Search results

1. Luckbad

Show your headphone amplifier

Oh I love the SFD-1 but I sold my last one a while back and haven't seen a good one since (at least not while I had the money to buy it).
  2. Luckbad

RME ADI-2 Pro FS into the SPL Phonitor XE This has been my main setup for a number of months now.
  3. Luckbad

Garage 1217 Project Sunrise III Headphone Amplifier DIY Build

A few more beauty shots. I really like the current production Electro-Harmonix 12BH7. However, I learned that you can use many 5670/396A/2C51 tubes if you bypass the input capacitors (jumpers are provided to do so) and use an adapter. I have some 5670 -> 6DJ8/6922 adapters, and I have been...
  4. Luckbad

Garage 1217 Project Sunrise III Headphone Amplifier DIY Build

I am a huge fan of the Garage1217 Project Sunrise III headphone amplifier. You can see how much I enjoy it in an earlier review of it. Today, we’re not here for a review. Instead, we’re here for a build guide! I put one of these together last weekend and recorded the process. This is my first...
  5. Luckbad

Notable Headphone Amps on the Way from Monoprice in Late June

These aren't just co-branded, they're legitimately designed by Alex Cavalli. He was showing the prototypes at shows prior to his retirement and has confirmed that these are his on Head-Fi.
  6. Luckbad

Garage1217 Headphone Amplifiers

I went ahead and built the atomicbob Noise Nuke today because the parts arrived shortly before I got off work. It's too soon to declare it the best bang-for-the-buck upgrade to any DC powered headphone amplifier, but I really do think I'm hearing subjective improvement. Some glamor shots of...
  7. Luckbad

Garage1217 Headphone Amplifiers

I know I've seen these lovely headphone amplifiers mentioned a few times in threads around here, but I felt it would be worth starting a thread to discuss Garage1217 headphone amps/preamps. I've personally owned: Project Horizon III Project Sunrise III Project Ember II Project Polaris...
  8. Luckbad

Have you ever considering trying out a tube amplifier?
  9. Luckbad

New system Help

Probably the best possible system you can put together on a somewhat reasonable budget these days is: Source: Schiit Eitr - This is an outstanding source and cleans up any junky USB for far less than any other options. Punches way above its price (and I've owned more than a dozen similar...
  10. Luckbad

Sennheiser Best Bang For The Buck

The best bang for the buck Sennheiser headphones (and probably the best bang for the buck headphones period) are the Sennheiser HD6XX at Massdrop. $200 for near-TOTL headphones is an absolute steal. I bought HD650s more than half a decade ago at close to $500 and I've owned an obscene number of...
  11. Luckbad

Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

Luscious. Amazing sub-bass extension and impact, very good midrange, smooth highs. The wood comes through in reflections on some music, which is either great or not so great depending on the type of music.
  12. Luckbad

Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

I'm secretly a fanboy of JVC. I don't currently have any gear that belongs in this thread, but I'll post a picture of my headphones, the JVC HA-DX2000: And the less rare JVC HP-DX1000 (that I no longer have):
  13. Luckbad

What is your occupation?

Video game designer.
  14. Luckbad

You should try the Garage1217 Project Sunrise with a linear PSU. I can almost guarantee you'd swap that over to your home setup if you do so and use a nice clean tube (new production Electro-Harmonix 12BH7 are surprisingly impressive, but I also really love 6N6P tubes).
  15. Luckbad

Eddie Current Super 7 on the right, Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson on the left.
  16. Luckbad

New Schiit Saga - Passive preamp

Tube coloration and a remote control.
  17. Luckbad

New Schiit Saga - Passive preamp

I'm camping the Schiit website until I can find a black Saga to go with the Jotunheim. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the Jotunheim is, but I'd like to pop a Saga on top of it as well.
  18. Luckbad

Current Crop of R-2R DACs

I love Sonic Frontiers DACs and have had a couple in the past, including a fully upgraded SFD-1 MKII SE+ up until several months ago. I'm also a big fan of MHDT Labs DACs. They're tube buffered non-oversampling R-2R DACs. Not as accurate as modern oversampling DACs, but in my opinion they're...
  19. Luckbad

modding an Adcom GDA-600 DAC?

I was gonna necro this thread but it looks like it was bumped a couple months ago. Anyone still around who has done these mods? I just nabbed an Adcom GDA-700.
  20. Luckbad

Anyone else using 6n6c output tubes?

Thanks for the awesome equivalent charts. I'm probably going to pick up some 6P3S-E for my amp.
  21. Luckbad

Amps & Sound (aka ampsandsound)

http://ampsandsound.com/ I picked up the Amps & Sound prototype Mogwai at CanJam today. Bought the unit he had at the show and he dropped it off on his way home (we happen to live 10-15 minutes from each other). What a gorgeous amplifier! @ampsandsound is a great guy and builds amazing amps at...
  22. Luckbad

DAC confused. Looking for a better option than current set up.

I'll second Audio-GD. I've owned... DI-2014 NOS-1704 C-2 Class A Reference 5 Roc I loved them so much that I now have a Master-11. Great gear for a very good price.
  23. Luckbad

Amanero384 Combo meets audio-gd Reference 5.32 DAC

Great thread. I'll steer people here who want to upgrade to Amanero. I was going to upgrade my Ref 5 myself until I got the Master-11.
  24. Luckbad

JoshHendi Rocks

Bought a Pioneer SA-9100 from @JoshHendi with lots of new caps. This thing is awesome! Great communication, fast shipping, excellent packaging. Don't hesitate to make trades with him!
Back
Top Bottom