Search results

1. Sunoo

SX-626 Left Channel Cuts Out at Low Volumes

I did, he said that he didn't recall anything every happening to it that would have required repairs. He did have a lightning strike about 15 years ago, but he is fairly certain this was unplugged at the time, and it certainly wasn't repaired afterwards.
  2. Sunoo

Not quite. I thought RCA cables fixed it, but it did eventually occur even with them. Intermittent issues can cause confusion like that. No worries Mark, life obviously comes first. Sorry to hear about your father.
  3. Sunoo

Is there something I can do to check that?
  4. Sunoo

So, nobody has any ideas where to go from here? At the very least, would there be someone I could take it to for repairs?
  5. Sunoo

This was my father's from new, so I'll ask him if he remembers what happened to it next time I talk to him. Hopefully Mark or Larry have some idea on where to go from here. :P
  6. Sunoo

Does that picture of the power board show anything? Is there anything else I should look at?
  7. Sunoo

Okay, I got the best pictures I could of that board. If there is some specific part of it you need to see, I may be able to get a better picture of just that.
  8. Sunoo

The serial number is TE3739881. I'll get the perforated shield off tomorrow and get a photo of the board inside there.
  9. Sunoo

I had swapped the fuses a while back, because it was simple enough to do, no change occurred. Can you tell me where that board is? I still have the top and bottom off, so I could take a picture quickly. I will say that no caps appeared leaky or bulging though, and the only thing out of place...
  10. Sunoo

I couldn't really see whether what I was doing helped, but I cleaned the speaker switch with DeOxit, haven't heard the issue yet, but it is intermittent, so it's hard to say. I just remembered though, didn't someone say that headphones don't go through that speaker switch? When the issue...
  11. Sunoo

Thanks for your input on the power board. I guess I'll ignore that then, even though it looks pretty toasted. I haven't actually used Deoxit on the switches yet. I'll to that this afternoon if I can figure out how to get at them. I'm not really sure what you mean by "ohm out" either...
  12. Sunoo

Okay, so I procrastinated a bit more before leaving (though now I really have to). I took the bottom off, and there doesn't seem to be any way of pinching the connector for the jack, it's all sealed inside plastic. While I was in the unit, I looked around for any obvious bad caps, and didn't...
  13. Sunoo

Okay, that was quick. I already got the problem back. Even with the wires crossed, the issue stayed in the left speaker. Not sure what this means, but I'd appreciate any guidance. I guess it could still be the jack for the left main in, which I'll try cleaning once I'm back. Could it be anything...
  14. Sunoo

I'm halfway out the door for the weekend, so I'll try cleaning those out with qtips when I get back. However, I just had the problem occur with the RCA cable, so i guess I had just been lucky until now. I've now wired it backwards (left pre-out to right main in, etc) again, and will try to see...
  15. Sunoo

The Deoxit I ordered came in today. I cleaned the pre out / main in jacks and jumpers and put them back in, and the problem came back. For the past few days, I had RCA cables instead of the jumper, and hadn't noticed any issue, but I also hadn't used it as often. Does that make any sense to...
  16. Sunoo

Pictorial how to: LED tuner bulbs in SX-x2x (727 used)

Thanks, I'll do that. Is it worth changing the tuner needle out if mine still works? I haven't been able to find any information on how that one is. It doesn't even seem to be listed in the service manual.
  17. Sunoo

I'll have to figure out what to replace those with at some point. I searched around and it sounds like people on here used to sell kits, but everyone I saw mentioned seems to be gone.
  18. Sunoo

That's a useful site, thanks for the link. I brought up the repair manual for the SX-626 ( http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sx-626.shtml ), and that does seem to show a part number for the stereo indicator, though the exploded view seems to indicate that it's the same bulb as the...
  19. Sunoo

Yamaha HTR-5550 Volume Knob Broken

I had already ordered some Deoxit to help with some issues I was having on another receiver. It'll be here tomorrow, so I'll give this a shot then.
  20. Sunoo

I suppose at only $7, it's worth giving them a shot. I've got the SX-626 though, so no dimmer there. I thought I saw something about the stereo light being different from the input indicator lights, but I might be wrong there. My stereo light, the needle light, and the VU light are all...
  21. Sunoo

He said right at the top of his write up: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KUI13C6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
  22. Sunoo

This is the most helpful write up I've seen on this so far, thanks. I've heard some complaints about some LEDs being too bright, have you noticed that at all with the ones you linked to? Also, do you have any experience replacing the current input indicator lights? Several of those are out on...
  23. Sunoo

I found a YouTube video with the same problem on a similar model. I guess I'll try that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-t4G1mo5Q
  24. Sunoo

I have a Yamaha HTR-5550 that has a wonky volume knob. It works fine from the remote, but if you turn the knob, it just flickers back and forth between about 1dB up and down. I know this receiver is nothing special, but it would be nice to get this part working again if I could.
  25. Sunoo

At the risk of speaking too soon, I think that was the culprit. I replaced the jumpers with a set of RCA cables, and so far the issue hasn't popped back up. They were pretty grimy looking. I should probably still pick up some Deoxit and clean a lot of this stuff up, but so far, so good.
Back
Top Bottom