Search results

1. GalaxieRange

CS G301-wa II repair looking for schematic

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for Pioneer cs-g301wa II speakers?
  2. GalaxieRange

Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

I have a 2500 RPM stall converter. A company has made some adapters for the FE to allow the use of Cleveland and other Ford intakes. Crazily enough the old Y blocks had an air gap intake from the factory.
  3. GalaxieRange

RS-4000 Speakers

That's what I was wondering. I am planning to replace the caps in my RS 5001 converted RS 4001's. I have seen similar problems with all sorts of stuff made in China vs USA. Where do you get good quality caps these days?
  4. GalaxieRange

It did with highway gears in the rear. Took forever to reach it though.
  5. GalaxieRange

Its a .20 over low milage block. It was clean when it was opened up no sludge, barely any carbon on pistons. I sold the stock pistons lol. It was nearly within spec to run with stock pistons and rings. Bearing journals are within spec: rods (C7AE) on high end of spec and mains well within. I...
  6. GalaxieRange

Infinity Bu 2 subwoofer improvements.

The subwoofer is currently on a concrete floor in the basement as is the rest of my system. The sub only has 100 watt output I wonder if that could be an issue?
  7. GalaxieRange

1966 Galaxie 500 convertible 352, 4 barrel, 3 speed cruise o matic FX auto,4 wheel manual drum brakes. It went 130 mph topped out. This was my high school car/first car. I still have it. Its undergoing a complete restoration, frame off, frame replaced, floor from firewall to rear bumper, and...
  8. GalaxieRange

Infinity Bu 2 subwoofer improvements.

Has anyone improved the sound quality of a BU2 subwoofer? Mine seems to be muddy and overly deep. I've thought of replacing the amplifier thats on it with a 300-500 watt amp.
  9. GalaxieRange

Making isolation cones for Polyspherites........

Yes the sub-enclosure. Hard plastic hmm. Maybe I could use some of mom's Tupperware?
  10. GalaxieRange

Making isolation cones for Polyspherites........

I bought a pair of Infinity cabinets that I am retrofitting RS 5001 components into. I got everything to fit but now I need to make some isolation cones for the Polyspherite mids. I was thinking of using either paper mache, cardboard, or even paper/foam bowls.
  11. GalaxieRange

Porting Infinity RS 5001? ......

Yes I have a sub its an Infinity BU-2 down firing 12 inch. Basement concrete walls, humidity controlled, one wall is drywall. open rafters played around with height and angle of speakers, adjustment of eq curve on receiver, and cleaning of pots on speakers( adjusted them too) Denon AVR-2808 CI...
  12. GalaxieRange

Yes. I have with height and angle. This system is set up in a basement. Climate and humidity controlled.
  13. GalaxieRange

Yes I'm using the pre outs on the receiver to send the left and right audio to the adcom and then to the 5001's I could always sell these and buy something else. I have 2 RS-1's that sound great too
  14. GalaxieRange

Yes I have adjusted the pots, and cleaned them out too Detoxit spray works
  15. GalaxieRange

I have a Denon AVR 2808 CI as the receiver. I have been trying different EQ modes on this. (I payed $90 for it!) seems to be better.
  16. GalaxieRange

Really I want to get more mid and bass of them. And of course I would ask first before doing anything dumb.
  17. GalaxieRange

I found an NOS RS 5001 crossover one bay some years ago. I plan to build 2 more of these for my 7.1 set up
  18. GalaxieRange

I have an Adcom GFA 545 which I power these with. Rated at 100 watts per channel at 8 ohms. Guessing 120 watts with 6. Will replace the caps. Can you recommend any good brands ?
  19. GalaxieRange

foams have been replaced.
  20. GalaxieRange

Has anyone ported Infinity RS 5001 speakers? or perhaps just the mids? Anyone removed the stuffing from the mid cone?
  21. GalaxieRange

Reconeing 8 inch IMG woofers.......

......Has anyone reconed 8 inch Infinity IMG woofers? I have a couple with bad voice coils, and would like to repair them rather then buy new or replacement ones. The kit that I'm looking at uses paper cones, I wonder how the sound quality would be effected? Any one know of a kit that uses...
  22. GalaxieRange

My trailer of tires has blown tires

My trailer of tires has blown tires
  23. GalaxieRange

Did Infinity ever make a 2 way speaker with emit tweeter?

This is sort related to my post on building a custom center channel. I just had an idea today to use 2 2way speakers. Perhaps if Infinity made a 2 way with emit K those could work. OF course using a power amp and signal splitte.
  24. GalaxieRange

Anyone use Torque Audio?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/hafler/dh-200.htm good read on the Dh 200. 116 watts actual and 164 burst should actually do well for me. I have Infinity RS 5001 conversion RS 4001 cabinets (upgraded parts in bookshelf size speaker)
  25. GalaxieRange

Anyone use Torque Audio?

looks good Looks like a good amp, Perhaps I should wait and get the DH-500 hmm
Back
Top Bottom