Search results

1. Jeff W.

Seller Waxwaves Delivers!

I purchased a Harman Kardon Citation II from Waxwaves advertised on Bartertown that was honestly represented, packed well and shipped promptly. There was great communication from the beginning until I had the unit up and running. Waxwaves has a wide knowledge and enthusiasm for vintage gear...
  2. Jeff W.

Good deal and great service from Truck

A "thank you" and shout out to Truck for offering a nice Technics headshell and an AT cartridge in Bartertown Parts & Accessories that I purchased. The communication was clear and the transaction was easy. He shipped right away and packed the items very well. I was very pleased with what I...
  3. Jeff W.

Now in the ADS 910 club

Do they come with the stands? Maybe stating the obvious here, but I see no mention of them. Of course, this would be the most typical major consideration for price aside from cabinet condition. Do they come with the meters, have their badges, any crossover boards? All good advice above for...
  4. Jeff W.

The infamous Sherwood Power Switch / Volume Pot: Repaired!

Hey Jim, Excellent job! I gave you a little foreshadowing in my opening post and am glad to see and hear of your success. Will you produce some of these parts for sale or? Was your part made on a "3-D Printer" or, possibly, a Stereo Lithography machine? It would be fun if it were made on a...
  5. Jeff W.

Sherwood S-7310 Power Supply Rectifier Diodes

Thanks for your input Bob. I'll look in the direction you have given me. I've already completed the recap. That is S.O.P. for me on these old units.
  6. Jeff W.

Sherwood S-7310 Power Supply Rectifier Diodes

I'm recapping and refurbishing this receiver and wanted to confirm correct and possibly improved substitutions for the six rectification diodes on the power supply board. Here is the board: The six diodes at the right are in question. The top four are what make up the bridge and are described...
  7. Jeff W.

You guys are more than welcome. It had been a while since I had made a contribution here on AK, so I am pleased if it has helped! Hopefully web searches will land others here and they'll be able to do the repair.
  8. Jeff W.

I’m glad this has inspired you to fix yours Dave. That was the main purpose of the thread. I wanted to unshroud the mystery of this switch, show that it is repairable and stop the senseless destruction of faceplates by drilling holes and adding an auxiliary switch. I think repairing the original...
  9. Jeff W.

My apologies all. I just lost an hour and a half of typing by hitting the wrong button accidentally on my wife's laptop. I'm mad at myself because it has happened before and I should know better than to write my copy directly into AK, but that's water under the bridge now! I'm sorry to postpone...
  10. Jeff W.

Now we will separate the back of the housing from the front to access the broken switch actuating pin (as shown in the bottom photo in the post above). This is the side view of the assembly: The back is retained to the front by four metal tangs (fingers) similar to the three that held the red...
  11. Jeff W.

I've seen many posts here and on other forums about the combination Power Switch/Volume Potentiometer used on most Sherwood receivers from the 70's failing. I've repaired several over the years and thought I would share the solution I have found to work. It is possible to repair the switch...
  12. Jeff W.

Early 1030 Restoration Questions

Thanks for responding Rich and thank you for the well wishes. I agree, it's rarely a bad idea to keep old parts for many reasons and I should have held on to mine until the project was over at least. I could have measured mine and known the answer. I did toss them, but I don't think is the same...
  13. Jeff W.

Early 1030 Restoration Questions

I realize there is much information available on this little guy, but there are couple questions about this early model for which I have not seen the answer or a definitive one. For those that may be curious, mine is serial number 1399 and has a silver (or natural aluminum) engraved faceplate...
  14. Jeff W.

Restoring Sony SBMC plinths?

Bump. Anyone attempted repair of scratches in a Sony SBMC turntable plinth/base? Thanks
  15. Jeff W.

Restoring Sony SBMC plinths?

Have any of you attempted this with good results? I have a PS-X75 that has many light hairline scratches in the base. Have any of you attempted sanding and polishing a Sony plinth made of "Super Bulk Molding Compound"? I have a chance to buy another Sony with an SBMC base, but it has someone's...
  16. Jeff W.

Pioneer PL-L1000A service and repair questions

Thank you. What is the proper lubricant for the front rollers?
  17. Jeff W.

My pleasure on the manual. Thanks for taking a look. I've gone ahead and removed the motor assembly, but took an overhead picture of it first so I record the location of the motor as best I could. I replaced the caps I could not easily access prior to removal. When replacing the motor there is...
  18. Jeff W.

I appreciate your desire to help me find the answer. Please don't go to too much trouble. If you're curious and just want to see the manual I'd be happy to e-mail you a copy. PM (conversation) me with your address and I'll be happy to send it your way.
  19. Jeff W.

Yes, indeed, thank you. I have it and printed myself a hard copy when I fist acquired the table. That is S.O.P. for me with any new piece of gear. Unfortunately, the manual gives no instruction as to drive motor servicing or replacement and its positioning in relation to the chassis or the arm.
  20. Jeff W.

Thanks for the tip Pio1980. I'm assuming this means if I remove the drive motor assembly consisting of the Rotor unit, control assembly and the base unit (PCB) as one from the turntable base I will not disturb this relationship. I just want to remove the three mounting screws that secure this...
  21. Jeff W.

Thank you gentlemen. Cason, I have responded to your kind offer.
  22. Jeff W.

I've had the good fortune to purchase one of these tables locally. I have been cleaning it and recapping it. I have replaced all the electrolytics on the power supply board and the control board. These are no problem to remove and service. Now I want to recap the board for the drive motor. I've...
  23. Jeff W.

Sony TA-5650 v-fet matching and 1N4148 diodes

Unfortunately, there are none. You'll need to find "real" N.O.S. or (more likely) used ones from a donor/parts unit and replacements with a rank that work for the amplifier (typically 53-55 for the TA-4650). Don't buy the fake ones from China. Even if they were "real" Sony parts their rank is...
  24. Jeff W.

Frazier Mark V speakers

Thanks Jcamero. The model V's I'll be looking at today are the exact ones shown in post #4 of this: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/frazier-mark-v-score.326514/ thread in post #4 that shows the Frazier brochure which gives the description. It says they have 4 drivers (3-way...
  25. Jeff W.

Frazier Mark V speakers

Someone in my vicinity that has a pair of these (they are not on Craigslist) and is considering selling them. I've looked here on AK and have seen there are at least two types: ones with a Piezo tweeter and ones with horn tweeters. The ones I am considering have horns. They also have two cone...
Back
Top Bottom