Search results

1. butcherevans

Add pre amp to Nikko 1415

Hi I can't seem to find the correct info anywhere. I recently got an Onkyo p304 pre amp and hooked it up directly to main in on my Nikko 1415 receiver. But it seems I may have done some damage to the receiver or maybe not. I had an obscene amount of low end at first and now I have some...
  2. butcherevans

overhang measurement for micro seiki mr711

Sorry to start the war of words but think I found the issue. Seems my pre amp lost low end on left channel . But only on phono input so off to the shop it goes. works on all other inputs but phono is no low end only mid and hi on left side. both on mm and mc even switched tt still same. thanks...
  3. butcherevans

I was looking more for the measurement from back of headshell to tip of stylus.I have aligned it better but still don't know if cartridge is the correct position on the headshell seems to be my problem.
  4. butcherevans

Hi I am trying to install a denon dl 103 on my micro seiki mr711 and have no idea what the overhang measurement is. I am only guessing at around 51 mm same as technics but have no idea. It seems not to be tracking properly at that measurement a lot of ssss and some igd I think on inner tracks...
  5. butcherevans

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Brother in law calls and says he found a Onkyo amp on side of street so I tell him pick it up for me cause he's not into this stuff. When I pick it up it's a mint condition Onkyo integra p304 pre amp in mint condition not a mark. Sweet little hook up for me instant upgrade. Love the sound of...
  6. butcherevans

sony str v6 vs nikko 1415

Still working on trade now he wants cash as well so not gonna happen the Sony is fine with me. the Nikko is well looked after and functions well 4 ohm speakers would be added later. I like either one. Sony is plenty of power for me but you can never have enough and I like the look of the Nikko...
  7. butcherevans

sony str v6 vs nikko 1415

not sure if I am in the right forum but here goes. I have the opportunity to trade my sony strv6 for a nikko 1415. If anyone has any opinion as to which they prefer and why. I am only looking at it to drive at 4ohm and the sony really doesn't produce much more power at 4 ohm according to tests I...
  8. butcherevans

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Jeff Healey Band See The Light
  9. butcherevans

suitable replacement cartridge

great feedback thanks to all will report back when I make the plunge
  10. butcherevans

yes the at150 was something that might interest me I have not heard the reviews much but will look into it more now
  11. butcherevans

I do have spare technics headshell anyway so could do it that way thanks wasn't sure if it mattered.
  12. butcherevans

Hi I am looking to get a new cartridge for my Micro Seiki MR711 TT. I have an ortofon 2m red now on it but problem is it doesnt fit into the original headshell as it is too wide and the headshell has sides that are folded over. I was really wanting to go 2m black but not with the $20 headshell...
  13. butcherevans

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Scored a pair of Celestion DL6 at Goodwill for $20 cad in very nice condition. Not a big pair but sound is excellent for 2 way bookshelf def keepers imo add to the collection. Black in color not the walnut but very nice for the money.
  14. butcherevans

recent system upgrades

Hi all have recently upgraded much of my system. Have moved from Pioneer sx780 up to Sony STR V6. Also got a Micro Seiki mr711 up from technics sld2. Alhtough not sure about cart Micro came with AKG p4dp. While i have new ort 2m red. I left the akg on. Speakers now used are Reaslistic mach1 for...
  15. butcherevans

Realistic Mach1 speakers

thanks for the feedback I do like the sound of my advent a3 much better at normal listening levels. They just lack the punch of a 15 inch driver. Tweaking the bass level has had great effect for me tho on the advents. But for the odd time to turn it up to 9 i would prefer to do it to the mach 1
  16. butcherevans

Realistic Mach1 speakers

Wow am very impressed with these 2 monsters that were given to me by a friend. Only thing is I only have a pioneer sx780 to drive them and they need to e heard loud to enjoy. Too loud for my apt. Can't wait to move in the near future to a house where I can blast them and look for A big amp or...
  17. butcherevans

mitsubishi da r25 receiver any thoughts

This has an MC input is what I noticed on hi fi engine for specs is why I am considering it.
  18. butcherevans

mitsubishi da r25 receiver any thoughts

Hi I have an opportunity to pick up this receiver locally and it specs for MC and MM phono inputs any idea if this is an acceptable alternative to a seperate pre amp for TT not over powering but at .005 distortion and 60 watts not bad. It specs for .1 Mv MC and 3 Mv MM phono inputs. Just any...
  19. butcherevans

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Black Sabbath we sold our soul for rock n roll sweeeeet
  20. butcherevans

Nagaoka or Grado upgrade

I have the MP110 and love the sound mostly rock and blues and country for my listening sounds great to me
  21. butcherevans

cart upgrade from Nagaoka mp 110

So I have some homework then maybe a decent pre amp and mc cart is next on the list and of course spare headshell would seem the best way to go. MM carts don't seem to offer what I am looking for. Browsing some hi fi shops here may help. The vintage shops here are worth looking into for now...
  22. butcherevans

cart upgrade from Nagaoka mp 110

Hi all have been using my Nag mp 110 for some time now and the sound is great. I think it is time to upgrade again no. I am using a Technics SL D2, Pioneer sx 780, and Ar 48 LS speakers and can't complain about the sound but I am wanting to go to the next level. I am looking for a more light and...
  23. butcherevans

Need a good cartridge for a Pioneer PL-530

I have the pl 514 TT and the MP110 cart and it sounds great although the break in period was bright it is perfect now am glad i spent the extra for the upgrade made a world of difference. The sound is so well mixed now lo's to hi's very well balanced.
  24. butcherevans

AR 48 LS specs anyone

Wow ty so much i have been looking everywhere for something
  25. butcherevans

AR 48 LS specs anyone

Hi I recently refoamed a pr of ar 48ls woofers and the sound is night and day from my cerwin u103 the Cerwin are gone but now am left wondering if these are basically the same as the ar48s at 15-100 w . I am using a pioneer sx780 with technics sl d2 and nag mp110 cart and sounds great. I would...
Back
Top Bottom