Search results

1. Young46

Anyone had new speaker boxes built

Hello all, I have a pair of ADS L810 speakers that had damaged cabinets. All the drivers were good and Richard So had even rebuilt the woofers for me. They sound so good and I hated to just have them as garage speakers. I decided to have new boxes built. Attached is a photo with the mew boxes...
  2. Young46

What is my HH Scott 299D worth

Not looking to sell it but what is my HH Scott 299D worth?
  3. Young46

Not a fan of Sanfansui

I purchased a HH Scott 299 D from AK member and subscriber Sanfansui last year around Thanksgiving. The ad in Barter Town read: H.H. Scott 299D integrated amplifier from 1964, fully restored Just thoroughly restored by an expert tube technician and sounding sweet. New...
  4. Young46

Realistic STA-2290 Help Needed

Hello all, I have a Realistic STA-2290 that I inherited and it has a couple of problems. The unit powers up fine and the relay clicks. I get sound from the left channel but not the right channel. The display doesn't light up either. I am a hobbyist and have repaired a fair amount equipment. I...
  5. Young46

Fisher 290-T Help Needed

Hello all, longtime member, first time post on Fisher. I was given a Fisher Console with the Philharmonic 290-T chassis in it. It has the MPX-77 in it and I would like to get it back into service. I have a place for it in one of the bedrooms. I didn't think the on/off/volume control was with it...
  6. Young46

Pioneer SX-780 Problems Need Help Please

Hello all, a friend of mine dropped off a SX-780 that was in protection and ask if I could fix it for him. Having repaired/restored I think 3 of these before, I agreed. I powered up with the DBT and sure enough it had all the signs of a blown STK0050 module. I had a good spare and installed it...
  7. Young46

ADS 910 Cabinet Restoration

A friend asked if I could refinish the cabinets on his ADS 910's. He knows that I am just a hobbyist but said he trusted me. I agreed and set out to do a little research on them. What I got from the spec sheets is the walnut veneer is dark walnut and the stands are black wrinkle finish paint. I...
  8. Young46

Krell KMA-100 MKII help needed

Hello all, I have two Krell KMA-100 MKII monoblocks that are both in protection mode now. When I got them they both had blown main fuses. I installed new correct fuses and (right or wrong) powered them up one at a time on my DBT with a 100W bulb. One showed a bright bulb and never dimmed and the...
  9. Young46

MAC-4100 Power Supply Issue

Hello, I have a McIntosh Mac-4100 receiver that has a power supply issue. From the bridge rectifier D1 there is supposed to be 5.6VAC to pin 5 on the Power Supply Board 045-217. I measured the voltage and it is 36.3VAC, not 5.6VAC. Attached are photos of the schematic. I tested the Bridge...
  10. Young46

Sansui 5000X Stupid Question

Hello all, I have a 5000X receiver that I am working on. I am a big proponent of there are no stupid questions but here goes. Are the (2) 1/4" wide grounding straps soldered to each board and the chassis really necessary. Why can't a simple piece of 18ga stranded wire soldered to the board on...
  11. Young46

Pioneer CT-F900 Help needed

I originally posted this in the Tape forum and got no response so I am switching to the Pioneer forum hoping to get some help. I have a Pioneer CT-F900 that I am working on that won't engage the take-up reel when play is engaged. FF and RW do not work either. I have installed the four new...
  12. Young46

What is a good starting point for repairing equipment

I was reading a thread started by @fdeelros he started it with referencing voltages on his power supply. I am a hobbyist and have repaired a fair amount of equipment. Most of it with the help of the good techs here on AK. I was curious to know the thoughts on starting the repairs. What is the...
  13. Young46

Pioneer Spec-2 Help Needed

Hello, I started a thread for my Spec-2 that had a loud pop through the speakers when powering up. I resolved that issue and decided to follow the thread posted by mattsd a few years ago and recap and replace transistors in it while I had it down. Every thing was fine after the work was done...
  14. Young46

