Search results

1. AnalogueBen

NAD 3020 LED

Anybody able to share a mouser or other vendor link for one?? TIA!
  2. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

My plans have slightly changed.. Instead of putting everything in a shipping container and sending to not exactly anywhere, I'll istead rent a humidity controlled storage unit locally while I find my next property to purchase, this allows me to gradually pack up my equipment and everything else...
  3. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

I had considered that, but since I'm buying an affordable motorhome as an interim home/vacation setup I doubt I'll have spare space - luckily I can chose a boombox from my collection to satisfy my audio needs. I'm hopeful that if I can keep out the moisture and pests, keep everything properly...
  4. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

Much appreciated are the replys... I will certainly cushion well and at least double box - I'll do the packing myself. Each box will, at this stage in the planning, get silica bags to absorb moisture. I will afix moisture absorbing containers throughout the container that can be periodically...
  5. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

I was also thinking about the silica bags, putting some in each box. I think some kitty litter is silica, not sure if it's the same and/or as effective to remove moisture. Rice perhaps? Depending on a few factors I may be able to access the container from time to time, this could allow me...
  6. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

The vacuum bags would be ideal, but I don't think possible for the size and amount I will need, could be good for some of my other items tho. Thanks for this tip.
  7. AnalogueBen

Equipment storage advice

Hey AK, I'll soon be selling my house and relocating, I have accumulated a bit of gear over the years and this will all have to go into a shipping container until I buy the next house. This might take anywhere up to 12 months to find what I'm looking for. All of my SS gear, speakers and...
  8. AnalogueBen

AU-111 Seperate Tuner?

Aren't they just eye catching pieces! :bowdown: Thanks for the photos, Sansuiman Now on the look out for an AU-111 to compliment my TU-777!:rflmao:
  9. AnalogueBen

AU-111 Seperate Tuner?

@BLAH BLAH, the TU-555 has a smaller footprint, it sits about an inch lower than the TU-777 thus matching better with AU-222/AU-555
  10. AnalogueBen

AU-111 Seperate Tuner?

The TU-777 paired with AU-111 is a great suggestion, close in production date as well as the aesthetics. Yep, would be nice to see pics of that setup when time allows. I snapped up a TU-777 to go with my AU-777 and AU-222, but it doesn't sound too healthy, I'll also need to invest time into...
  11. AnalogueBen

AU-111 Seperate Tuner?

Yeah it is a pity, would have looked exceptional as a pair. Probably because it was a departure from their early receiver period that a separate tuner wasn't a big thing as the "integrated" was.
  12. AnalogueBen

AU-111 Seperate Tuner?

Just curious as to whether there was a matching tuner for the 111? Cheers
  13. AnalogueBen

Sansui power cords

I've tried a cord upgrade in the past. I can tell you there was a change in sound, that's a certainty. I tried two new different cords and went back to the original because it sounds just fine, and what I was used to hearing too. The way I look at it is, the cord is very much a part of the...
  14. AnalogueBen

Sansui au-555a flying saucer transistor replacement

I throw in a suggestion for Toshiba TTC004B/TTA004B. Very happy with their sonic performance. Looking at mouser and digikey these may be on order..
  15. AnalogueBen

Sansui au-222

The 222 is pure bliss, even in stock form. I eventually rebuild mine and found that at first I wasn't sure I'd done the right thing! But from a few tweeks it's very pleasing now how it ended up. Its only real downside is that you don't have many inputs that are true line in, they go via the...
  16. AnalogueBen

Sansui AU-666 repair and restore thread

The first capacitor at the input on the phono stage is C601/C602, on the schematic that is a 0.47uf Mylar/polyester capacitor. I'm hoping this is what you were wanting to know? As for capacitance of the cables, not tried to find that myself.
  17. AnalogueBen

^There you go folks Thanks John!
  18. AnalogueBen

I watched the video, I would need to watch it another time because he makes errors in identifying volts and miliamps to us. He also mentioned towards the end, to use either the F005 & F006 (left side fuses). Yes, they are connected with the NPN outputs but I would prefer to keep with the service...
  19. AnalogueBen

With the au666 the devil is in the details! The meter does not go across the fuse terminals, as some others do. Please refer to post #63 where I outline the process and show photos. Then it will be best to start your own thread for your unit. Cheers
  20. AnalogueBen

Sansui 210 query

Yeah, we've still got our AM stations. Shame that this little beauty is lacking FM, which is rather unusual and somewhat a downside.
  21. AnalogueBen

Sansui 210 query

Great detective work, Trw. I had a small inkling that A could have been for Australia.
  22. AnalogueBen

Sansui 210 query

Not sure exactly and nor can I find info about the A, I'll guess we'll soon find out!
  23. AnalogueBen

Sansui 210 query

Guys, this thread got me thinking about a 210A that was for sale locally in fantastic condition, so I ended up purchasing it. It's yet to arrive but it will be used for a bedroom system in place of my au101 and au222, paired with some mint AR7's that never go loud. Will post a few pics soon...
  24. AnalogueBen

̶A̶U̶ BA-888

AU-88 :no:
  25. AnalogueBen

Sansui AU-666 Transistor Substitute? F-1231 Driver/Bias PCBs.

TTA004B/TTC004B make excellent substitutes for the UFO's. The bias transistor can be subbed with a KSC1815.
Back
Top Bottom