Search results

1. 1mike161

RT-909 Level Problem

My RT-909 has a problem where the output on the L channel during FWD Play drops by two meter segments on an intermittent basis. The problem is cleared by pausing and un-pausing playback. Reversing play direction (FWD to REV then REV to FWD) also clears the problem. I have confirmed this by...
  2. 1mike161

Amplifer Wave Form Problem

I am trying to build a kit AM/FM radio and I have run into something strange after completing the amplifier section. The output wave form is not symmetrical. It doesn't look like clipping to me either. It looks like the push/pull transistors don't have enough current to complete the wave...
  3. 1mike161

Hello!

Hello, my name is Mike. I joined AK in September of 2015 and since then I have gotten a lot of help and information from the site. I am an audio and electronics buff with lots of Pioneer gear from 1970's & 1980's -- mainly Spec series and blue fluorescent components. I think my system sounds...
  4. 1mike161

Recording Problem Pioneer CT-F950

I am experiencing a recording problem with a Pioneer CT-F950 tape deck. The recorded level on the left channel is significantly less (about half) than the recorded level on the right channel. Obviously I can compensate for this with the input level control, but I would prefer to fix the...
  5. 1mike161

Pioneer CT-F950 Bias Problem

My Pioneer CT-F950 is not recording properly on the Left channel. The recorded level of the left channel is significantly less than that of the right. I think I have traced the problem to the bias amp. I determined that the recording signal is good (balanced on all tape types and across many...
  6. 1mike161

Hello!

Hello, my name is Mike. I joined AK in September of 2015 and since then I have gotten a lot of help and information from the site. I am an audio and electronics buff with lots of Pioneer gear from 1970's & 1980's -- mainly Spec series and blue fluorescent components. I think my system sounds...
  7. 1mike161

Pioneer CT-F950 Recording Problem

My Pioneer CT-F950 has developed a problem when recording onto chrome (CrO2) tapes and with the tape selection switch set to chrome. The recorded level on the left channel is significantly less (about half) than the recorded level on the right channel. The problem does not occur with metal...
  8. 1mike161

Correcting Display Instability and Speed Issues: DT Timers

The following instructions describe how to solve display instability (mode flicker) and clock speed accuracy problems that can occur with Pioneer DT series timers. These problems are due to failing internal resistors of the MN6076 clock chip. The solution is to add four 10K Ohm 1/8 Watt...
  9. 1mike161

Pioneer DT-510 Display Flickering

My Pioneer DT-510 timer has developed a problem where the display segments flicker between the actual time and 12:00 am. I read several posts that blame a failing zener diode (diode 8 - MZ150) for this phenomenon. I found a good substitute (15 volt .5 watt) for the diode and installed it, but...
  10. 1mike161

Capacitor Coupling?

I have a Pioneer TX-9500ii tuner with both variable and fixed line output. The negative side of the output terminals are tied to ground. And, the negative side of the output terminals are also coupled the ground with a 0.04 microfarad 50V ceramic capacitor. What is the purpose of this...
  11. 1mike161

Pioneer SPEC-1 Missing Loudness Function

I am considering the purchase of a Pioneer SPEC-1 preamp. I have discovered that one of my favorite preamp features, Loudness, is not included in the SPEC-1's functionality. Does anybody know of a work around? Maybe Loudness can be simulated with EQ or maybe a circuit modification can be...
Back
Top Bottom