Search results

1. L

My humble little systems

Quite the collection.
  2. L

Hi end !

A little polish and power cord, and you're good to go.
  3. L

Best Vintage Preamp

A rebuilt Dynaco Pas-3 is an obvious match for your ST-70. '90s Counterpoint '90s Pass Labs Aleph P is a stunner Vintage Conrad Johnson and Audio Research are also worth considering.
  4. L

1990s Power Amplifiers

My '90s Pass Labs Aleph 30 was a stunner and is well missed.
  5. L

Which speakers did you decide to buy back / buy again?

I've had lots of great speakers but these two were stand outs...Klipsch Forte and Altec Model 15.
  6. L

Pioneer flea market find. My first system. I’m hooked.

Don't get too hooked on flea markets. There will be long periods of drought when you can't find anything good...like years for me.
  7. L

MAC 4100 solid walnut wood case done

beautiful workmanship
  8. L

I love anything arts and crafts w/ quarter-sawn oak.
  9. L

Show us your cartridges and/or tonearms!

Nothing out of the ordinary for me. Rudimentary Thorens TD203 turntable w/ their TP82 uni-pivot tonearm and an Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge.
  10. L

Help identify this cartridge

Looks like a Stanton to me, from owning a 681EE that I had in the '70s. Or Pickering. I somehow remember they were the same.
  11. L

Wonderful! I don't know vintage equipment very well, but that looks like a TOTL model. Now a matching vintage Pioneer turntable to complete your '70s system. And a little bluetooth receiver to hide behind it, so you can stream from your phone. Your mission arts & crafts of quarter-sawn oak desk...
  12. L

What CD Player Do You Use?

Excellent! Rotel user here. I like one in black if they make such a player.
  13. L

Pics of your listening space

Latest version of listening space...the subject of this thread (not system close-ups).
  14. L

Pics of your listening space

I'm jealous. A hi-end system in a beautiful home. Couldn't you turn the sofa 90 degrees to face the speakers or put a club chair facing the speakers?
  15. L

What's on your FM tuner right now?

Christmas music
  16. L

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

FM is my most used source on a Rotel or Denon stereo receiver. Usually classical or Christian FM. No jazz FM near me.
  17. L

Vintage McIntosh/Marantz FM reception very poor when compared to slightly newer Digital Yamaha - antenna help please

I had a MR77 tuner that sounded great, almost CD-like. High end tuners usually need a good antenna because sound performance is emphasized over selectivity. It may also need a re-build and/or adjustment.
  18. L

Looking for a small CD player for use on my desk

It doesn't meet your criteria of 16 bit DAC w/o oversampling. Here's a list of players w/ 1541 DAC. https://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/Overview-Philips-TDA1541-based-cdplayers/ Also look at the 1543 16bit DAC too.
  19. L

Agreed, this may be the ticket for the OP...small, cheap, and digital output for a DAC.
  20. L

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

I don't know the music, but thats a great stereo system.
  21. L

Vintage Linn Mimik CD players can be had for nice prices on eBay. These players are know to have an analogue sound, as Linn tried to emulate the LP12 turntable sound. I had the Karak III and can testify that this was Linn's trademark with their CDPs. BTW, their players have switchable...
  22. L

'Is there a small footprint CD player I can put on my desk that's not going to break the bank?' I don't know what your bank is, to break it. But this is a modern CDP with a non-oversampling DAC. https://www.audionote.co.uk/cd-zero
  23. L

Which piece of gear do you most regret selling?

I have a few regrets, but life has moved on. I couldn't keep them all. Now I own mid-fi gear. :) Pass Labs Aleph 30 power amp Thorens TD125 mkII w/ SME 3009 improved arm Linn Karik III cdp and Klout power amp McIntosh Mac 4380 receiver AES DJH Signature preamp Classe CA100 power amp Consonance...
  24. L

I need some GOOD advice regarding a "CD player/transport device" made by TASCAM...

Ron, Surely there has to be a Best Buy in your area to purchase from a store: Top rated Yamaha single disc player https://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-cd-s303-cd-player-with-built-in-dac-black/6492935.p?skuId=6492935 Onkyo multi-disc player...
Back
Top Bottom