Search results

1. G

Opinions on the Musical Paradise MP-303 Tube/CLass D Amp?

I never bothered with the DAC mainly because I don’t use USB. I even disconnected the module from the board. It looks like a very simple little DAC with a Via chipset pretty cool to be included but I would have rather the money go to better capacitors. Regarding the type of amp chip,The chip...
  2. G

Marantz 1060 pm5004 pm8005 Onkyo a9010 a9150 a9070 Moved to a small appartment wanted something that sounded good that won’t get me in trouble with the volume
  3. G

I really like my MP-303 But I am wanting to try a solid state amp again. I miss the powerful midbass I got from my Marantz and Onkyo integrateds I've owned. Its got great clarity and sound stage while being warm and musical. I put in a Western Electric tube I prefer over the stock GE.
  4. G

New Onkyo stereo integrated amp - the A-9150

I think it sounds pretty good. A bit better then the 9010. it has a darker more solid tone, while the 9010 has a more presence and a bit thinner in tone. It does seems like the 9010 has more volume but the speakers seemed better controlled with the 9150
  5. G

New Onkyo stereo integrated amp - the A-9150

It's up on Onkyos USA site now. I ordered one from them a couple days ago, it hasn't shipped. I will post my impressions.
  6. G

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Y'all know what this one is? :3 PM15S2
  7. G

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

Here's the pm8005 and sa8005 I enjoy the combo. :) Great stuff in this thread.
  8. G

Picked up a Nice AU-719

I also got a AU 519 Last month. This things rips, but I can tell it needs a recap. Its got good bones, but I know it can do more. It sounds like a marantz receiver sounded before I recapped it. Oddly the phono board was the only thing that was recapped by the shop I got it from. However they...
  9. G

Marantz PM 8005 int. amp. vs Marantz 2270 receiver

To the original question. I think the 2270 will sound warmer as stated and will have a loudness button and a tuner. The 8005 will sound brighter in comparison and has a remote and no loudness button or tuner. I own the pm8005 and a 2220b and 1060 I also owned a pm5004. The two vintage amps...
  10. G

Onkyo As A Brand

First Onkyo I owned was an a-9010 about a year ago. I really like Onkyo. I have had an M282 since then. And also have an a 9555. I like the sound of them. I wish I still had the M282. I think the sound is cleaner then marantz but less warmth. some find them thin and bright, so i guess its all...
  11. G

Onkyo a-9010

Thank you! I'm sorry do you mean the preamp is in the location you mentioned earlier? I'm actually still not sure which one area it's in. thanks! Also I found a service manual for the 9010 can i upload it to this site?
  12. G

Onkyo a-9010

I don't have any stock pics but, here are some after pics with better pictures of dac http://imgur.com/a/hrMHQ I wish! I'm just learning and wouldn't really know where to start. :) One day I hope I have the skills to say yes.
  13. G

Onkyo a-9010

Thanks for the reply! I think i know where you are talking about.
  14. G

Onkyo a-9010

Well after trying various combinations of elna silmic II and Nichcon FG in the signal path i decided to put the old parts back in. I mentioned in the first post that some of the parts were generic elna's they are not and are the RA3 series. I guess miniature audio grade caps. When i s switched...
  15. G

Yamaha or Onkyo Amp?

I know I am late to this discussion.The Onkyo a 9010 is a keeper for me. Having owned modern stuff Marantz pm5004, Music Hall a15.3, and a NAD 326bee. And a couple vintage ones: Marantz 1060 and 2220b The Onkyo is my favorite and happens to be the cheapest. Supposedly its better then the higher...
  16. G

Onkyo a-9010

Anyone use an Onkyo a-9010? I love it. Owned it since November. I think it sounds better then my Marantz 1060 It doesn't have the warmth of the marantz. It makes up for it in clarity and lushness of the mids and soundatage. So I opened the amp up to see the choice of caps. I saw the big...
Back
Top Bottom