't care about video functions/streaming.
  10. etsuHoopsFan

Older Denon receiver having issues with left and right channel output?

I have had a old Denon DRA425R stereo receiver for a while and it has now started to give me some problems with the sound. Ever so often either the left, right or both will go real faint with almost a hollow sound. This happens no matter what input is selected/playing. I checked the speaker...
  11. etsuHoopsFan

CD Ripping and converting software question

I had over 100 CDs that were ripped to WAV format a while pack. I would now like to convert copies of them to MP3 (so I can play them in my older Infiniti's factory system) and also be able to cut the file size down. I would also like to use it for future CD ripping to other formats if...
  12. etsuHoopsFan

Garrard RC88/4

Just acquired this from my father who was the original owner. It has been in storage for a long time. I cleaned it up and it looks nice. From limited research this was a mono table, but looking at the cartridge and wiring looks like it is stereo? It does turn on and spin, the speeds seem to...
  13. etsuHoopsFan

General DAC and Spotify question

I currently have a Marantz MCR611 w/Polk Signature S20s as my home office system. It sounds nice and does what I need it to do. I mainly listen to my CD collection that was converted to digital files played through a thumb drive on the Marantz. I personally can't tell the difference from a CD...
  14. etsuHoopsFan

Show us your mini/all-in-one systems

My current home office setup. Marantz M-CR611 Network Receiver CD/Media Player Polk Signature Series S20 Bookshelf Speakers Polk PSW111 Subwoofer IMG_0455 by etsuHoopsFan posted Mar 8, 2020 at 1:42 PM IMG_0454 by etsuHoopsFan posted Mar 8, 2020 at 1:42 PM IMG_0453 by etsuHoopsFan posted Mar...
  15. etsuHoopsFan

My current old and new school system

NAD 7100 Receiver NAD C358 CD Player Nakamichi BX100 Tape Deck Logitech Bluetooth Receiver Polk Audio Signature Series S20 Bookshelf Speakers
  16. etsuHoopsFan

NAD Rack Handles

I am putting together a NAD Monitor Series system consisting of a 5000 CD player and 7000 receiver and these handles are hard to find. Does anyone know what (if any) model numbers for the rack handles that were associated with this two components? Or will the rack handles for the 4300 tuner...
  17. etsuHoopsFan

Equipment you still wish you owned

If many on here are like me, I have bought, sold, traded or just thrown away broken stereo gear. Over the last 30+ years there are a few pieces that I owned, and for the life of me don't know why I ever let them go. Was curious what others have had that they wish they would have kept. For me...
  18. etsuHoopsFan

Bridging a NAD 2150 Amplifier

2150 Bridged by etsuHoopsFan posted Aug 24, 2019 at 10:00 AMIt’s been awhile since I bridged an amp and wanted to throw this out to see if I have it correct. I have a NAD 2150 amplifier I want to bridge to mono (to be teamed with another bridged 2150 soon). Don’t have a manual for the 2150 but...
  19. etsuHoopsFan

My new home office setup

My updated office setup includes (from top to bottom) U Turn Orbit Turntable w/Ortofon OM5E cartridge Logitech Bluetooth Receiver NAD 3020B Integrated NAD 4300 Tuner NAD 5000 CD Player Polk Signature Series S20 Speakers Audioquest speaker cables and interconnects All housed in an old...
  20. etsuHoopsFan

Assignable Bluetooth Adapters???

I have been asked by my daughter's dance studio owner to put together new stereo systems for their two dance studio rooms. Of course they don't have much to spend, so I am just going to set up two identical budget 2.1 systems (receiver, L and R speakers and a powered subwoofer) in each of the...
  21. etsuHoopsFan

iPhone 6s Plus to an external USB DAC

I have a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 and currently have my PC connected to the DAC's USB input and then to my computer by a long USB cable. Works and sounds great, but I am thinking of taking my PC out of my system. Is it possible to substitute my iPhone for the PC using the same USB cable to...
  22. etsuHoopsFan

Processor Loop IN/OUT vs Pre IN/OUT

I came across an older Denon receiver that has "processor loop" in and out jacks on the back. They have the jumper pins in them at the moment. Is this the same thing as pre out and in? Would I be able to hook up an external amplifier using these inputs?
  23. etsuHoopsFan

Keeping it simple

My simple home office setup. Magnum Dynalab FT-11 Tuner Cambridge Audio AM-10 Integrated Cambridge Audio 540D DVD/CD Player Polk TSi100 Speakers Polk PSW202 Subwoofer
  24. etsuHoopsFan

CD players with variable output

I have an older, non remote controlled Cambridge Audio integrated amp that I like fine, and don't want to replace. I also have an older Sony CD player that is remote controlled but has fixed outputs. Since this system is in my home office, and only used to listen to my CD collection, I really...
  25. etsuHoopsFan

My updated home office system

Cambridge Audio A1 integrated amplifier (assuming it's the 1st version, sounds nice) Creek 3040 Tuner (amazing sound from a tuner) Sony CDP-491 (vintage budget CD player that sounds very good) Polk Tsi100 bookshelf speakers (like them but probably be the next upgrade) FX Audio bluetooth receiver...
Back
Top Bottom