Search results

1. S

Radio Shack Lab 430

Picked up from SA on a whim. Had been $20.00, but didn't move so marked down to $10.00, couldn't resist. No cartridge, but stuck an AT SLT96E from my box of cartridges on it. This thing is really quite a good entry level TT (maybe a bit above entry level).
  2. S

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I stole it. Hey I'm a good customer. That was about 5 years ago and I think they have become more valuable since then.
  3. S

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

When I picked it up at Goodwil ($25.00) I had no idea that the case wasn,t original but since then have seen pics of original cases. Someone had a custom case built, which looks like teak or walnut veneer. What's amazing is that it survived a trip through goodwill in basically perfect shape.
  4. S

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My Beloved STR-6200F Goodwill find.
  5. S

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My beloved 6200F
  6. S

Fisher Studio Standard CA-880 (Don't Snicker)

Picked up at GW $30.00, a little high but I'm a sucker for meters. Very good condition, just dusted and Dox'd, sitting on my work bench and listening through a pair of Nova 6's, not bad. Very heavy and well built. From around 1981-82 and probably made by Sanyo in Japan. 80-100 watts.
  7. S

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Another Small Kenwood (Very Nice) Picked up a Kenwood 3090 receiver, 26 watts, from GW, $20.00. I recently got a 3600, another small but very capable receiver. These are suprisingly powerful and have great tuners.
  8. S

Do I have Pimple problems?

I'd definately check out the steuerpimpel. I have a 521, which I like a lot and had somewhat the same problems you're having. I fabricated a replacement out of a hard rubber gromet or something I had around, problem cured and has worked well for quite a while.
  9. S

I'm constantly amazed at how under rated the SL-d2's are. Put in the rotation regularly with a Grado Green. _________________ TD124, TD150, AR XA (Modified), Marantz 6300, Dual 521
  10. S

Sony STR-VX6, perhaps not the best but interesting. From GW $20. Perfect shape and quite a good FM and phono section. Engraved lettering. It has a setting for MM or MC cartridge. Pulse power supply, I'm still looking for info on the advantages if any of this feature. 70 watts/channel. Freon...
  11. S

Concept 6.5, been wanting one of these . . .

Very healthy.
  12. S

Concept 6.5, been wanting one of these . . .

Bought this from a fellow collector in my area. This was originally picked up at yard sale, the original owner. Absolutely mint condition.
  13. S

Is a STR-6065 gonna be mine?

Undoubtedly a hidden jewel I have had a STR-6200F for several years, my daily driver. These Sony's from that era are an overlooked masterpiece.
  14. S

Dual 521, needed a new Steurpimpel

They were missing when I got it, but fortunately or better miraculously no damage.
  15. S

Dual 521, needed a new Steurpimpel

I picked this up a while back at GW for around $10.00. Very nice condition, including a good dust cover. The automatic functions didn't function and finally got around to researching what the problem might be and found it was probably the infamous STEURPIMPLE. I fabricated a replacement out of a...
  16. S

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Str-6200f This has been my every day receiver for a couple years, picked up at GW for $20.00. Incredibly good FM tuner, believe it's 5 gang. The thing is 40 years old and still works perfectly, all lights work, mint condition and built like a tank.
  17. S

Not very vintage and sure don't need it, but . . . Pioneer VSX-D503S (missing the Pioneer badge) for $6.00 at GW I couldn't pass it up. Quite heavy and pretty good shape. Sounds darned good for a surround sound receiver and made in Japan, 1994.
  18. S

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Ka-8006 Built like a tank!
  19. S

Vinyl to MP3/CD format...some ??'s

Half the fun is ripping your records. I have a modified AR XA into my computer through a Kenwood receiver and saved as a wave file with Gold Disk. You can then clean up a lot of the pops and clicks and even equalize and then convert to MP3 or a number of other formatts. I've probably done a...
  20. S

Also picked up a pair of Nova 6's a few days ago, very good shape considering age. I just finished cleaning up and listening to them now. Really quite good considering that they are by no means TOTL.
  21. S

Cheap Digital Scale

Got this at Harbor Freight for $11.95 (yes I know it's made in China, but what isn't). Seems well made and accurate, although I have nothing to calibrate it with.
  22. S

Rotel RX-800

Just used it to power a pair of Yamaha NS 5's, large book shelf speakers. Seems to have plenty of power, although I don't listen at real high volume (wife complains if I do).
  23. S

Kenwood KA-8006 I've been lusting after a vintage silver face Kenwood amp and finally got one. GoodWill $20, looks like it has been in a time capsule and sounds as good as it looks.
  24. S

Rotel RX-800

Yes, the manufacturer was Roland Electric
  25. S

Rotel RX-800

Just bought a Rotel RX-800 receiver from a fellow collector in my area. Beautiful condition and has been gone through and re-capped, vintage 1973, 40 strong watts. The thing sounds absolutely marvelous.
Back
Top Bottom