Search results

1. Mitkraft

Realistic Solo-103 Thrift store find

I picked these up a few weeks ago in a thrift store and haven't done anything with them except a short few minutes of listening (to make sure they worked) and checking of the drivers to see if they were original. I was disappointed to find that they weren't the Fostex drivers. They aren't the...
  2. Mitkraft

Paul O'Neill producer of Savatage and Trans-Siberian Orchestra has died

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7809778/trans-siberian-orchestra-paul-oneill-prescription-drug-overdose-report I liked Savatage but never listened to much of the TSO except for the hits you hear all the time. I remember when Savatage's "Dead Winter Dead" came out and I was...
  3. Mitkraft

Speaker cone feels "loose". Is it damaged?

I have a pair of Infinity CS3006 that I planned on refoaming since the surrounds are nearly gone. I got them in this condition so I don't know the history. One cone feels normal but the other is "loose" and "floppy". If I manually move the normal feeling cone you can fell the pull of the...
  4. Mitkraft

What would the extended warranty on a pack of MoFi sleeves cover? LOL

Went to check out on amazon and was offered this: Sure, let me pay an extra $5 for my sleeves, its worth it for the piece of mind to know they won't stop working in the next 3 years. How many of them have to fail for me to get something? You think if one out of 100 is split they'll send me...
  5. Mitkraft

Another pair of big speakers followed me home: Bozak 302A

So it was a big day for shopping today. I picked up some good vinyl early in the day (Alice Cooper, Dire Straits, Motley Crue, Rolling Stones, Sabbath, AC/DC..good stuff. Then this evening I went out to meet a guy selling a Macintosh Portable (the first one) off CL and came home with a few...
  6. Mitkraft

Pair of Optimus Mach Three followed me home

So I was on my way to meet a craigslist seller to buy some Atari 2600's and stumbled on these: Two Mach Three and one Pro 4000 I turned into a little dead end road headed to Walgreens so I could get some cash and just at the end of the road I saw three large speakers that looked to have...
  7. Mitkraft

reddodge053 Great seller

Purchased a rareish Japanese jazz promo album and a handfull of 80's soundtracks from @reddodge053 a while back. Just now getting around to listening to some of them but they were all as gradded or better and the transaction couldn't have gone more smoothly. Do not let his lack paypal usage...
  8. Mitkraft

Funny conversation overheard in Half Price Books this weekend

I was browsing the vinyl section in a HPB on the other side of town since I was out that way and I couldn't help but eavesdrop on these two young guys (maybe in their 20's) who were also checking out the albums. They were cracking me up because initially they were on the other side of the rack...
  9. Mitkraft

ETLS - great AKer

ETLS was nice enough to package and sell some hepastat for record cleaning that is generally impossible to buy in smal quantities. Not only did he do an excellent job of packing it (not a single drope leaked even into his inner bag, but he also hooked me up with something I didn't even know I...
  10. Mitkraft

Vinyltim - great seller!

I bought 3 lots of Jazz albums from Vinyltim a couple of months ago. I'm just now leaving feedback because although I still haven't listened to them all, I've listened to most and its already been two months so I didn't want to wait any longer. The transactions couldn't have gone smoother...
  11. Mitkraft

Would a pair of ADS L7E make a good center channel for L710s?

Title says it all. I have a pair of ADS L710 as my L/R speakers in my livingroom and have been thinking about what to use as a center. i was wondering if a pair of L7e would make a good center channel. Can anyone confirm or deny this? If not the L7e, any other suggestions? It's not my...
  12. Mitkraft

Great Purchase from "Tom In RI"

Finally got around to playing the 4 Jazz albums I bought from Tom. All of them were advertised as VG+ or NM and they were all as described. Great buying experience and great selection of Jazz! I would buy from him again in a heartbeat!
  13. Mitkraft

Got this Broken Yamaha CA-2010 off ebay - What would you do

I bought a Yamaha CA-2010 off eBay and finally had a chance to test it on Tuesday. It was listed as "Working Unit Cabinet Shows Wear SEE PHOTOS Due To Age No Warranty Selling as Parts & Repair due to no Warranty". I expected a unit that needed repairs but was working on some level. As it...
  14. Mitkraft

Mystery Bozaks - any info? Value?

Looking at possibly buying these but I dont know anything about Bozaks. Any help or value would be appreciated.
  15. Mitkraft

63pontiacgp - Good Seller

Bought a leather turntable mat during the the outage last month. Transaction still went smoothly, arrived well packed, plenty fast, and in perfect order. Thanks!
  16. Mitkraft

Denon DR-320 rubber turned to goo - worth repairing?

I know little to nothing specific to tape player maintenance and repair. I've read a bit here and am still digging to find the pertinent information but I'm looking for opinions on whether this is worth repairing and how I might go about finding replacement parts. It powers on, the meters light...
  17. Mitkraft

What are these? Acetate? King Olvier - Volumes 3-5

So I found these in my stash of aquisitions that I've had for a while but never gone through. After doing some research I think these are acetate disks? They have a second hole and a bluish tint around the edge. They are also very heavy and definitly don't feel like vinyl. They are colder to...
  18. Mitkraft

Autographed 13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere – Story – Help Request

I've had this drafted and waiting to post since last Thursday but couldn't do to the site issues: A year ago I’d never heard of 13th Floor Elevators. While sorting through albums that I believe came from my grandparents (which consist mostly of gospel and thrift store type junk) I stumbled...
  19. Mitkraft

Yet another Speaker ID Request

Got these pictures from a seller. I can't identify any speakers in these pics except one bose (201 maybe?) sitting on its side. Can anybody help Identify any of the other speakers (or anything else noteworthy in thr picture)? If you have an opinion on them to feel free to say. Thanks!
  20. Mitkraft

Follow up: Yet another stylus/cart recommendation request

I'm looking for suggestions on stylus and carts if needed for my primary and secondary turntables. My primary is the MCS-6700 (unless one of the other two is a significantly better table) and the secondary is probably going to be the Technics SL-QL5 which i just picked up at the Salvation Army...
  21. Mitkraft

Is it possible to use a tube reel-2-reel as a tube buffer?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question as I know little to nothing about r2r machines. Their widespread use predates the years where I was playing music and getting my own hands on the gear. First question would be does the record in to the line out pass through any tubes? Secondly, would it...
  22. Mitkraft

Question about tri-amp connections on my NS-690 speakers

If I were to use the tri-amp connections on the back of my NS-690's, would the factory crossovers still be in effect? Basically, do I need to feed them a signal that has already been properly crossed over or can I send them a full rang signal? Also, can you bi-amp instead of tri-amp? If so...
  23. Mitkraft

I hate it when....

I hate it when I'm halfway through an album and realize I left the mono switch engaged from the last mono album I was playing! Then the delima: Do I go back and listen to the part I just sat though or just move on?
  24. Mitkraft

Changer / Stacker spindle problem

I have an MCS 6700 with 45 and 12" stacker spindles. I've never tried the 45 spindle but the 12" one seems to be not quite right. I've never used a changer before so I'm not 100% sure how it works but i'm guessing these two things are a problem: The top set of shorter fingers never retracks...
  25. Mitkraft

Passed on an Ampex 970 R2R for $75 - mistake?

Was at an estate sale today and found an Ampex 970 suitcase Reel-to-Reel. i was interested because I looked it up and found that it was tube based. I figured even if I couldn't get it working as is that the tube sections would be worth something or might even be usable by themselves. I...
Back
Top Bottom