Search results

1. H/K crazy

H/K 3500 won't change functions, stuck on tape1, 2, and video.

Hi, A good friend brought me a H/K 3500 receiver. Problem is it's stuck on function tape 1, 2 and video. Both red and green LED's a lit all the time.on these three functions Trying to choose any other function will not change. Has anyone seen this problem on this particular model and does anyone...
  2. H/K crazy

Yamaha TX-400U Tuner Station Memory not storing programs.

I have a TX-400U Natural Sound tuner that no longer holds the programmed stations in . When powered up, it does not play the last station listened to when it was last powered up. Most of the time it displays 1010 AM, a station that has not even been programed into it's program memory. I figure...
  3. H/K crazy

The C11 Preamp: How does one connect headphones?

I finished resurrecting my friends C11 preamp. He now wants to hook it up to headphones and he went and bought he Little Bear B10 headphone preamplifier adapter. How should it go about connecting it if he even should. I have seen a few good reviews about their B4-X on the interweb. Thanks in...
  4. H/K crazy

C11 McIntosh preamp lighting problem.

Now that I got my friend's C11 up and running there is just one problem left to resolve. The lights don't work. Tried both the original filament type bulbs that all tested good and the LED replacements that he purchased. I get voltage readings at the sockets, I tightened the sockets to assure...
  5. H/K crazy

McIntosh C11 mod. instructions needed.

I have a McIntosh C11 preamp and want to install a mod kit purchased on ebay. It is a mod kit for a complete re-capping, and power supply up-grade. It didn't come with instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  6. H/K crazy

Koss HV-1A restoration.

I dug my old Koss HV-1A's out and the foam ear pads which I already replace some 20+ years ago are crumbling like the first ones did..I was never a fan of the foam pads. Are there another Koss ear pad that is not foam that I can replace them with ?. I checked with Koss and they are out of stock...
  7. H/K crazy

Looking for 8" surrounds for Jamo 20383 (707) woofers.

Does anyone know who sells surround kits for Jamo 20383 found in model 707??. If I'm not mistaken, these drivers were made by Peerless in Denmark. Has anyone re-foamed these drivers? and what did you use. I sent Rick Cobb an email to see if he has something compatible with the same compliance.
  8. H/K crazy

Help needed in repairing a Marantz 2226B.

I am fixing a 2226B for a friend. It has an open junction (base to collector) on one of the 2SB671 output transistors. As most know, these "batwing" are now obsolete. I have seen some online but question the source since I try to avoid possible Chinese counterfeit knockoffs. I have read here on...
  9. H/K crazy

What could cause pitch adjustment problems on a Dual 505-1?

I looked at a friends Dual 505-1 and changed the main drive belt that had become a bit worn out. It played well afterwards at my place, but after a few plays at her place, she claims to be having pitch control issues. Should I have replaced the teethed belt related to the pitch control too? What...
  10. H/K crazy

AKG P8ES cartridge problems.

I had not used my AKG P8ES cartridge for some time and when I took it out the other day, and installed it on my tone arm, I was shocked at the low ouput distorted sound that came from using it. It's a good thing that I have separate head shells for my cartridges and was able to switch back to...
  11. H/K crazy

Need a power transformer for a H/K 380i

Does anyone happen to have a power transformer for a parted out h/k 380i receiver that they would be willing to part with?
  12. H/K crazy

A Book For Fans Of JBL Speakers.

This may not be breaking news for most fans of JBL speakers, but I just thought I would put this up on AK. I just received by mail, a copy of THE JBL Story; 60 years of audio innovation by John M Eargle. As someone who worked for and loves JBL's, I found the book very interesting and...
  13. H/K crazy

Question to all you JBL heads out there........

I purchased (from Amazon) the book that came out a few years back about JBL's speakers and I'm waiting delivery. To anyone who has or has seen this book, what are your comments about it? Hopefully it's worth the wait.
  14. H/K crazy

Opinions about Pioneer SX-980.

Someone gave me a next to mint condition Pioneer SX-980 stereo receive that they picked up at an estate sale / clearing. I'd like to hear opinions about these receivers and what I could expect to get for it if I decide to let it go. I will split the amount with my generous friend! Thanks in...
  15. H/K crazy

Looking for a FM multiplex i.c.chip supplier.

I'm having problems hunting down a replacement FM multiplex chip for my tuner. The NTE / ECG number is NTE722 to replace a MC1307P 14 pin dip. Does anyone know of any parts distributor who carries FM multiplex I.C's???
  16. H/K crazy

Need help locating a FM multiplex I.C.

I am having a hard time trying to find a FM multiplex chip for my tuner. It's NTE / ECG replacement number is NTE722. The original part # is MC1307P, and it can be replaced by the following; LM1307M, ULN2128, UPC767DC and SN76113N. It's a 14 pin dip type. If anyone knows of any other replacement...
  17. H/K crazy

Your thoughts about PSB Alpha speakers.

I picked up a pair of PSB Alpha speakers last weekend for $15. There is no model number on the back, just says "the amazing Alphas". They have a black wood grain finish and black grills. The grills have some white paint and what appears to be candle wax on them. I spent about one hour removing...
  18. H/K crazy

looking for a dial pointer bulb for an H/K 630 (Twin Power)

I can't seem to find a dial pointer bulb for my Harman Kardon 630 . Is there a simple LED modification to replace these bulbs?
Back
Top Bottom