Search results

1. Audible Nectar

12AX7 or 12AX7A?

If it says "Telefunken" the "A" does not matter :cool:
  2. Audible Nectar

RIP Terry DeWick

He was SUCH an easy guy to talk to. He showed you the world of this stuff if you showed an interest, and he did it like breathing. No matter what a given hobbyist's or participant's angle, conversations with Terry always brought out purpose and understanding of just why we are into this in the...
  3. Audible Nectar

If I'm going to be in the Binghamton/Vestal area....

OK, that's interesting to say the least. Got my ticket and hotel package arranged for the weekend at Bethel Woods, gonna see how soon I can get out there ahead of that weekend. See if I can shoehorn an extra day as I might need it in Vestal/Bing.....
  4. Audible Nectar

When you say "they" are you referring to Mac factory or AC?
  5. Audible Nectar

I'm sure the spellcheck took over, LOL. I know better than that but didn't catch it. It also wants to make every time I spell "weekend" into The Weeknd so I guess this "artificial intelligence" is sorta like "common sense" :-)
  6. Audible Nectar

Yeah, once the tour announce comes and the tickets drop/are secured we'll go about the food research project, so we have a head start on that :-). We're always looking to eat where the locals go. Apparently the Speidie and Rib Pit is the place to go? Gonna be looking for an AM (breakfast) spot too.
  7. Audible Nectar

Hmmm, OK, so maybe a quick stop for a selfie and maybe a store item without being too much of a PITA....figured that was about right, not really a "tourist stop", AC seems to fit that bill more for the "better look" and "all eras" sort of angles..... .....but I did figure that the "gift shop"...
  8. Audible Nectar

As luck would have it, the stars are FINALLY aligning over a trip we've "had in the barrel" for a long time - seeing "the right band" at Bethel Woods Center For The Arts, and along with that, a visit to our Mac brethren. So in the initial planning, I set up a reservation arriving the night...
  9. Audible Nectar

Supply Chain Woes and Search Engine Blues

Oh, I dunno, I found a Klipsch guy as obsessed about resistors as I am and actually found some answers and conducted some experiments that actually shed some light on the problem, at least in some sense. So it's not a total loss. As for your Google issue, I would suggest trying DuckDuckGo.
  10. Audible Nectar

Season’s Greetings!

I had a really good Christmas Eve and Day. I finally got an electrically secure FrankenL-Pad installed in the Cornwalls (it looks absolutely awful and I would be banned if I showed it to you, about as pathetic as a Grinch rig in looks) but this, plus a parallel resistor and change of tap on the...
  11. Audible Nectar

Replace L Pad with high quality resistor?

I'm about to do this. Tried other non-L-pad attenuation methods and no likey - cheap resistance equals raspy edge that's actually worse than the tweeters playing unattenuated (at least it's clean). So I am perusing the best stated for the purpose - was suggested I use the Mills non-inductive...
  12. Audible Nectar

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

There is no more significant upgrade opportunity than you have right here, at least within the framework of a Forte cabinet. The upgrade will be noticeable, and that's a BIG deal, because how many audio manufacturers can send someone a kit to swap parts and get a full fledged upgrade in the...
  13. Audible Nectar

1980 CW ones - very happy camper

The Cornwall was always "The Minimum Standard" within the Klipsch line that really made me happy. The one inch throat on the midrange, and a box dimension that's just a natural for a full sized loudspeaker make these an absolute winner. I built a theater out of them for a reason - they are just...
  14. Audible Nectar

Sound signature - Vintage vs Modern?

......but they all do, whether they want to admit it or not - it is because it's "sound equipment" and no matter how good it is, it carries with it those "descriptive" qualities. One thing Mac has ALWAYS done well is getting the tonality right (which carries with it a "lack of coloration"). It's...
  15. Audible Nectar

Sound signature - Vintage vs Modern?

YES, the new gear has a much more detailed presentation, in fact there have been a number of "step by step progressions" since the 4100 era that has led Mac to a much more detailed sound. It still has that "iron fist in a velvet glove" aspect, but it is MUCH more modern sounding at the same time.
  16. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

I begged and begged and begged for an opinion on the McIntosh MC255 and couldn't get one. I couldn't get much detail on the MC205 either, which was a very popular piece for Mc over the 10+ years that was built. In the end I negotiated a deal on an MC255 such that if I did end up having to sell...
  17. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

I found the Klipsch forum before Google even existed, using a search engine like Lycos or Excite to run a search on the Klipsch Cornwall. If you ask most today where they might find a similar function or group the younger would look to other forms of social media. Forums were social media before...
  18. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

I don't think it's a question of forum category, it's a question of interest. If you had divided forums for Mac, as an example, I doubt much that they would be busy. I also think that the "forum" format is "an older person" thing. This format popularized itself some 20ish years ago, the...
  19. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

I would also add that this forum just tends to focus on used/rebuilt stuff. Just like there's not much talk on NEW Mac gear in the Mac forum. Mostly it's vintage and rebuilds over there as it is here on the Klipsch Korner.
  20. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

In MY HT room, NINE 15" woofers smile at you and work in tandem to provide bass as effortless as any I have heard in any system anywhere. I think it is because I have distributed the low end across ALL of those drivers that makes it such that no ONE driver has to do all of the work. It's not...
  21. Audible Nectar

Speaker pairing with McIntosh?

Pretty much any of the high efficiency compression driver/horn setups (like Klipsch, JBL, Altec, as well as any reasonably well modded versions of the same). Mac always matched up great with that stuff and made me a fan of the brand. I've heard people say the exact same but just substituting...
  22. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

It's like owning a Lambo, just something I would never do or need. I don't understand anyone who owns one of those either, all you get is pulled over (just ask rich tourists in Cali who rent these). For the SPECIFIC person with the RIGHT SPACE and ENDLESS MONEY TO BLOW, yeah, sure. Re the...
  23. Audible Nectar

new Klipsch Jubilee

I took my four sets of 1960s and 70s Heritage cabs (three Cornwalls, one Belle Klipsch) and rebuilt them with all new modern parts. New drivers, new crossovers, new wiring, and because these cabs all use the same mids, tweeters, AND woofers, I just bought another driver set (fifth set) as a...
  24. Audible Nectar

Sad Meeting Today

:jump:
  25. Audible Nectar

Nothing Beats a Good Horn

I don't think they are that high, even with recent increases I don't think they are much over $160 each. Biggest issue with Klipsch is they want serials before selling them to you, you will have to jump through that hoop first. Not a problem for most but is a requirement.
Back
Top Bottom