Search results

1. D

Altec 9844-8b Crossover (N800F) Rebuild

Hello all! I just recently purchased a set of 9844-8b's and I would like to try my hand at building a crossover network to replace the aging N800F in the enclosures. First, the photos which are too big to upload here: https://imgur.com/a/2EXIEGz I took some measurements of the drivers. The...
  2. D

Acoustech VI Rebuild Thread

I'm in the process of rebuilding an Acoustech VI. I've attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure. It sounds a little thin, probably due to one leaking main filter cap and aging electrolytics. So far I've ordered replacements for the electrolytic capacitors and transistors. One of the...
  3. D

Acoustech X Speakers and VI Amplifier

Tomorrow I am going to pick up a set of Acoustech X with a matching Acoustech VI amplifier. I have found basically nothing online about these speakers. They seem to be somewhat uncommon. These will be my first pair of electrostats, since I missed a set of Magnepans. Does anyone have...
  4. D

Marantz 1150 multi-section filter capacitor replacement

Hey all. I just started work on a new-to-me 1150. The multi-section main filter cap is leaking and needs to be replaced. Does anyone have advice on mounting two replacement capacitors? I've considered stuffing the capacitor. But, at ~63mm of space, I think I'd rather fashion my own mount...
  5. D

Marantz 6350Q Woes

Hi all! I picked up a 6350Q the other day and have been attempting to get it running. The price should have scared me away, but I'm fairly handy so here we are. I replaced all transistors with modern equivalents since one was torn off (should have been a red flag) and another had a broken leg...
  6. D

Black 5010 Cassette Deck

Bought this European 5010 Cassette Deck from another member today. Thanks again! Your gear was amazing! After a thorough cleaning I was able to get it singing again. I've taken an inventory of the electrolytic capacitors and will be ordering replacements. I still need to get the repair manual...
  7. D

990DB Project Thread

This is a new thread for the 990DB I recently purchased. It would not come out of protection mode unless the F2624 board was removed. Several of the fusistors tested out of spec. So I ordered replacements and finally got around to installing metal film resistors. No more blinking protection...
  8. D

Considering Purchasing a Thorens 147

Hi, all! Finally looking to upgrade from my Technics SL-1300 that has been my first real table. I came across a Thorens 147 which needs a power supply and a wand arm and I'd like your thoughts on it. (I've even attached some pictures!) I'm concerned about finding an arm that fits that isn't...
  9. D

Considering Purchasing a 990DB

Hello all! I have the ability to purchase a 990DB that powers on but the speaker protection light blinks. That being said, is the driver board likely the issue? I've read a couple threads, but I've got to email the seller back about purchasing it tomorrow. The wood case is rough and will...
  10. D

TR-707a Recap

Hello all! One of my many projects is a lovely TR-707a I purchased some time ago. It has sat until now, since I have been learning how to read schematics and successfully recap receivers. Has anyone else recapped one of these before? I'd appreciate the insight on the equivalents for the...
  11. D

Marantz 1040 Right Headphone Channel Out

Both channels worked prior to plugging in my new Pioneer SE-700. Now I only get one channel through the headphone jack with any headphones. The amp outputs both channels through both the main and remote speakers. No blown fuses. The amplifier functions as it should, otherwise. The resistors on...
  12. D

Help with 2285 (non B) Rebuild

Long time lurker on the forums but this is my first big post. I have recapped my Model 1040 after reading everything I could find on the forums. My 2285 came out of some guy's shed with surprisingly little surface rust or damage. Haven't played it much, other than to decide whether I wanted to...
Back
Top Bottom