Search results

1. dzkfraser

Technics crossover re-cap suggestion

yup
  2. dzkfraser

After recapping my 5000s - I found the tweeters to be very bright - not sure how they will sound on the 6000s - that's a different tweeter
  3. dzkfraser

The trick will be finding non-polar radial caps - I recapped with axials, bending one of the leads down the side of the cap to make a radial configuration - still took a bit of shoehorning to get them in
  4. dzkfraser

If those are anything like my 5000As - there isn't a lot of space on the crossover board, If you go the film route I expect you will need to do a new board and relocate it somewhere in the cabinets
  5. dzkfraser

Wet Boxes

Yeah, you do need some space when working on speaker cabs, also makes a bit of a mess, definitely not something you would work on in an apartment
  6. dzkfraser

Wet Boxes

Glue and clamps won't work, You may be able to close the gap a tiny bit but not all the way - the plywood or particle board(can't tell from pics) will certainly have some warpage and you need a the surfaces in the joint to be flat and parallel to get them back together - Bondo works great as a...
  7. dzkfraser

●● A-Z The Star Trek ecosphere game

Farpoint
  8. dzkfraser

Help Replacing Speaker Jacks on a Denon DRA-700!

I had to replace one like that - the problem is finding replacement termminals with the same pin spacing. I had to solder extensions on the pins and bend them to line up with the holes in the PCB - bit of a pain but it worked
  9. dzkfraser

Constellation
  10. dzkfraser

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

yeah, I don't get it
  11. dzkfraser

Design Acoustic ps-10 Question

got them on ebay - they are 25.5mm - I got 4 for about 12 or 13 bucks, they came from China - little miffed because the pics showed the wires side by side(to match with the connectors on the mounting plate) what I got was wires on opposite side of each other so I'll have to reroute them as...
  12. dzkfraser

Design Acoustic ps-10 Question

I have a set of the 10a's I just refurbed - they have the lpad not the switch, the tweets on mine were both dead so I got some replacements off ebay. They sound fine to me- could be your switch or some bad caps. I ordered some new domes/colils for the dead tweets and will attempt my first...
  13. dzkfraser

How to remove Vinyl from speaker cabinets?

I've removed vinyl many times using a heat gun - sometimes the vinyl is really stuck on and can be difficult to remove, but it does come off- you may have to heat the vinyl up to where it will burn you if you touch it. Don't use Acetone on vinyl, it will melt it and make a bloody mess(don't ask...
  14. dzkfraser

Monster TEAC A-601R Cassette Deck help!

Definitely no rush, got this from an Auction, is in excellent condition except for the belt. Gonna replace my current deck - Technics RS-M11 - with this. I was surprised how much this thing weighs - don't build 'em like that anymore
  15. dzkfraser

Nausicaan
  16. dzkfraser

No problem - I don't remember much after a day or two so I didn't expect you to remember everything you did. I have the manual, just got to put aside an afternonn when my blood pressure is low so i can tackle this thing. Lotsa people say to have fun with it, don't listen to them, they're crazy...
  17. dzkfraser

Lursa
  18. dzkfraser

I just got one of these, have to replace main belt - read through this post several times and was comparing your pics to my unit - did not realize there is a an idler that is hard to get to, which flywheel is that under?. Also, any tips on disassembly or gotchas that you ran into - looks like...
  19. dzkfraser

What tv show are you currently binging?

***SPOILER WARNING** Yeah, they took a few liberties that sort of stretch believability - i.e - like it's no big thing to pop out someone's brain and the whole nukes in space and that space sail thing, like we'll just get nukes from everyone and we'll put them out in space from the moonbase we...
  20. dzkfraser

Best glue for grill cloth?

this
  21. dzkfraser

Aleene's tacky glue disappointment.

This stuuf - use it for refoams and grill gloth - acetone based - dries fast and holds great
  22. dzkfraser

Design Acoustics PS-10 and PS-10A restoration

Working on some 10As right now - got them from an auction - were pretty neglected. So far have refoamed the woofers( getting those trim rings off was a bitch and a half). Currently redoping the tweeters - the old coating was cracked and flaking. Have to make a new grill as one was missing. Other...
  23. dzkfraser

JBL L166 Grill Glue?

In the vid - Bondo does not pour out of the can - you have to stir the filler before mixing with the hardner
Back
Top Bottom