Search results

1. T

Sansui 9090DB and Pioneer Sub

it was a Pioneer SA-950.. I just looked and it didn't have a preout, but rather 2 rcas on the back that said "phones out". I did get the sub working on the preout 2 on the sansui... I just had to really crank the volume on the back of the sub to hear it.
  2. T

Sansui 9090DB and Pioneer Sub

Greetings all! I have searched a bit on here and have seen numerous threads on using a sansui 9090db and a powered sub. I just recently upgraded from an old 70wpc pioneer rack setup from the 80s to a sansui 9090db. I was using a preout on the old Pioneer and the sub sounded great. I tried...
  3. T

Pioneer PL-570.. black one from the 80s not the 70s

I know its an entry level basic deck, but I'm just now getting into vinyl. I got it a thrift store for 20 bucks. It has the dust cover and the 45 adapter. I haven't hooked it up yet, but it did spin and the arm moved when I tested it. I figured for 20 bucks it couldnt hurt until I get a...
  4. T

Akai 360d, not crisp in reverse, right channel

Hey all, Tapetech has been helping me a ton via PM getting my deck up an running. A huge pubic thanks to all the assistance he has given me to get me where I am now. Deck works and runs great now. Sounds fantastic in forward play, but in reverse play the right channel sounds muffled. No...
  5. T

Akai X360D No output headphones or line

I replaced the transistor and still dont get any voltage out. Bad caps?
  6. T

I dont see any voltage at that point. I know the service manual referenced that transistor as possibly being a culprit too.
  7. T

Told ya im rusty! Really do appreciate your help. Going to check to see if I have anything on that point.
  8. T

Ok now I have a really dumb question. Is this supposed to be ac or dc voltage and where is the ground point? I honestly dont see a ground listed on the schematic. Told ya Im a bit rusty at this stuff :(
  9. T

I have an electronics background, used to repair breathalyzers years ago in the 90s. I am rusty with some electronics stuff, but taking measurements, reading schematics and replacing parts is easy. Now, figuring out voltages and crap based on formulas... thats another story. Im in IT now, IT...
  10. T

Ok, thanks I downloaded the service manual and have the original schematics that came with the deck.... and PSU means power supply unit?
  11. T

Anyone have any ideas where I can start?
  12. T

Akai X-360D

Sorry to bring up an old post but Im having issues with my 360d, except there is no sound output, headphone or line out. No activity on the meters. I see my spark quenchers blistered. 2 of them. Could this cause that issue as well?
  13. T

Hey everyone. New here, sorry if I come off as too much of a newb. I have always been into music, loved the older stuff and have some lower end vintage stuff that I enjoy listening too. My dad was in the service, vietnam era, and bought some nice stuff and sent it home.. from the coveted...
Back
Top Bottom