Search results

1. cashflagg

Speaker Identification Help.

Pretty certain these are Rae Sonics. Not sure what model, but I've seen that vented silver dustcap CTS style woofer used on plenty of them that turn up around KC from time to time.
  2. cashflagg

What's your username mean?

Cash Flagg was the pseudonym used by B-movie director Ray Dennis Steckler when appearing in small acting roles.
  3. cashflagg

What brand are these?

Assuming the speakers are MCS like pretty much every other component pictured, it would appear that they are likely MCS model 683-8229. 3 ways, with a nice dome midrange.
  4. cashflagg

Is this a Dave scam?

Definitely a scam. Exact same ad was posted here in Kansas City not too long ago.
  5. cashflagg

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

There are about 3 or 4 different thrifts that are pretty near one another on my daily commute to work, so I make it a habit to stop into them repeatedly throughout the week to generally look at records and electronics. The electronics side of it doesn't yield much most of the time, although I...
  6. cashflagg

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Pioneer SX-1080 or extremely nice heated cat bed? Chowder obviously thinks the latter. Catticus is missing this one while it's in the shop... And Pigeon here is just a brat and likes to climb on practically anything she isn't supposed to, but at least she's cute...
  7. cashflagg

Electro-Voice Esquire 200 questions...

Woah, weird to see this thread pop up again. Just a couple months ago a pair of speakers IDENTICAL to mine actually popped up on that auction site. Here are the pictures that I could pull from the ended listing. It used the exact same Oxford mid AND the same crossover network. No...
  8. cashflagg

Yet another speaker ID Thread

These are RCA SPK-450's. They are big 3-ways, with a horn. Have never heard them, so can't help you as far as that's concerned.
  9. cashflagg

Unusual Vintage "France" USA Made, Peerless or Altec drivers? Bozak?

Someone found a pair of these at a garage sale awhile back and gave them to me along with a Pioneer SX-780. They are your typical "in-house" speakers. The drivers were all CTS in mine. And best of all, there was a high frequency control that was just left dangling in around inside the...
  10. cashflagg

Curious to what these speakers are...

These popped up not too far from me with little description, but they look nice and I have no idea what they are.
  11. cashflagg

Nakamichi LX-5 Channel Issue...

Yeah, as soon as I turn off Dolby NR the meter for the right channel drops significantly as well.
  12. cashflagg

It's actually been refurbished at some point, replacing the dreaded orange capacitors in the process. So, that's kind of why I'm confused as to why this issue has recently popped up. Was hoping it was possibly an easy fix.
  13. cashflagg

I've noticed recently that my LX-5 when played with any sort of Dolby NR off, the output is significantly weaker in the right channel than the left. Curious as to what could be causing this dropout.
  14. cashflagg

Any record shops or stereo shops worth checking out in Kansas City???

I'll gladly vouch for both Brother's Music in Mission, KS and GotWhatULike out in Grandview. Both have a solid selection and the latter usually has some interesting gear to look at. Love Garden is awesome too, but yeah, it's a bit of a drive. I'd also suggest stopping into It's A Beautiful...
  15. cashflagg

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Catticus knows this all belongs to him and not me...
  16. cashflagg

Are we ever really happy with our gear?

I'm pretty satisfied with what I have in most of my setups now. I mean, there are obviously some end goals that I'd like to meet one of these days for various components...but overall...unless I can find one of those end goal pieces, I'm not terribly interested in swapping out components unless...
  17. cashflagg

Ahartig

Bought a player copy of Velvet Underground's White Light/White Heat album here recently and it came well packed and as described. Good fella, even checked in to see if it arrived ok.
  18. cashflagg

Galaxie65 - Fantastic Guy/Seller

Picked up a Realistic 2100 from Kevin. Kept in contact with me the entire time until it arrived and the packing was impeccable. Buy with confidence from this man.
  19. cashflagg

Show some love for recievers!

Have a couple or so more than what's pictured, but these are my favorites.
  20. cashflagg

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I just got my 2275 back a week or so ago from Glenn McDonald (aka: EchoWars) and it's now completely restored. It wasn't without it's hurdles, as it had to make a special trip up north to Mike Williams in Flint, MI to get the tuner straightened out, as in its earlier days it suffered from the...
  21. cashflagg

Living room system...

Here is an updated picture of my living room system. It's now being powered by a completely restored Marantz 2275 done by Mr. Echowars himself, running to a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's. It sounds and looks gorgeous and I couldn't be any happier with this setup.
  22. cashflagg

Does Anyone here NOT own a Television?

I have a TV in my living room, however I haven't had cable for several years. I get way more mileage out of my Roku than I ever would with cable. I also need the TV so I can watch things on my Oppo and VHS deck from time to time.
  23. cashflagg

Any one familiar with Shopgoodwill.com ?

Dealt with them a couple times, however don't have much desire to in the future. At the very least don't order anything from the Sacramento, CA location as they quite obviously dropped the piece I won before shipping it and did so anyway while then trying to blame UPS. The lower left hand...
  24. cashflagg

Show us your age!

34 next month. Always been a huge fan of music and it naturally segued into audio world after obtaining some of my fathers gear several years ago.
Back
Top Bottom