Search results

1. davelarz

TD125 not powering up - need local tech

Hello all - I'm looking for some help with a Thorens TD125 mki that I just bought here on AK. Received it yesterday and sadly it is not powering up at all. I checked the fuse and it seems to be fine - thought it maybe it had been jostled loose in the ship. It was packed very well and the seller...
  2. davelarz

Klipsch RP-600M - believe the hype?

Thought I would post this as a general public service to anyone out there who, like me, reads all the latest audio reviews despite his (or her? so rarely her) better instincts, and who therefore is curious about the recent rave reviews for the Klipsch RP-600M. Herb Reichert went bananas in...
  3. davelarz

Swapping arms and armboards between AR the Turntable and EB101?

Hello all - AR specific question here. I have an AR the Turntable and I think I'm going to buy an EB101 (later U.S. made EB101 with the crescent shaped armboard). The AR the TT has a Linn Basik LVX on it and the EB101 has an SME M2-9 (one of the big reasons for my wanting it). What I'm wondering...
  4. davelarz

New tonearm on AR the Turntable? Jelco 750?

Just got an AR the Turntable in great condition and it sounds so good I'm thinking of giving it an overhaul, new springs and studs at least (motor is silent). Tonearm is a Linn Basik LVX. I could get a 10-inch Jelco 750E for pretty cheap and I'm wondering what you suspended tt folks out there...
  5. davelarz

Counterfeit DL-103?

I decided to finally see what all the DL103 fuss was about and try one in my office system. Bought one on USAM that was admittedly priced surprisingly low but I snagged it very soon after it went up and the photos showed a cart that looked exactly like every DL103 I've ever seen including the...
  6. davelarz

Change your tidal password - I just got hacked

Just a public service announcement for anyone out there using Tidal. My account got hacked and I was frozen out of it. Got back in by contacting Tidal and it seems like it's all good now, we'll see. But I urge you to change your password if you haven't done it in a while, and make it something...
  7. davelarz

What else to say about Whatelse?

Bought a phono pre from him - he shipped it the next day, arrived quickly and very well packaged and exactly as described. Great, hassle-free experience.
  8. davelarz

Think I fried my G3000 today... can it be saved?

Hooked it up at my office, had it playing briefly and then lost sound. Looked over and smoke was escaping top vent. Turned it off, investigated and... having sloppily rushed to connect everything the unruly + and - wires on my right channel were touching (damn those tight little terminals). So...
  9. davelarz

My prayers have been answered... ECM CATALOG IS NOW STREAMING ON ALL SERVICES

"Prayers" maybe is too strong a word. But man... I been hoping real hard for this for years. Maybe there is a Santa Claus.
  10. davelarz

Power Conditioners... the final frontier

I've gotten so much good guidance from AK over the years, I felt it was high time for me to share some of my experience that might help somebody make a decision. I've been wanting to write something about this situation for a while but just haven't found the time. I'm home sick today, though...
  11. davelarz

Dfunghi the best!

Just a great guy all around. I've sold him many records over the last year or so. Big fan of this guy, a pleasure to deal with in every way.
  12. davelarz

sberger great to deal with

I've sold him several records over the last few months - prompt payment, great communication. Trust him completely.
  13. davelarz

ecod123 tremendous

Can't go wrong with him. I've sold him a lot of records recently - just a great guy to deal with in every way.
  14. davelarz

Gearhead454 a winner!

He's bought a lot of records from me recently and he's a pleasure to deal with in every way. Buy or sell from him with complete confidence.
  15. davelarz

Ecod123 a winner

Member ecod123 has bought a lot of records from me over the past few weeks and just been a pleasure to deal with in every way. You can't go wrong with him
  16. davelarz

Any Quicksilver Mini Mite owners out there?

I'm considering buying a pair of mini mites that are available locally - amps were built in 2008 and stock tubes have been upgraded, supposedly have low hours on them (jan/phillips 6l6's output and telefunken 12ax7s input). I just got new speakers, very efficient Triton Twos replacing my good...
  17. davelarz

Shipping cart/stylus without stylus guard?

Hello all - just sold an Ortofon OMP-53 p-mount cart/stylus here on AK and though I have original box and paperwork I can't find the stylus guard. And though I have MANY stylus guards laying around here, I don't have one that fits that particular tapered thin Ortofon profile. Anyone have any...
  18. davelarz

Vinyl Tim - 2 thumbs up

Great seller, great records, very easy to deal with. Buy from him with confidence.
  19. davelarz

Classic Carl a pleasure to deal with

He's bought some CD's and records from me, also made a vinyl trade with him. Very conscientious and prompt buyer and trader - you're in good hands if you're dealing with him.
  20. davelarz

The Stooges LP - Fun House - 1972 French Pressing, NM vinyl

Putting this up for auction for the 2016 Adopting Families cause. This is the 1972 French pressing, original Elektra center label with butterfly. Cover is VG+, strong cardboard, gatefold image pristine. Play-graded vinyl yesterday and oh man... clean as a whistle. Sounded amazing, made me doubt...
  21. davelarz

MMF-7 or VPI Traveler

Hello all - looking for any input on my current decision. I'm running an original MMF-7 w Grado Sonata right now and have been thinking that would be my rig until I got together the funds for a VPI Classic. But I've also been feeling lately like this tt is the weak link in my chain... and in my...
  22. davelarz

Ortofon OM cart too light for sl-1600 arm

Hello all - I recently bought a Technics SL-1600 (original not mkII) here on AK. I currently have a Grado prestige silver on there but I wanted to try out an Ortofon OM-10 cart that I have which I recently put an OM-30 stylus on. However... the cart is too light for me to get the tracking force...
  23. davelarz

Interference pops on both phono stages of sx-850

Hello all - looking for some advice on my current office system. I recently moved my sx-850 along with some KLH 17's to my office in Manhattan, which is located in a big building on 5th Ave. Since I did this, I've been experiencing intermittent speaker pops of varying volumes (some loud, some...
  24. davelarz

Great sale from PooreBoy

Highly recommended. Great price, great piece, utterly fair and transparent through the entire deal. Shipped me a turntable and did an amazing job. You can't go wrong buying from him.
  25. davelarz

choosing a preamp for a3cr amp

Hello all - Just wanted to float this question to anyone who might have experience with either piece of gear. I recently got a great deal on a Musical Fidelty A3cr power amp, which I bought because I needed more power for my latest speaker acquisition, Infinity RS IIIa's. I had been driving the...
Back
Top Bottom