Search results

1. Vexing

Anti-Jeep Rap Video

If I ever got rid of my Ford, a Wrangler would be high on the list of vehicles to look at. But not until the 2017 refresh.
  2. Vexing

Todays Punk Playlist

I don't have a picture handy, but lately I've been revisiting the Angry Samoans and Husker Du for no particular reason. And sometimes that's the best reason.
  3. Vexing

What Is the Significance of Your Avatar?

Just poking my head in for a look-see :D
  4. Vexing

Audiokarma has a new look and feel

The new features are great, totally worth it. The color scheme is a mess of low contrast, pale colors against other pale colors that make most of it much harder to read :eek: for me. And blinding! My opinion, of course. Worth the paper it's printed on :D
  5. Vexing

The Ending Letter, New TV/Film/Comic/etc. Character Game

Auric Goldfinger, the James Bond villain.
  6. Vexing

Dumb equalizer setup question

Way more information than I had hoped for! Thanks =)
  7. Vexing

Convoluted, but useful! Thanks for the setup, I didn't even see that loop as a possibility. I like the front panel control. Speakers may be a little close to the long wall they sit in front of but well away from corners and sit about 3 feet up at their base and 4 feet apart. Mostly I need to...
  8. Vexing

I'm set up in a smallish room with a Fisher 400. While it sounds pretty good I would like to balance the sound to match the idiosyncratic speakers and space with more control than the bass/treble of the Fisher allows. Where do I actually wire an EQ into a 400 :scratch2: and what connectors...
  9. Vexing

Audacity recordings: small interruptions?

You're going to have to host a data sample or even screen capture of the wave, a "skip in music with no break in sound" makes no sense. Could be anything from an old hard drive that's running out of space or needs data repairing, not enough RAM for what you're recording, anti-virus doing some...
  10. Vexing

Loving near-field listening

Warning: once you get used to the flat response of studio monitors regular speakers will start to sound weird :sigh:
  11. Vexing

Music from your YOUTH - Is Music From the Era of 18-21 Still Your Favorite?

For we older folk I think that the 17-21 range is where we first started paying deeper attention to music when we could afford our own purchases and combined with greater exposure to more styles than heard as a child it is also the age range where we decide what is comfortable and good to us, or...
  12. Vexing

? 800c phono ground

To make you feel more confident, I did the same thing with a Fisher 400 and attached straight to a random chassis screw nearby the connections. Quiet as a dormouse with no other steps taken.
  13. Vexing

Driver's Ed Films

When I did driver's ed the movie was "Red Asphalt," of which there are now several sequels updated over time. Our car had an accelerator that would stick occasionally. Good times, that.
  14. Vexing

Kickstarter - Turntable Station

Ikea makes solid wood furniture, too. I'm just sayin' that some of that is pretty sturdy, especially if you toss on an angle bracket or two on the diagonals.
  15. Vexing

Vinyl only spin list

1952 vintage 10" LP in the world's worst playback setup :tears: Great sounding horns though:music:
  16. Vexing

Next-Gen Cylinder Deactivation: V-8s Using Two Cylinders, 20 Percent MPG Boost?

I find it hard to believe that any mechanical system that deals with explosions can become anything but more unreliable when you shut some it off at random intervals.
  17. Vexing

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I find odd stuff. My best recent odd stuff was a good and playable condition original cast recording of "Annie Get Your Gun" from 1946 with Ethel Merman, in the original package. Gotta get an appropriate needle to play that, though.
  18. Vexing

source of ''motorboating''?

You are winning the internet one post at a time :thmbsp:
  19. Vexing

Grade the LAST thing you watched

The Admiral: Roaring Currents semi-historical drama circa Korea 1597 Solid B+
  20. Vexing

Mid century modern speakers???

Decidedly not mid century. I'm leaning towards "concrete walkway lighting fixture." I do know that there is some name for this style, I just can't remember it.
  21. Vexing

It's aliiive (aka my 400 recap that didn't explode)

... I didn't even think of that and I was looking down there to get some dust out, too! I'll do this before a next projects drops itself into my lap, yours looks much nicer :yes:
  22. Vexing

H.H Scott Stereomaster 399...I'm in love!

That is an awesome looking setting in the dark!
  23. Vexing

So, are we not allowed to pass motorbikes anymore?

The systemic denial of personal responsibility makes a good case for 55 gallon drums of pepper spray. :yes:
  24. Vexing

What speakers do you listen to with your tube amp?

Oh man, I am hopelessly outclassed in here. A Fisher 400 hooked to a pair of Sansui SP3000. I love the grills on those, don't hate!
Back
Top Bottom