Search results

1. bbpdoubleb

Mc 2105

we will get it on bench and total recap, transistors, etc...
  2. bbpdoubleb

Mc 2105

I have a slight buzz in left speaker with no volume on, is there a certain thing in these amps to look for when we open it up? also the left meter reads higher than the right. Thx Bill
  3. bbpdoubleb

4311 monitor question

Hello All, I am going to overhaul my 4311's, question is I have heard the polarity for the 3 speakers are different, the woofer has the neg wire going to the positive on the speaker and the mid and tweeter are wired normal with positive wire going to positive on speaker. Is this so? Thx Bill
  4. bbpdoubleb

jbl l65 jubal vs. jbl l100

I have had them all---L 100's, 4311,4312----------butt the Jubal is the JEWELL! I have mine on custom stands that I built with sand in 4 tubes, 20 x 20 base and tops, 22" off the floor, running a macintosh 2105, nothing like it!!:rockon:
  5. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

yes we know about the 1 pin off and always make sure it is correct, we will pull the new npn's and pnp's again and get it on DBT and start checking again!
  6. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

We checked the grounds, find nothing, unit still comes out of protection for 15 seconds and then goes back into protection and DBT stays dim while this all happens---unit will not come out of protection with F-2624 out of it, wentover the 2624 found a couple questionable cold solder joints but...
  7. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

We will check that out! Thank You Kevzep!
  8. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

one other thing if I remember right, with the board in and on DBT , the DBT would go bright (charging caps and then dim) when it came out of protection and green for 20 seconds and then back in protection (red blinking) the DBT would stay dim!! Does this tell us anything?
  9. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Everything on the board was replaced earlier this year, metal film resistors, caps, transistors--- we even took them back out on bench, rechecked them and soldered back in---if I remember right last weekend the blue wire had -64 when turned on with red light flashing and when red light stopped...
  10. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Ok, we checked all TR's and they are good---we went over the F 2624 again but cant find anything, I'm with you I think we need to thourghly check out the protection board--caps, resistors, etc... if I need a new relay what is the make and # that will fit right in there? I have one that I...
  11. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Ok Hyperion, will do!
  12. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Okay we removed all output transisters and cleaned all of artic silver off good ,installed new micas, put new white grease but is still doing the same, turn on and it comes out of protection with green light on for about 20 seconds then starts flashing red?? we metered the blue and gray wires on...
  13. bbpdoubleb

Best Sounding Sansui Speakers

I have had at least 12 pair of sansui's, including the famous SP-5500's, but the ones I love are the SP-3200's a bigger version of the SP-2700 they are incredible!!
  14. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

This is what they said on Artic Silver web site: While much safer than silver greases engineered for high electrical conductivity, Arctic Silver thermal compound should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. The compound is slightly capacitive and could cause problems if it...
  15. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

I don't know, but when it happens I turn it off within seconds---maybe not enough time for it to burn off??
  16. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

We will clean everything good with alcohol!
  17. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Hyperion, then this could very well cause what is happening then couldn't it? Comes on plays for short time and then Pow! the outputs are shorting, this happens on both channels!
  18. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Okay guys we replaced the red dots with the 2 1n4148 in series, no go, amp comes on plays for 30 seconds and goes into protection and starts buzzing/screeching thru speakers still. When we got thru with this in the spring and got it going we put all new MJ outputs in, we used Artic Silver...
  19. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Thanks transfmr--- we will open her up this weekend and let you know, I don't think we recap the power supply, but if we didn't we will ! Bill
  20. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Thanks Pete and will do, have the DBT from last fall when going thru this amp with you guys help! But why after working so good for the 2 month period or more would this do this all of sudden ? I hope this did not blow up my 4311 jbl monitors I had on the B side which was on when starting...
  21. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

yes, I do and will be back when we get her apart! Thx
  22. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

I believe it was one of the bias, anyway we put both of them in when we was about done with our 3 month ordeal on this.
  23. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Yes we did both and even put new ones in, one would not adjust
  24. bbpdoubleb

Help on the 9090db

Hello All, I was on here quite awhile back with blown resisters, outputs etc... after lengthy time got all going, installed new MJ's even when done--it worked good for a couple months and then did not have on for awhile, one day 2 weeks ago turned it on put cd in and went outside for a second...
  25. bbpdoubleb

Sansui 9090db

Yes and we did have it off the DBT, the new outputs are on the way, will dial down the bias when we put the new MJ's in and go from there! Thx Bill
Back
Top Bottom