Search results

1. S

New to me Integrated Challenge

There's many positive reviews on the Marantz PM8004/8005/8006. You should be able to find one from $500-900 easy.
  2. S

Please Help

I plan on listing my Mac and wanted to know if the power or signal output was recapped in any way. Now I understand that it was basically one channel was repaired instead. Thank you for your time gentleman and stay safe! Nick
  3. S

Please Help

I have a McIntosh MA5100 that was serviced awhile back by a tech I no longer use and can't get ahold of either. For the life of me, I don't recall exactly what he said he did but I do have a pic of the old parts that were replaced. Thank you!
  4. S

Canton Karat 950 DC

Did you end up getting the 950 DCs? I have the 920 DC and Karat 200s. They look great and sound better than they look!
  5. S

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Second-tier top 3: AR-11 Canton Karat 920 DC B&W DM310
  6. S

No Hurt Feelings - What speakers do you think sound terrible?

Minimus 7. I had them hooked up to a Denon UD-M30 and couldn't bear to listen to them for more than a few minutes. The 7's just sounded way too clinical for my tastes. Then for kicks I paired them with a Sansui 4000 and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to enjoy them fatigue free for...
  7. S

Who made the best vintage audio?

According to my experience which is pretty limited compared to other Akers; McIntosh Fisher Sansui Marantz Scott
  8. S

AK Speaker Favorites

IMO I have a decent rotation of mid fi speakers. ADS L710 Dynaco A25 Dahlquist M-905 Canton Karat 920 DC
  9. S

Best Vintage Speaker Kickoff!

Love love love ADS speakers! I've own all of these in just the last 2 yrs; L300 L420 L520 L570 L620 L810 L880 But my all time favorites are the L710!
  10. S

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

5 in my rotation; ADS L710 Dynaco A25 Dahlquist M-905 Canton Karat 920 DC ADS L300
  11. S

Best speaker score under $100

I just acquired these exact speakers in a trade with the seller just the other day. Traded a pair of KLH's and a pair of University speakers that I paid a total of $65. These A25's were listed for $250 on CL. Not even 30 mins later, I purchased a pair of Dahlquist M-905's for $60. The A25's are...
  12. S

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1. ADS L710 2. ADS L880 3. ADS L810 IMO, most ADS 2 ways are quite impressive. The 3 ways take that to a whole other level. Haven't heard anything north of the L880 though. Maybe sometime in my lifetime..:music:
  13. S

Bruel Kjaer Omega 300 Speakers

Still sleepless?
  14. S

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

ADS L710 Canton Karat 920 DC University Debonaire (Poor man's Altec Lansing) ADS L300 Mission MS-50 (Strictly for tv use)
  15. S

How many vintage receivers do you have?

Wowza! Here I am thinking I have too many. lol McIntosh 4100 Fisher 400 Sansui 4000 Sansui Six Tandberg TR 2055
  16. S

NO DLK Model 2

Did you ever end up getting those DLK/2's?
  17. S

881 or 8080

I no longer have the 2000x, but I do have a 4000. It's slightly more powerful, but sounds just as warm an inviting. The 4000 is a workhorse and I can listen to it for 10+ hrs without any fatigue whatsoever. I also have a Sansui Six and it sounds just as impressive to me as the 4000. Sound...
  18. S

881 or 8080

My first decent SS was an 881. At the time I decided to add a 2nd system. Figured since I was happy with the 881, I'll try a different Sansui series. Since I liked the looks of the x0x0 models, I test drove a 7070 which is the model below the 8080. The seller had it paired with some Bose 301's...
  19. S

Hi Rome, Hopefully I'm not violating rules here, but I do have a Tandberg TR 2055 listed on...

Hi Rome, Hopefully I'm not violating rules here, but I do have a Tandberg TR 2055 listed on Bartertown. I'm willing to lower the price if you're interested.. SweetT
  20. S

Hi fishondwan, Thanks for the like! Nick

Hi fishondwan, Thanks for the like! Nick
  21. S

Hi Tom, How are you? Thank you for liking the Tandberg. If you are interested in it, I'm in...

Hi Tom, How are you? Thank you for liking the Tandberg. If you are interested in it, I'm in Chicago several times a month visiting my family.. Nick
Back
Top Bottom