Help needed for Onkyo Integra TA-2047 Belt

Hello, new to this forum. I have an Onkyo Integra TA-2047 that is in need of a new belt. I don't know the exact size but as near as I can tell it measures 7.416" long x .25" wide and 0.03" thk. Does anyone know of a source for this belt. I see sellers on eBay but are they reliable? I also...
  15. Young46

Pioneer Spec-2 Loud Pop After Power Up

I have a Pioneer Spec-2 that makes a loud pop through the speaker on the right channel. The unit is connected to the Spec-1 Pre-Amp. The volume control on the pre-amp is set to minimum (off) and the level control is set to minimum on both channels on the Spec-2. The component is a CD player...
  16. Young46

Won Working Yamaha CR-1020 at Auction Now What?

Hello, I won a Yamaha CR-1020 at a local online auction a couple of days ago. I powered it up on my DBT and it was fine so I plugged it into the house power and tested it for awhile. I only tested the tuner and aux (CD Player) outputs and they were ok but the volume pot was very scratchy. No...
  17. Young46

AKAI GXC-760D Both Channels No Sound

Hello, I'm new to the tape forum but not new to repairing electronics. I am a hobbyist, not a professional tech. A friend asked me if I could repair his Pioneer SX-1250 Receiver and AKAI GXC-760D. With the help of fellow AK'er I have the receiver repaired and back into his hands. I just...
  18. Young46

PIONEER SX-1250 FRIED MICROTEMP

Hi all, a good friend called and asked if I could fix his Pioneer SX-1250 receiver. I asked him what the problem was and he said it started smoking on power up. I went over to look at it and the Microtemp and the resistor (R1) were both fried. He also said it blew all the fuses on the board...
  19. Young46

SAE A201 Channel A Out

Hello, I am an AK member for several years and I am going to be working on my SAE A201 Amplifier that has the left (Ch A) out. I started a thread over in the DIY Forum and it was suggested that I move it over here. I was looking for a schematic and have since received one from stereomanuals.com...
  20. Young46

SAE A201 Schematic Needed

Hello all, I have an SAE A201 with the left channel b out. Can anyone tell me where I can get a schematic? I have been searching but no luck. TIA for help!
  21. Young46

9090DB F-2624 Board Resistor Values

I am replacing the electrolytic capacitors and resistors R33-R50 on a friends 9090DB driver board. Resistors R41-R44 according to all the information I've found so far are supposed to be 1/2W, 150Ω resistors. When I pulled and tested them they measure R41 - 2.2kΩ, R32 - 3.3kΩ, R43 - 1.5kΩ, R44 -...
  22. Young46

Pioneer PL-55 Motor Start Issue

Hello, I am an AK member, amateur restorer, hobbyist and have a nice PL-55 that has a motor start problem. It won't start when it is cold without some assistance (rotating the platter by hand). When it is finally rotating it spins at the right speed and the speed controls are working. I've...
  23. Young46

Pioneer SX-780 STK0050 Upgrade Install Mistake

Hello, while waiting on some parts for my SX-1010 rebuild my parts to finish up the stk0050 upgrade on my SX-780 arrived. I finished up my work. Powered up on DBT and everything was fine. Went to full power and all still ok so I listened to it for about 5 minutes and shut it down. It sounded...
  24. Young46

Proud owner of a SX-1010 that needs attention

Hello all, I finally managed to get a Pioneer SX-1010 receiver. This is the highest power receiver I have owned and am looking forward to getting it back into tip top shape, hopefully with lots of help from fellow AK'ers. The unit works however after playing about half an hour (at relatively...
  25. Young46

Soundcraftsman RA-7502 Resurrection

Hello, I am AK member for several years. I work on vintage gear as a hobby. My projects include receiver, speaker, amplifier, turntable, and tape deck (r-r and cassette) repair. I have a Soundcraftsman RA-7502 that needs to be repaired. When powered on some of the the lights would randomly...
Back
Top Bottom