Search results

1. TOM1040

My second system.....

Marantz PM-10 Marantz SA-10 JBL 4365
  2. TOM1040

Biamping JBL 4365 speakers-what do i need?

So for the aforementioned JBL speakers, what type of electronic crossover would I need to bi-amp them with the following: McIntosh C50 pre McIntosh MC601 mono blocks Marantz PM-10 integrated Perhaps some would question why I would want to and, quite frankly, I want to just give it a shot since...
  3. TOM1040

Is it: Watts, current, damping factor, or something else?

What is the determining factor in ''controlling or driving" some speakers, especially woofers. I will assume a combination of all three (or four) above but would like to know what others think. I understand that many people have no issue driving their high efficient speakers but some do (think...
  4. TOM1040

Mcintosh MC601 / C50 best RCA interconnectors?

So the title says what I am looking for. By the best, I do not mean "money no object" by any means. I am looking for RCA cables that have a proven track record from anyone who has any experience with the same electronics. Right now, the CDP is a Marantz SA-8001 but may change to another...
  5. TOM1040

Pre amp advice needed

So, I have the following gear in my Man Cave space: McIntosh MC601's JBL 4365 speakers I am looking for advice for a pre amp. I think I have it narrowed down to two: McIntosh C50 Marantz SC7S2 both going to be purchased on used marketplace. To those who have perhaps heard both, what would...
  6. TOM1040

Need some advice for JBL 4365

Out of the choice of the following, can someone recommend the amp that they would pair with this speaker and the reason(s)behind your answer, considering all associated issues-not the least of which is cost: McIntosh MC452 McIntosh MC601 (Mono Blocks) Marantz MA9-S2 (Mono Blocks) I have...
  7. TOM1040

JBL/Cerwin Vega & Sansui

I have decided to take a part of my basement to make into a 'mancave' of sorts. Room is about 30 x 15 rectangular with a wooden floor (area rug on top). No real sound 'treatment' yet. I put into service a pair of JBL 940T and Cerwin Vega DX-9 speakers that are powered by a clean and nice...
  8. TOM1040

How many will buy this?

http://hothardware.com/news/10000-ethernet-cable-claims-earth-shattering-advancement-in-audio-fidelity-if-youre-stupid-enough-to-buy-it
  9. TOM1040

Klipsch Palladium and Marantz?

I am thinking of trying the P-39 with my Marantz reference gear. To those who perhaps have heard this pairing or something to this effect, would this be a good match or not. I would love to hear opinions either way. My current JBL 1400 Arrays sound great as they are but this frigging hobby...
  10. TOM1040

Marantz MA9S2 replaced

Is this going to happen @ some point? Does anybody in AK land know about the replacements? Perhaps there will not be any? How about the SC7S2 and SA7S1?:scratch2: Thanks in advance to all.
  11. TOM1040

Marantz 7c vs. SC7S2

For someone who has heard both, can you describe the sonic differences and how close or far apart they are from that standpoint? I have heard wonderful things about the 7c and, since I do not know anyone with one and highly doubt I ever will, would like a reference point for conversation. I...
  12. TOM1040

Marantz music streamer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fC2KyVE_YMw#t=0s Does anyone have interest? I sure do.
  13. TOM1040

Active crossover help!!

Sorry for my ignorance up front. I have, in addition to what is listed in my signature, a McIntosh MC402 that is not in use. I would like to try an experiment. I would like to TRY to use the Marantz for the LF of the JBL Arrays and the McIntosh on the MF and HF. The speakers are set for...
  14. TOM1040

Tom1040 Marantz/JBL

A couple of quick snaps. My wife's Persian cat in the second pic. It is the LR so not well treated but sounds great-to me.
  15. TOM1040

How many NEW Reference owners here..

Just curious. This seems more of a vintage site-NOTHING wrong with that. I am just curious of the people whom may have sampled the latest gear.
  16. TOM1040

Marantz SA7S1 SACD-external clock?

I am curious if anyone has used an external clock, such as the Grimm Audio CC1 which HI-FI World prasied (while attached to the SA7S1) in a 5/09 review. I am very happy with the player stock but I am curious about this. Thanks for any comments.
  17. TOM1040

Sa7s1

Does anyone have any opinions on this player? I am thinking of taking the plunge-$ wise I have an option for a new one @ about 60% retail (it is new). However, I may trade my pearl & some $ to boot. Thanks to all who respond.:yes:
  18. TOM1040

Marantz SC7S2 pre amp

Thinking of replacing the McIntosh C46. Does anyone have any opinions on this pre amp? Good & bad. Thanks to all.
  19. TOM1040

Marantz MA9S2 w/JBL 1400 Array..

Has anybody heard this combo? If so, could you please comment-good/bad. I am thinking of a change up....:yes:
  20. TOM1040

MC452 vs. MC402 amperes?

I am curious about some comparisons. Mainly the rated current amperes output of the MC452 of 75 and the MC402 of 100 ( per owners manuals published on McIntosh's website. I was (am) under the assumtion that the higher amperes the amp has, the better 'control' over the speaker. Am I incorrect...
  21. TOM1040

Dynamic headroom differences.

Why is there a difference in these amps: MC 1.2KW = 2 db MC 501 = 1.8 db MC 402 = 2.1 db taken from McIntosh's website. Also, according to this; Definition: Dynamic Headroom refers to the ability of a receiver or amplifier to output power at a significantly higher level than...
  22. TOM1040

Marantz SA-Ki vs. McIntosh MCD301

Does anyone know if there is a great improvment of the McIntosh over the Marantz? Not a huge deal but I would like the look of an all McIntosh system if there was a significant difference since I may be able to purchase the 301 (used) at a good price. I posted this in the McIntosh section...
  23. TOM1040

Mcintosh MCD 301 vs. Marantz SA-KI

Does anyone know if there is a great improvment of the McIntosh over the Marantz? Not a huge deal but I would like the look of an all McIntosh system if there was a significant difference since I may be able to purchase the 301 (used) at a good price.
  24. TOM1040

C46 abilities

Is this pre able to handle two amps at the same time? I am thinking of two MC402 amps in place for two sets of speakers--in different rooms of course. Thank you for any & all responses.
  25. TOM1040

C46 with JBL 1500 Array sub

The two will be about 15 feet apart. Is there some particular wire/cord that would be perferable?
Back
Top Bottom