Search results

1. JMiP

Awesome/Hilarious Headphone Stand

If you don't have a bust of the USA's 27th president, William Howard Taft, as a headphone stand, can you really call yourself an Audiophile? I think not, my friend.
  2. JMiP

Utah AS-2AX capacitor question

I recently bought a set of Utah as-2ax speakers from a thrift store for just a couple of bucks. They're small, clean, and are very nice example of mid-century modern design. I'm looking at the caps inside and they read 4 - 50VDNP. The 50VDNP obviously means 50 volts DC non-polarized, but the 4...
  3. JMiP

Best cassette deck for less than $200

What is your opinion on a cassette deck that won't cost an arm and a leg these days?
  4. JMiP

Cassette cleaner and demagnetizer

Do those old Maxell or Memorex cassette cleaner/demagnetizer cassettes actually work?
  5. JMiP

Pittsburgh to Raleigh?

Anyone from the Pittsburgh area coming to the Raleigh area anytime soon(ish)? There's, like, a million of y'all that live down here, so surely someone is driving between the two cities? Maybe? I'm looking to get a receiver down here. Thanks!
  6. JMiP

New Jersey to North Carolina

Is anyone heading down to North Carolina from New Jersey or points north of there? Someone has an amp for sale up there that I would really like to purchase. Let a dude know! Thanks
  7. JMiP

EV Model Sixteen vs Utah MK-17

Anyone have any experience with Electro Voice Model Sixteen (the 3 way version) and/or Utah MK-17 (also 3 way)? Any thoughts you would like to share on both or either of them?
  8. JMiP

My first real kit assembly

I bought a second hand, never assembled Anatek Blue ESR Meter from a fellow AKer a few years ago and finally got around to putting it together this past week or so. It was my first real kit, something that I will actually use when fixing some of these old receivers that I have lying around doing...
  9. JMiP

4" Full Range Drivers?

Not too long ago, I picked up a pair of small li'l Optimus XTS 22 speakers with a 4" full range driver that sounds about as well as you think it would. Think AM radio in a 1972 Dodge Dart. I'm looking to replace them and am looking for suggestions that will cost no more than about $75.00 each...
  10. JMiP

Recommendation for small form factor desktop amp

I'm looking to upgrade my computer audio system but don't have very much room to work with on the computer desk. Can anyone suggest something small but good sounding? I have some small bookshelf speakers to use with it. It can be class D, I don't care. Bonus points if it comes in a kit and I get...
  11. JMiP

Capacitor & Zener Replacement - Realistic STA-2600

I have a Realistic STA-2600 and need to replace the two big ol' filter caps in it as they are kinda bulging out a bit. They are 10000uf at 71v and have five legs. However, only two of those legs are actually in circuit. I guess the other three are just for ensuring them staying in place? Anyway...
  12. JMiP

Harman Kardon A402 bom

If anyone has done a complete recap and replacement of transistors in a Harman Kardon A402, would you happen to have a list or bom of all of the items that you had to order to accomplish this task? If so, would you be willing to share that with us?
  13. JMiP

MoFi StudioPhono and Harman Kardon 730

I have a MoFi StudioPhono phono amp that I am trying to connect to a HK 730, but it doesn't seem to be going very well. I am using one the Aux 1 input on the HK, but there is a lot of buzzing/hum going on. When I turn off the receiver and the turntable, the buzz/hum remains for a few seconds as...
  14. JMiP

Beautify my Onkyo CP-1030F?

I have a Onkyo CP-1030F turntable which is pretty good but looks so blah. I was thinking that maybe there is a way to add a wooden base to it? Has anyone done that before? Or would you just get rid of it in favor of another turntable like a Dual or something?
  15. JMiP

Plans for a building a credenza type thing

I'm looking to build a midcentury modern style credenza to put my stereo equipment onto and records into. I'm looking to have it something like 4' w x 2.5' (or 3') h x 1.5' d. Anyone know of any online sources for plans for such a thing? Thanks.
  16. JMiP

Soldering Equipment Sale

Looks like banggood has got some killer deals on soldering stuff today.
  17. JMiP

Hooking up a cheap fun spectrum analyzer

I've been looking at a AK2515 Audio Spectrum Analyzer to work with my Harman Kardon 730, but I'm not sure how to do that. Is it even possible?
  18. JMiP

Harman Kardon 730 vs Your Favorite Citation

I currently have an HK 730 paired with my KLH 23's and it simpatico defined. They sound wonderful together. Here's my question for the Harman Kardon experts in the house: Is there really a discernible difference between the HK 730 receiver and the best HK Citation amplifier? It might matter...
  19. JMiP

MINI DS212 Oscilloscope

Would the MINI DS212 oscilloscope (Youtube video review) work well with amplifier/receiver repair applications? I think the most attractive part of it is that it is very small and would hopefully work well for people who don't have a lot of space to work in. It also has a built-in signal...
  20. JMiP

KLH 23 Tweeter Presence Switch

If one needed to replace the tweeter presence switch in a KLH 23, what would be a good replacement? Do they exist?
  21. JMiP

KLH 23 Crossover Knobs

Are the KLH 23 crossover knobs on the back the same as the KLH 5's crossover knobs? I'm hoping to buy some from a model 5 to put on the back of one of my 23's that needs one. Also, do the resistors inside the cabinet ever need to be replaced with new ones? If so, what are the values of those...
  22. JMiP

KLH 23 vs EPI M-150

If you have experience with either, or both(!), the KLH 23 or the EPI M-150, which one did you prefer? I'm thinking of getting one of them and I keep hearing great things about each one. If it makes a difference, check out the amps/receivers in my signature. Thanks!
  23. JMiP

Replacements for AR 2ax

So, a friend of mine has fallen in love with my (recapped) Acoustic Research 2ax speakers and wants to buy them from me. Well, I really like them too, but like many of y'all, I have a problem with settling down with just one system. One thing besides excellent sound, these guys have a high WAF...
  24. JMiP

Online film processing

Can anyone recommend a good place to send my rolls of shot medium format (120 film) film to? There's a place here in Cary, NC that I took a roll to, but they charged me about $25 for a roll of film that turned out 6 usable photos. That seems quite steep for so few photos. Thanks! BTW, I just...
  25. JMiP

Homemade Flux

Anyone ever make their own flux for soldering? If so, any recipes that you would like to share?
Back
Top Bottom