Search results

1. Sounds Good!

Bobby Darin Would Have Been Bigger and Better Than Frank Sinatra

When Bobby started singing American Standards, Sinatra was not pleased. He wanted Bobby to stick to Rock 'N' Roll. I have been listening to more and more of Bobby's crooner work: More, Always, and Beyond the Sea. The remastered version of More is superb: beautiful lyrics, great band, and Bobby's...
  2. Sounds Good!

Garage System Help: Driving Four CSW Tower 1s - Luxman R117 or Two Heathkit AA-1640 Amps+

Let me start by stating that I would rather not use the two Heathkit amps (in tandem with a modern receiver with two pre-outs) as that is a lot of iron to haul out to the garage. I'd much rather use the R-117, and I understand that it can handle 2 ohm loads (the Tower 1s are 4 ohm but I'll be...
  3. Sounds Good!

Help Me Configure My Garage System

I am almost exclusively a vintage 2-channel solid state collector. I have many 1970s monster receivers and fair number of vintage NE-made speakers. All of that stuff is in my house and office. Last fall we built a new four-car, two-story garage: 24'w x 42'd, 12' ceilings. I am looking to...
  4. Sounds Good!

Kevin D: The George Washington on AK's Pony Express Version of Mount Rushmore

For the second time in the last three years, Kevin D has delivered precious vintage cargo from Chicago to Boston, for me. This time it was a pair of beautifully restored AR3A's. Last time it was an Onkyo TX-8500 II, which I bought from Anthony (AK user name bandg69). In between Kevin's two PE's...
  5. Sounds Good!

Help: Need Audio Cabinet Wide and Deep Enough for Vintage Monster Receivers

I have spent countless hours searching the internet for an audio cabinet for my office. The shelves need to be at least 24" wide and 24" deep. I would like it to be 5' or taller and a locking door would help. Why is everything so narrow and shallow? Thanks in advance. Sounds Good!
  6. Sounds Good!

ADS CM7s

Good afternoon fellow AKers, I am into vintage audio about four years, but I have become a big fan of ADS speakers. I have five pairs of ADS: L570s (office system with Nakamichi 410/420/430), L810s, L880s, 910s, and the very recently acquired CM7s. I can't find much on the CM7s. I know they...
  7. Sounds Good!

New Bern, NC to MA or NH

This request is not for audio equipment, but rather for two front passenger seats for a Shelby. I would be willing to pay for pickup and delivery. PM me if interested. Thanks, Mike
  8. Sounds Good!

"Taylor Player" = Great AK Member

I recently purchased some beautiful equipment from Daren (aka AK member Taylor Player). Not only did he deliver it to Frankenfest, but due to my back problems, he was kind enough to put it in my car. A real gentleman and someone in whom you can place your trust. Thanks Daren! Mike
  9. Sounds Good!

Cos Cob, CT to Frankenfest (Sutton, MA)

Looking for a ride for A Luxman R117 to Frankenfest on March 10. Thanks, Mike
  10. Sounds Good!

AK Member Builds Highly Regarded Speakers

I've been hanging around AK for a few years now, and I've gotten to know a handful of members outside of AK. Brian Salazar (aka AK member baco99) has been my speaker mentor for a couple of years. Brian's a great guy and a speaker guru, so much so that he is producing his own line of speakers...
  11. Sounds Good!

Rotel RX 2002 Receiver: No sound from right channel in stereo mode

I'm getting sound from both speakers in mono so I know it's not the speaker terminal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  12. Sounds Good!

Cos Cob, CT to Groton, MA (or maybe to Newington, CT)

I was lucky enough to find a very generous AKer that got my Onkyo TX 8500 II from Chicago to MA, I thought I'd try a shorter Pony. I bought a Rotel R-117 from a fellow AKer, and I'm looking for a Pony from Cos Cob, CT to Groton, MA or, if I can't find someone to bring it all the way to Groton...
  13. Sounds Good!

Cleveland or Western PA to MA or NH, After the Holidays

I have a fellow Aker who can get my parcel from Chicago to either Cleveland or Western PA around Christmas/New Year's. It's getting closer! So now I'm wondering if there's someone who might be in the Cleveland or Western PA area who may be coming to MA or NH after the holidays. I think of this...
  14. Sounds Good!

Holy Craigslist Crap, Batman!

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ele/d/very-large-stereo-system/6394285635.html
  15. Sounds Good!

Chicago to Massachusetts or NH by Christmas

Dear Fellow AKers, I am hoping to complete a deal on a monster receiver with a fellow AK member, and the seller is in the Chicago area and I am in north central MA. Can certainly meet within a couple of hours. Thanks and happy holidays, Mike
  16. Sounds Good!

baco99 = Great AKer and Craftsman

baco99 AKA Brian Salazar is a speaker manufacturer and a superb craftsman. I purchase a pair Yamaha NS500s, a pair of EPI 202s, and a Yamaha YP-D8, which formerly belonged to Frank (of Frankenfest fame). His Holt Hill Audio speakers are amazing. You'll be hearing a lot more about Brian, I'm sure.
  17. Sounds Good!

yotems - Great AKer/Seller

Bought a beautiful Rotel receiver from yotems. Better than described. Could not be happier.
  18. Sounds Good!

MATT0404 = Great Seller

Bought a TEAC DAC from MATT0404. It was a great product at a great price. Matt actually gave me a better price than I offered.
  19. Sounds Good!

My CL Boston Score: Sonab OA-116s and Tandberg TR-2075

Well, this never happens to me. Until today. I did my usual CL search and a new listing came up for the subject equipment. I called, assuming they were long gone, and to my surprise they were still available. I agreed to the asking price and started the hour drive. I arrived at the given address...
  20. Sounds Good!

Looking for Help Picking Up Speakers in Gathersburg, MD Area

Dear Fellow Akers, I am negotiating on a pair of very large speakers in the Gathersburg area. My challenge is I am in MA and may not be able to get down to MD in the time-frame the seller requires. I was hoping there might be a willing fellow AKer (with a friend and a strong back) who might be...
  21. Sounds Good!

Seventh Mustang is the Best to Date

It was time for a new summer car, and I wanted to upgrade the 2011 Mustang GT convertible. I think I did it. This car is righteous.
  22. Sounds Good!

AR3as and . . . wait . . . what's that?

So I answered a CL add about an all original pair of unmolested one-owner AR3as. Auditioned them and they sounded great. One of the pots was not working but otherwise all is good. Owner was asking $550. I knew they needed a little work, so I offered $350. Seller was not interested. I was still...
  23. Sounds Good!

What Are They Worth: Classe DR-6 Pre-Amp & DR-15 Amp

These are in mint condition and from the original owner. How do they stack up and what are they worth? thanks, Mike
  24. Sounds Good!

Stupidhead: Outstanding

I am a new member, here, but I had the pleasure of meeting Stupidhead Geoff. I bought a pair of AR 2axs that he lovingly and expertly restored. Geoff invited me to his home and spent the better part of two hours educating me and demonstrating the speakers. I'm honored to own them and pleased to...
  25. Sounds Good!

Looking for Help Building a Modest, Vintage System

My introduction to and love for stereo equipment started in 1975 when my dad bought a Pioneer Quadraphonic stereo system, at Lechmere, as a family Christmas present. I remember listening to the system late Christmas night, by myself, and my mom came down to listen with me. I was playing...
Back
Top Bottom