Search results

1. likebike23

Why no love for Dual 1209?

4lb instead of 7lb platter, 10" platter instead of 12" maybe? I don't know, but I've had a few Duals (1214, 1215, 1218, 1228, 1019) and every one of them sounded great to me.
  2. likebike23

Modern day high elliptical tracking forces concern..

I think it is probably a "give them what they want" thing. From Ortofon The SPU #1 E model takes sound reproduction to the next level with its elliptical stylus profile, providing a more detailed sound reproduction and expansive imaging. More detailed sound and expansive imaging is evidently...
  3. likebike23

Details=better? Maybe yes and maybe no, depends on your philosophy I guess. I think assembling your system to please your personal taste is a very "audiophile" thing to do. What the personal taste is can vary IMO.
  4. likebike23

So my takeaway from this is that we should demand light tracking conicals from cartridge manufacturers with an upgrade path to micro ridge styli. The problem is that the conical stylus shape has been poo poo'd in audiophile circles in favor of ellipticals. I find it funny that those "in the...
  5. likebike23

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Went to the dump today to get rid of a new TV box and walked out of there with a Rotel RCD 955AX cd player with remote. This is one of the models with the TDA 1541a dac that everyone talks about. I must say it is a pretty sweet sounding player, especially through the tube amp. Listening to...
  6. likebike23

1960s Magnavox Record Cabinet - No sound out of right speakers

I can't believe nobody suggested deoxit on the preamp pots :dunno:.
  7. likebike23

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Sword-Warp Riders
  8. likebike23

Elac Miracord 45 Motor Replacement Question

Sorry, I was asking the OP.
  9. likebike23

Elac Miracord 45 Motor Replacement Question

@jamesc760 I have to ask, did you disassemble the motor, clean the bushings and shaft, and oil it?
  10. likebike23

Low wattage Sansui 441 paired with ADS-L520

Yeah, just don't expect it to crank like a 100 watt per channel amp. Don't push the volume too much or you can potentially damage the tweeters. Google "amp clipping and speakers" and read up.
  11. likebike23

Strange Headshell issues with a Dual 1019

Kinda jumping the gun, why not wait until you get the table? If you assume the problem is something before you look at it you will go into troubleshooting biased. Better to go in with an open mind and base conclusions on your observations. * Former 8 year office machine tech with 10k service...
  12. likebike23

Tone Arm not rising and going to record

Sorry, but I've found there are no half measures when it comes to fixing idler drive changers. It is going to need to be completely disassembled, cleaned, relubed, and put back together correctly. If it was working before you sprayed WD40 around why do you think the tonearm adjustment screws...
  13. likebike23

Dual 1229 - where this noise come from?

Eliminate simple to more complex.
  14. likebike23

Dual 1229 - where this noise come from?

With the tonearm on the rest the motor shouldn't be running. I'm leaning more towards the sled contacts. Take the sled out and with a pencil eraser clean the pins and the contacts in the end of the arm that the pins mate with. Second, id look at the RCA cables. Try different ones and see what...
  15. likebike23

Dual 1264 remove from base?

I've had flaky RCAs on tables before. It's usually at the RCA jack end though, bad solder joint or wire from the bending. I usually just cut off the old RCA and solder in a new jack.
  16. likebike23

Dual 1264 remove from base?

The destructive method may need to be employed, you have nothing to lose. Id just try to cut the strain relief and old cables flush at the plate with a dyke or something and then wiggle them out.
  17. likebike23

New vs Old......I'm sold

Always better? Maybe, maybe not. I don't believe that every amp/preamp sound the same so it depends. I will say that I have no love for equipment that is too detailed, flat or whatever you want to call it. I just don't appreciate that type of sound. Give me some warm, smooth tone and my ears are...
  18. likebike23

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

Glad to hear you found an amp that allows you to enjoy music again. I know exactly what you are saying, my tube amps sound so smooth and mellow that it makes my SS stuff sound harsh. I wonder how those amps would measure as far as distortion compared to your SS amp. My guess is that it would...
  19. likebike23

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

The shipping screws are most likely long and containing an upper threaded portion to lock it down, a middle unthreaded portion where the chassis floats, and a lower portion that when unscrewed will allow removal of chassis from base. I have never personally had a 50H II, but this is how I read...
  20. likebike23

So he says, I was using my Crosley to listen to some vinyls.

Technically, their should be there too. I'm policing myself :D
  21. likebike23

Their, I fixed it for you. :thumbsup:
  22. likebike23

Supposably they need braked from policing their tired of it.
Back
Top Bottom