Search results

1. ZR9B

Fisher 500B and Schiit

Hello, been awhile since I have been here....I had my 500 refreshed by Muse, I listen to it for a long time and the phono amp was lacking to my ears. I was going to see about up grading it but figured I would try this pre amp. I put a Schiit mani 2 and I was very happy with it....It sure...
  2. ZR9B

A/B switch ?

Im looking for a switch or switches that I can have 2 amps to choose from on 1 pair of speakers. Sometimes I feel like a tube amp sometimes a solid state. also 1 turntable is involved. I did try to search it but I must be missing something as I know it has to be a thing. thanks
  3. ZR9B

500B fireworks

So I had my 500B just fully rebuilt by a reputable builder. It came back sounding pretty good but not amazing, I have only played vinyl on it. for what its worth I think my sansusi 881 sounds better with a lot more detail...but that is another story. so after about 2 hours ,an album...
  4. ZR9B

Fisher 500B after service

So I have had this 500 for a few years and finally took it in for service. This is all original except the 7591 tube, they are tung sol. The service guy said everything is perfect and nothing need replaced. They did put the resistor on the tube ground. I have about 10 hours on it (4...
  5. ZR9B

H-811 B HORN ..driver ?s

So I grabbed these the other night...im not sure what I'm going to do with them but could I get a driver that would work well with them?? I kinda know what they are but not much about them really.
  6. ZR9B

Who makes this?

A lady i kno wants this...any clue what it is.....thanks
  7. ZR9B

Starr victrola

I picked this up a few weeks ago. Not sure what I'm going to do with it. Does anyone have any info on these?? Just curious if it would be worth the time to get it going. My wife says sell it...figures.
  8. ZR9B

Speaker crossover graph questions

I was wondering what this graph trying to tell me. Is this a desirable curve? Also is a pic of the crossover that it goes with. I did post this in the jbl section but I also figured someone here would know what it says. Thanks.
  9. ZR9B

L88 crossover upgrade?

I have these L88s that I was told had upgraded crossovers. To me they look factory. My question is...as old as these are I would have to believe new parts would /should help with the sound. I know these are not known for there rang but before I move on I would like to try new parts. Any...
  10. ZR9B

Bluetooth for cars

Anyone have a aftermarket bluetooth receiver for a cellphone? The kind that would plug into the 12v power supply and go through FM. I bought one from autozone and it sounds like crap....just wondering what people are using?
  11. ZR9B

Tether car

Does anyone on here still play with these? I built a control line plane a few years ago and it was fun...for some reason I wanted a teather car. The one I wanted was waay too much....so I bought this one. I had all the cox and testors .049 stuff as a kid . Im looking foreword to...
  12. ZR9B

did these come from a white van??

WHARFEDALE W60E i can get them for $100
  13. ZR9B

G4000 vs 881

First i know it's what sounds best to me.... that said.....I have a g4000 and a 881 on the ropes....the 4000 is $200 more but is mint and just out of the refurb. The 881 is nice and "owner" maintained. Any pros and cons to either? They will either by driving a pair of KG 4 or old L88s. I...
  14. ZR9B

Fisher 500B resto question?

So I have this near mint 500 that needs a once over.....I have store credit at a repair shop but they will only put it to factory specs. My question is...there were or are a few upgrades I was told should be done to help with the life of the unit. Bios voltage (i think)and one other I was...
  15. ZR9B

Hooking up a streight amp

I need a little input ( pun intended) ....so on my tandberg 1020 I wanted more power and I picked up a ramsa wp-1200. My question is on the back of the tandberg I removed the jumpers pre out to main in...does my amp go to the pre out? I would think so but I'm second guessing myself. Thanks
  16. ZR9B

Ramsa WP 1200

I just picked up a WP 1200 that Im hoping will be a good piece. I didnt realize all the plugs are not what I have. Its going to be hooked up with my tandburg and running my JBL L88. Has anyone ever played with one? Thanks
  17. ZR9B

technics SL-1950

I just picked up this table for a 20 spot....this thing is in very nice shape. The cartrage says 681EEE calibration standard...I haven't googled it yet. I was at a yard sale 250 miles from my house by deer camp and bought a few old traps from this old trapper guy (traps are going on the...
  18. ZR9B

Needle needed

Looking for a needle for this turntable..... I got a lady at work wanting to play her records after I keep talking to her about them. I rubbed off on her. Thanks
  19. ZR9B

Dual 521 input needed

Looking at a dual 521 in nice condition...just wondering what the quality of these are comparing to my 1219. My 1219 is down for now and I just need something to fill in for awhile. Thanks
  20. ZR9B

Sams club security cameras

Does anyone have any experience with the sams club type camera systems? I need a system for my house and I was just wondering if anyone uses these. I know the wireless can be jammed ed but the jokers Im looking after are not that smart. sorry for no exact model that im looking at but Im...
  21. ZR9B

thornes 126 motor help

Hello....so I was given this 126 thornes and the motor seems to be out. I put my meter on the leads and I get 28.3 on the ohm scale. the readings are the same 1st lead with the 3rd lead and the 2nd lead with the 4th lead. Any input would be great...thanks.
  22. ZR9B

Thornes mk 126

.......so a guy at work kept telling my he has a turn table for me.....so after a year or so he brings in this TD 126 mk II electronic nice looking table. It came with the styrofoam. Turns out the motor won't spin when power is on.
  23. ZR9B

Shipping a dual 1219

Any tips or tricks ....like cheep ways of making packaging....or what to use for packaging. It will be out of the United box.
  24. ZR9B

7581 vs 7591

What would the difference between the two be as far as " will it work well" I bought a Fisher 500b and the guy pulled the good tubes and put some HK 7581 in there. He said he never powered it up since he got it years ago....who knows ....thanks
  25. ZR9B

New to me 500B

Like it says....new to me. This thing is very clean, I can't find much of a scratch on it. I'm sure it needs a total overhaul or a good oncenover. The guy said it has been sitting for years so I bought it with out trying it. The 4 main tubes are not original 3 say Harman Karmin 7581 and...
Back
Top Bottom