Search results

1. N

PSB Image 2b sounds muffled

Thanks, I am in contact~ I guess the only reason I am considering keeping them is because I actually really want them to work lol~ and if its just the tweeter thats blown... it might be worth it to replace and keep, no?
  2. N

Frankenspeakers =[ . Where would you recommend finding replacement tweeters for the 2b's?
  3. N

Thanks for replying~ I wonder if i should return them~ i think i will have to pay for shipping. But just from a quick browse it seems replacement tweeters are not too expensive... is replacing tweeters on these guys something an extreme novice could work his way through? =]
  4. N

Thanks for the reply~ Tweeter seems very dead.
  5. N

Hi guys~ I recently picked up a pair of used PSB image 2b speakers. I have been running B&O RL 140 speakers that sound great on a Kyocera r861. I saw the 2b's at a reasonable price and picked them up. The seller allows returns. Here is the issue~ The sound of the 2b's is incredibly muffled...
  6. N

Turntable Shopping

Mostly out of curiosity. Also the turntable has minor things that could use fixing but there is just not a technician around that works at a decent price. I can do smaller basic things but am by all means a novice. So I figured I'ld shop around.
  7. N

PVC sleeves

Ahhhh... k. sounds like a PVC sleeve. I will house this separately. I have the Red pressing. Single sided and etched. Cheers!
  8. N

PVC sleeves

Hi guys, Just picked up a copy of The Clarity by Sleep which comes housed in a heavy duty plastic sleeve (that glows in the dark). Wicked cool BUT I have heard terrible things about PVC sleeves and what the off gassing does to records~ I actually have no idea what a PVC sleeve looks/feels like...
  9. N

Turntable Shopping

Thanks for the replies. I have a Kyocera R861 and RL140 Bang/Olufsen speakers. Cart is 2m red but am looking to upgrade to a 2m blue. I am shopping partially for curiosity. my technics is in overall decent condition~ I have not had it serviced in awhile as I live in a small town with limited...
  10. N

Turntable Shopping

Hi guys, I am looking to upgrade my tt. Currently have a technics sl 1600. Looking at an ATLP120 for $180 or looking to customize an Orbit plus with my own cart~ this makes the orbit with an acrylic platter $254. What are your thoughts and opinions? Thanks for any help =] Cheers.
  11. N

Help with new Cartridge/Headshell pt.2

Hi guys, thanks so much for all the guidance this past week. Just thought I would give a quick update. I have identified and corrected 3 major issues: 1: I did not see this at first but my finger handle on my headshell was touching my dustshell on the way back and was causing issues - i have...
  12. N

Thanks! I think it is a problem with foot fall and perhaps suspension~ Aside from the random occasional bump it actually sounds awesome. Hi, could you elaborate on "floating part of the suspension is floating properly in the middle of movement range" please? I am very new at this still and...
  13. N

Thanks for this~ So it seems to track fine... but randomly seems very sensitive to the slightest bump causing a skip, which was not a problem before. I have pads under the table to absorb any shock, so I wonder if I am either setting the weight/balance incorrectly or if it is an alignment issue?
  14. N

I have been playing mostly new records so I think it is the tracking force.. I may up it just a bit over..
  15. N

Right~ because as I understand, the technics 52mm overhang gauge gets you set up pretty close to Stevenson alignment, correct? The sound is pretty good, however the only issue I am having is that it will randomly skip now and then...? I have it tracking at 1.8grams, I wonder if I should up it a...
  16. N

for the moment I have used the technics overhang gauge of 52mm to set as close as I can without a protractor..
  17. N

Hi guys~ I have a Technics SL 1600 with an S shaped tone arm and I am in the midst of installing a new cartridge and headshell and am running into a few issues: 1. The manual for the SL 1600 says to use an overhang gauge when installing new cartridge. Should I still do this with the 2m red and...
  18. N

New Cartridge and Headshell?

Thanks very much, I am thinking of buying a replacement stylus to have on hand.. Nice to know they still make them!
  19. N

It is all mix and matched... So the TT is a Technics SL 1600 with a Kyocera R651 receiver with Bang Olufsen RL 140 speakers.
  20. N

So I bought the TT and the ortofon ff15xe mkII came with it~ I am not sure how many hours were played on it but it sounded great when I first started using it. After about a year I have noticed the sound changing... a bit messier or "tin-ier" if that makes sense. I did some reading and what...
  21. N

Would you say that if i aligned with a two point protractor that would take care of adjusting overhang?
  22. N

got it... lol thank you =]
  23. N

Hi~ thanks for the recommendation! Here are a couple pix:WP_20160721_10_27_59_Pro by newcolors posted Jul 21, 2016 at 2:47 PMWP_20160721_10_27_44_Pro by newcolors posted Jul 21, 2016 at 2:47 PM
  24. WP_20160721_10_27_59_Pro

WP_20160721_10_27_59_Pro

25. WP_20160721_10_27_44_Pro

WP_20160721_10_27_44_Pro

Back
Top Bottom