Search results

1. B

Altec A7-800 crossovers

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. If you have the 800 hz original crossover, I'd try that first. If not, either the PRV 800 hz or the Beyma 1200 crossover is suitable.
  2. B

Altec A7-800 crossovers

It would work fine with your drivers. The Beyma FD-212 is a 1200 hz crossover that would also work well combined with the 30923 altec circuit. But, you actually have the original 800 hz crossovers? If so, just stick the 30923 altec circuit after the HF part of the crossover before the HF...
  3. B

Altec A7-800 crossovers

I bought this crossover from PRV and implemented into my altecs. It was decent as is. Basically a sideways step from the 800hz altec crossover. I added the 30923 network to the HF after this crossover and they are great now. The 30923 network cost about 12 bucks to build. If it matters...
  4. B

decisions...

The room is lively. I listen flat, maybe with a little bass knob sometimes. I don't sit down ever. I work from home and I stand so the klipschorns extra height actually helps out a bit since I'm always standing. I don't really mind. If it was a dedicated listening space I'd do something...
  5. B

decisions...

I will also say that they bass from the klipschhorns dwarfs the la scala and Cornwalls. Even combined.
  6. B

decisions...

My solution so far.
  7. B

decisions...

Despite all the good advice here I went and bought them.
  8. B

decisions...

I have actually done that already, the pic doesn't reflect that but your reasoning is the same as what I was thinking. What I have found is that these industrial splits seem to have a lot more bass that other la scalas i've had. This is the only pair of industrials I've heard. I feel like the...
  9. B

decisions...

Omaha
  10. B

decisions...

Nothing to be gained by buying Klipschorns vs what I have already? I have never been able to find any to even look at. They basically would cost at least as much as what I have in these two pairs of Klispch now and I can't see how it can be much better unless I get 4 of them. :)
  11. B

decisions...

Speakers
  12. B

decisions...

13. B

decisions...

I have industrial la scalas that I am using with crites 120, woofer and A55g and Type A networks sitting next to Cornwall 1 decorators. I regularly play all 4 together and they sound great. The dilemma is that I have good corners and a pair of Klipschorns is on the horizon yet I have never...
  14. B

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I have two manuals. 712-299-2279. Bryan
  15. B

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I have two manuals for a Pioneer SM-Q300. 712-299-2279
  16. B

I got a Pioneer SM-Q300 receiver, Now I have questions

I have one of these, use it daily. No rebuild yet though my tech is ordering some caps.
  17. B

heathkit as-183 cabinet dimensions, port size etc.

I think maybe that's right, just the woofer section of the H-223. Anyway, looks close. I'd take the dimensions as a starting point at least! Thanks
  18. B

heathkit as-183 cabinet dimensions, port size etc.

I have a pair of excellent condition AS-183 heathkits which appear to be jensen H-223's rebadged. Does anyone have any specs for what size the cabinets should be and how long and diameter the port should be? If specs like this aren't available anywhere, how do I figure it out? Trial and error?
  19. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

The speaker cabinets already have 5" legs or so on them. There will be grills on the front of course so porting out the front is an option if that sounds better.
  20. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

I guess I can try it and if it sucks I will redo it. Is there an issue with porting the back panel? I was planning to reuse the original tube from the JBL cabinet and I guess an extra hole in the bottom or the back can be dealt with pretty easy if it sounds goofy.
  21. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

Do you see an issue with the port being on the bottom rather than on the front as they are in the JBL cabinets? The Heathkit cabinets have legs that elevate it off the floor so it seems a port to the floor would be the best visually.
  22. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

Man i was hoping i might get more response than this!
  23. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

I guess I am also asking for any other pitfalls to avoid in this endeavor. Thanks!
  24. B

Vintage cabinet rebuild

I am new here. I am a little bit obsessed with vintage stuff. Here's my proposed project. I bought some very nice JBL S312ii the other day. Sound good, look good (modern)but they do not fit my house or decor at all. I also bought two empty Heathkit AS-15 cabinets in nice shape. I see no...
Back
Top Bottom