Search results

1. nagafd

Removing Black Oxidation Spots from Turntable Platter

OK- I will try the Simichrome I have a new tube. I am a trained as a master metalsmith and have used the Simichrome on other nonferrous metals, sterling, bronze, copper, but never aluminum. I am alway afraid of contaminating those metals with aluminum, aluminum will really screw up silver. I...
  2. nagafd

Thanks- used Tarnex... did not work!
  3. nagafd

Looking... for that perfect long lost sound & still alive, do I deserve to be....

Looking... for that perfect long lost sound & still alive, do I deserve to be....
  4. nagafd

I have also used a hammer to the hard-drive and degausser...
  5. nagafd

What; Command Z and then Delete?
  6. nagafd

Yeah, got it. Thank you. The advice would be for a machine only to be used for this purpose. Possibly with a much higher speed motor retro fitted to the machine. Thanks again.
  7. nagafd

I have heard that POR-15 Metal Prep, BONDERITE C-IC 33 Aero Aluminum Prep or Eastwood Aluminum Prep should work. Test on reverse side of platter. Use on the entire surface that is not either anodized or powder-coated. So it is the same then use heavy duty scotch-brite on the prepped surface...
  8. nagafd

Hello, is there any buddy out there... anyone at home in DC ?

I like "no rules" with guidelines... seems very reasonable. By way of introduction - I am new to audiokarma.org, and I am looking to find... the love of my life here, or a facsimile thereof - 60s & 70s analog music and solid state audiophile music machines; and try again to understand them, and...
  9. nagafd

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

I like "no rules" with guidelines... seems very reasonable. I am new to audiokarma.org, and I am looking to find... the love of my life here, or a facsimile thereof - 60s & 70s analog music and solid state audiophile music machines; and to try to understand them again, and figure out why I...
  10. nagafd

Looking... for that perfect long lost sound

Looking... for that perfect long lost sound
  11. nagafd

Advent 300, Yamaha RX-V1300, and my turntable

The Advent preamp is for the phono it was good than and if reconditions should be good today. You will need to have some work done to it to bring it back to audiophile condition. It should cost you no more than 300.00, which is a lot but preamp was designed by Tomilson Holman the TH in THX. He...
Back
Top Bottom