Search results

1. kln138

McIntosh C20

Anyone know off hand the screw size for the extruded holes on the underside of the chassis?
  2. kln138

Duh! They really need to go in right?

I've been restoring a Pioneer SA8500. It is clean and I wanted it to go with my RT909 and SX9500. Everything went smoothly. Recap and recommended transistor replacement. I replaced all the output transistors and the transistors on the board. Wired it back up and the bright light (DBT) of doom...
  3. kln138

To bi-amp or not to bi-amp???

I have a stack of McIntosh gear (MC2505, C26) powering Altec 604e's through the Altec passive crossover. I love my set up. However, that opportunity came along and I acquired two MC60 mono blocks in pristine condition. I don't want to break up my 2505 and C26 set. Should I bi-amp? From the...
  4. kln138

MP Capacitor?

This greenish gray capacitor is in a Marantz Model 25. In the schematics they are listed as 0.1uf +/-20% 150Volt, M. P. They are in the power supply and output amp. Are they Metalized Polyester or Metalized Polypropylene? They were made by Matsushita. What is a good replacement for them in...
  5. kln138

Model Twenty Five Bleed Over

I scored a cosmetically, good looking, model 25 with a Garrard 95B turntable (It's going away and a freshly serviced ELAC Miracord 50H is replacing it) installed on top. Even the smoked turntable cover looks decent. I checked it out and started re-capping the power supply and replaced the main...
  6. kln138

Marantz 2252B Junkpile Save (Ihope)

I'm a long time reader of the forum; first time poster. I'm a newbie to repair. This unit was in bad shape and I don't mind taking the chance to learn with it. I've had success repairing a 2230. I came into possession of this 2252B. All the lights were inoperative, there was no AM or FM. I...
Back
Top Bottom