Search results

1. Vintagemidfi

Do you believe this Schiit? I don't.

Received a Schiit Gungnir and hooked it up through Toslink to a Cambridge CXC. First issue was a ton of hum. Schiit website told me to use a Humx. That was a new one on me so I researched the HUMX. A video told me to first test the DAC with a ground plug. Hum goes away get the HUMX. Still...
  2. Vintagemidfi

Now what?

As an addendum, if certain interconnects/cables might add the upper end benefits I seek, I would certainly keep the Marantz and try specific, different hookups.
  3. Vintagemidfi

Now what?

A year long upgrade to Schiit Saga, Schiit Vidar, Silverline Preludes matched with a fabulous Volkswoofer leaves just the Marantz CD6004 as a target. That CD has been flawless in operation - built like a tank! But I still feel I am missing some crispness, detail, and sparkle in upper mid range...
  4. Vintagemidfi

Schiit Saga Tube Upgrade

Did a search and came up with... ZILCH here. Maybe it was just me plugging in the wrong search criteria (kind of new at this). Thought about upgrading the tube in this pre-amplifier - a Schiit Saga. Any replacement tube suggestions that won't cost me a small fortune?
  5. Vintagemidfi

Another "What Speakers?" Dilemma...

Trying to buy 1.7i speakers now. I can live with weaker bass for larger sound stage and great definition. Problem is my location in "Nowhere, Arkansas." Dealers don't like being asked to make a price commitment by email, apparently.
  6. Vintagemidfi

Which Way Should I Go?

I have two speaker upgrade choices. ESS Concept One's in great condition or Infinity Reference Standard 6 Kappa's (original version) in great or mint condition. My trade in is Genesis Genre IIs. Any ideas from members?:confused:
  7. Vintagemidfi

Opportunity Thuds

I have an opportunity to change speakers but here is what I have right now: Genesis Genre IIs, Aragon 2004 Mark II amplifier (upgraded/modified ground system), B&K PT3 preamplifier. Marantz CD6004, Miller and Kreisel Volkswoofer driven by a dedicated Russound DPA 12 amplifier, and decent...
Back
Top Bottom