Search results

1. davelarz

Klipsch RP-600M - believe the hype?

OP Dave here - this thread is back from the dead. It's nice... reminds me of a long time ago and far far away when I used to leave the house. I definitely have no bone to pick with Klispch speakers and I really wanted to like these. For those who think my post was too long, I apologize...
  2. davelarz

TD125 not powering up - need local tech

It was the fuse! Only fuse I could get was a 1/4 by 1 1/4 which is ever so slightly longer than the spec 6x32mm, and it was definitely a snugger fit. And lo and behold... powered up. Thanks for your help Tom, really appreciate it.
  3. davelarz

Might as well by a fresh fuse and see though seems strange that fuse would blow in transit? It's definitely firmly in there
  4. davelarz

The wires in the yellow box of Tom's diagram are firmly attached
  5. davelarz

I adjusted the switch housing so that the triggers were both pushed harder. Now when I engage the power I hear a click. Unfortunately still no power.
  6. davelarz

Adding the pic Tom sent me with his markings.
  7. davelarz

Pics below - I reached out to Tom directly and I've also added his response. He rightfully told me this was a community and someone could benefit from the pics and knowledge, which is %100. So here are the pics and Tom's advice, going to try it now. The on/off slide moves the lever marked by...
  8. davelarz

Hello all - I'm looking for some help with a Thorens TD125 mki that I just bought here on AK. Received it yesterday and sadly it is not powering up at all. I checked the fuse and it seems to be fine - thought it maybe it had been jostled loose in the ship. It was packed very well and the seller...
  9. davelarz

Okay thanks Marc

Okay thanks Marc
  10. davelarz

Marc - do you have or know where I could acquire a blank armboard for a Thorens 125? Dave at...

Marc - do you have or know where I could acquire a blank armboard for a Thorens 125? Dave at Vinyl Nirvana has them pre drilled for SME and 9-inch Jelco arms - I'm looking to mount a 10-inch Jelco, the 750e. Thanks for any help - Dave
  11. davelarz

Davelarz Generous Dude

Man you are very welcome and thank you for the kind words. You only get so many opportunities to give someone a nice surprise - you have to take them when they come around. Glad it’s playing well
  12. davelarz

Scarsdale NY Thorens turntable and Adcom components not pictured

Thanks for the heads up though
  13. davelarz

Scarsdale NY Thorens turntable and Adcom components not pictured

Not far away from me but sadly I just have no time to investigate this weekend
  14. davelarz

Perhaps they are just completely wrong for this room. And as I said, I can easily imagine them being competitive with other similarly priced mass market speakers out there and maybe preferable to some (though - and I haven't done this, too much of a PITA - but I feel certain that in an...
  15. davelarz

Both reviewers I referenced are very transparent about the systems they used. Reichert as usual used a variety of amps and yes they are all pretty nice but nothing outrageous. 5k Line magnetic the best of the lot I think. Guttenberg for the most part used a pretty standard Av receiver I think...
  16. davelarz

And just to be clear I’m not knocking Klipsch. They obviously have quite a few speakers that many many people love. I think the point of my “review” was my (once again) shock at and... I admit... suspicion of the whole audio industrial complex. I tried to be open about the challenges of my room...
  17. davelarz

Thought I would post this as a general public service to anyone out there who, like me, reads all the latest audio reviews despite his (or her? so rarely her) better instincts, and who therefore is curious about the recent rave reviews for the Klipsch RP-600M. Herb Reichert went bananas in...
  18. davelarz

Swapping arms and armboards between AR the Turntable and EB101?

No - also has a hurst. And was worked on by Dave at VN, upgraded outer platter and springs, which I was also thinking of swapping although maybe this is a bad idea. Or maybe I should put my AR the TT hurst in the EB. (This EB was once owned by Anthony Scillia... don’t honestly know why I’m...
  19. davelarz

Thanks Marc - I was hoping you’d answer. I was considering the swap just because the hurst I have in the AR the TT is utterly silent (the one in the EB is quiet but not silent) and I’m a little more partial to its aesthetics over the EB (for some reason I really dug that tiny orange LED). Is...
  20. davelarz

Hello all - AR specific question here. I have an AR the Turntable and I think I'm going to buy an EB101 (later U.S. made EB101 with the crescent shaped armboard). The AR the TT has a Linn Basik LVX on it and the EB101 has an SME M2-9 (one of the big reasons for my wanting it). What I'm wondering...
  21. davelarz

New tonearm on AR the Turntable? Jelco 750?

Just to report - I mounted the DL103 on the Basik LVX and it... sounds pretty damn good. Maybe a little thin in the mids and even more so in the bass. But not a disaster by any means, very engaging sound, lot of image depth, highs are sparkly. I bought a DL301 here at AK (needlestein retipped!)...
  22. davelarz

Tonearm of 1600 mk ii effective mass is 12g. Mk i is 22g or at least that's how it's listed in the owner's manual.
  23. davelarz

Yeah looks like effective length of sa-750d is the same as the basik but recommended pivot to spindle of 750d is 214. I presume Basik is Linn standard of 211. I wonder if I could drop the 750d on the same armboard and not even have to drill? Make up that 3mm on the headshell overhang adjustment...
  24. davelarz

I'm aware that DL103 not a great match for Basik - that was part of my desire to go to the Jelco. I have the DL103 on the stock arm of an sl-1600 right now (which I thought was 12g eff mass but discovered today is 22g... mk ii is 12g...) and it sounds great. May have to go back to the m97xe for...
  25. davelarz

The thing is I have a DL103 laying around so I want to go with that. I'll have to mount it on the Basik and see how it works out first and go from there. Wondering if a tonearm upgrade is worth it - this is going to be an office TT. It just sounds good enough to me that it warrants a better arm...
Back
Top Bottom