Search results

1. samurai7595

McIntosh XR50 Bookshelf Speakers on Furniture

I'm moving to a smaller home and I'm looking at placing bookshelf speakers (McIntosh XR50) on top of furniture/rack since I will not have room for speaker stands or floorstanding speakers. What would you recommend that I use underneath the bookshelf speakers to prevent scratching the furniture...
  2. samurai7595

Wireless Headphones for McIntosh Integrated Amp

Is there a way to connect wireless headphones to a McIntosh integrated amp like the MA7200? I'm looking at a wireless solution for some added "freedom"... :)
  3. samurai7595

Phono Cable for McIntosh Turntables

Which phono cable are you using to connect your McIntosh turntable to a McIntosh integrated amp?
  4. samurai7595

Using the MEN220 Room Correction System with McIntosh Integrated Amp

I've been thinking of upgrading my floorstanding speakers but a sales rep suggested that I get the McIntosh MEN220 Room Correction System instead. I took a look at the online connection diagram and user manual but can't figure out how to connect it to a McIntosh integrated amp. The connection...
  5. samurai7595

McIntosh MS500 Streamer Questions

I'm curious about the MS500 Streamer and wanted your opinion on it... Q1. What's been your experience with the control app for this unit and how easy is it to use? Also, how robust/reliable has it proven to be? Q2. How reliable has it been for playing FLAC music files via a locally connected...
  6. samurai7595

McIntosh LB100 Light Box

For those who may be interested, McIntosh has introduced their LB100 Light Box. https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/merchandise/LB100 I love McIntosh products and have always had lots of respect for the company but this to me is absolutely nuts. Asking $1,500 for a "light box"... :no:
  7. samurai7595

McIntosh MT2 Turntable

The McIntosh MT2 turntable is finally available! :thumbsup: https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/turntables/MT2
  8. samurai7595

McIntosh MT5 Issue (Platter Vibrates - Needle Skips)

I’m having a turntable issue and wanted your opinion / expert advice. I’m setting up a McIntosh 2-channel stereo system in my living room. The living has hardwood floors & the floor is a little "bouncy". The equipment sits on a BDI audio/video console which is very solid & heavy. Using a Rega...
  9. samurai7595

Floorstanding Speakers for 12' x 14' Room

We recently renovated our 12' x 14' living room (new furniture, curtains, area rug & paint) and now my wife wants great sounding speakers that are also "pretty" for the new look/layout of the living room. I'm using a McIntosh MAC6700 stereo receiver, McIntosh MCD350 SACD/CD player, Rega RP10...
  10. samurai7595

Bass Response

I'm looking for a pair of floorstanding speakers for my 12' x 14' living room. When music features bass, I like to hear/feel it but I'm looking for realistic (non-boomy / non-exaggerated) bass. I'm using a McIntosh MAC6700 stereo receiver which is rated at 200W for 2, 4 and 8 ohms. A friend...
  11. samurai7595

Phono Cable for McIntosh MT5 Turntable

What phono cabling (RCA-to-RCA) are you using with your MT5 turntable?
  12. samurai7595

Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 Cart Impressions

For owners of the McIntosh MT5 turntable, what's been your experience/impression of the McIntosh provided Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 high-output MC cart (i.e. tracking accuracy, sound, etc.)? I'm looking at getting the MT2 which supposedly will also be fitted with this cart. If you've replaced...
  13. samurai7595

McIntosh MB50 Streaming Audio Player

Can the McIntosh MB50 stream music from an external USB hard drive connected to its rear USB port? Also, how reliable, robust, easy to use is the McIntosh app for the MB50 & will it run on either an iPad or an iPhone? Last, does it play hi-rez FLAC music files?
  14. samurai7595

McIntosh MCD201 SACD/CD Player

I came across a good deal on a lightly used, great looking MCD201 player that I was thinking of pairing with my MAC6700 stereo receiver. Apparently, it's been checked by a McIntosh technician and the belt has been replaced. Any concerns/issues/problems I should be aware of with this player?
  15. samurai7595

Which digital source would you choose?

I own a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated amp along with a Rega RP10 turntable, Aurender N100H streamer and Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport. I listen to vinyl & streaming (50% - 50%) and my wife listens to CDs (100%). If you had the opportunity to go through one of these source upgrades, which...
  16. samurai7595

OPPO Blu-ray/DVD Player as CD Player

Is anyone using an OPPO Blu-ray/DVD player as a CD player with their McIntosh gear via a digital SPDIF coax (RCA) connection? If so, which model & how's the sound from CDs and SACDs? Can this combo be taken seriously?
  17. samurai7595

CD Player / Transport for McIntosh System

What are you using as a CD Player or CD Transport with your McIntosh pre-amp or integrated? I own a Bryston BCD-1 CD player but I'm thinking of replacing it and was looking at McIntosh MCT450 or used McIntosh MCD500 or Simaudio Neo 260D or Rega Apollo-R or maybe even the new Bryston BCD-3.
  18. samurai7595

Going for a "warmer" sound

I have a friend who owns a McIntosh integrated and finds the sound a little bright/harsh in his living room. The brightness is not associated to the integrated amp nor his speakers but to his room. His wife wants absolutely no room treatment of any sort since this is their main living room and...
  19. samurai7595

McIntosh XR50 Bookshelf Speakers

How good are these speakers? Would they be a good match for a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated in a 12ft x 14ft living room?
  20. samurai7595

McIntosh CD Player

I'm looking for a McIntosh CD player that I can use with my McIntosh MAC6700 integrated. Ideally, I'd like to use the same remote as my MAC6700 to control the CD player. I'd love to buy new but they are just too expensive so I started looking at the used market. I came across the following...
  21. samurai7595

Headphones for McIntosh Integrated

I own a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated and I'm looking at getting headphones for late night listening. I tried a pair of the Sonus faber Pryma and although they look & sound nice, they are not very comfortable on my head. Which headphones are you using with your McIntosh integrated?
  22. samurai7595

Floorstanding Speakers for new MAC 200W Integrated

I own a McIntosh MAC6700 (200W per channel) integrated and I've been shopping around for a pair of floorstanding speakers to use in my 12ft x 14ft room. I've narrowed down my list to the four models listed below. Which would you recommend & why? - ProAc Response D30R - Sonus Faber Venere S -...
  23. samurai7595

MartinLogan Speakers with MAC Gear

Anyone using MartinLogan speakers with their MAC gear? I'm really interested in either the Montis or Ethos models.
  24. samurai7595

McInotsh MB100 Media Streamer

Anyone using the McIntosh MB100 media streamer? It looks like it has a built-in fan. Is it a quiet fan or can you hear it at low volumes? How reliable/robust is their Apple iOS control app & is it easy to use? Also, how are you connecting it to your system (i.e. digital, analog, etc.) &...
  25. samurai7595

McIntosh CD Players, worth their asking price?

I've been auditioning some really nice CD players in the $2,000-$3,000 price range and noticed that the McIntosh MCD550 unit retails for 2x to 3x that price range. I was wondering how much better the McIntosh units are compared to other models from the likes of Moon, Rega, Cambridge, Marantz...
Back
Top Bottom